ADVERTISEMENT

Dual meet states

Jspence135

Gold Member
Dec 25, 2018
Goodmorning.

How does dual meet states work now that they added more spots. I heard the Friday locations are not going to be at Smyrna but different locations. Exactly how many teams make it for division 1/2. Thanks a lot.

Item 4. Tournament Sites

A. The 2019 tournament Quarter Finals will be held at Smyrna High School for Division I and Milford for Division II.

B. The Semifinals and Finals will be held at Smyrna High School for both Division I and Division II on Saturday, February 9, 2019.

Item 5. Tournament Schedule

A. The SWC has established the following schedule for the tournament:

Friday, February 8, 2019 Time Event
4:30 PM Teams arrive. Please do not arrive earlier.
5:00 PM Weigh-ins begin
6:00 PM Quarterfinals begin on two mats
8:00 PM ( immediately following preceding matches) Quarterfinals continue on two mats

Saturday, February 9, 2019 Time Event
12:30 PM Teams arrive. Please do not arrive earlier. 1:00 PM Weigh-ins begin
2:00 PM Semifinals begin on four mats
4:00 PM (immediately following semifinals) Finals begin on two mats Following Finals Presentation of Awards

Kinda sucks for CA.. Traveling down to Milford to wrestle what will probably be a 7 seed ..:confused: It makes sense though being most the D2 teams in the tournament will be from down there

My sources say that Friday duals are at AI DuPont (D2) and Smyrna (D1). Everything then goes to Smyrna on Saturday for Semis and Finals. I'll find details when I get on a computer..

My sources say that Friday duals are at AI DuPont (D2) and Smyrna (D1). Everything then goes to Smyrna on Saturday for Semis and Finals. I'll find details when I get on a computer..
Is there a prediction or early point total for seeding

Is there a prediction or early point total for seeding
Well, D1 field looks to be Flight A Champ and runner up, STG and Middletown.

Hen North is still undecided but CR, Smyrna, Cape, SC should all be in.

Sallies will get in and ST, WP and Dover will be looking for the last spot

In my opinion bad decision to have the event at Ai Dupont compared to Milford. More teams from down south having to travel up north to get home late just to travel north again next day in smyrna. Milford has a larger gym and more bleacher space than AI Dupont and with 8 teams overlapping I just dont know how well that's going to go at AI Dupont.

Yeah that version was edited 1/10/19 and the venue change to AI is highlighted.. wonder why they changed it? Does Milford have something else they have to schedule that night in their gym like a BBall game or something rec local? Maybe a community early bird senior citizen spaghetti dinner and dance.. damn Ikey

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
Yeah that version was edited 1/10/19 and the venue change to AI is highlighted.. wonder why they changed it? Does Milford have something else they have to schedule that night in their gym like a BBall game or something rec local? Maybe a community early bird senior citizen spaghetti dinner and dance.. damn Ikey
I might get a senior discount for a Milford dinner. Of course, I'd have to present my old Milford football jersey 'in hand' for some odd reason! Btw, my wife said it was funny seeing the old bearded guys at CR still attempting to wear their old CR shirts and jackets! Like BRUCE said so eloquently, "Glory days, well they'll pass you by..."

img-bc429060-e30c-4ef0-9ab2-3f12cb59ad1d.jpg

My little cousin told me last week that one of the wrestlers at her school was prolly getting kicked off the team cause he was caught drinkin. I don’t think they ended up doin nothin about it tho cause I saw him wrestle last night. Idk if they plannin to wait til after states or gonna let him slide with a slap on the wrist. Good Ol Smyrna politics ain’t changed much with new coach....smdh

Well I heard little Johnny and Becky got caught making out in the principals office closet and she can’t cheerlead at the state duals, worst of all she’s a senior wth

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Gotta love an anonymous accusation by an account that was started today. Sounds legit

Unfortunately the accusation is true. There are pictures floating around of the kid wearing his schools gear and holding a beer with some other kids. The pictures were posted on social media. These kids need to understand that everything that gets posted on social media is seen by everyone. They have to use better judgment when it comes to that kind of thing. It's a shame because that could potentially hurt the team depending on what the punishment if any ends up being. Be smart kids!

My little cousin told me last week that one of the wrestlers at her school was prolly getting kicked off the team cause he was caught drinkin. I don’t think they ended up doin nothin about it tho cause I saw him wrestle last night. Idk if they plannin to wait til after states or gonna let him slide with a slap on the wrist. Good Ol Smyrna politics ain’t changed much with new coach....smdh
Damn you're a big rat.. We don't like rats around here

Caravel getting a transfer? And at a spot they desperately need help? What luck. Insert eye roll:rolleyes:
How is the kid allowed to wrestle. So late.. Stuff like that this late shouldn't be allowed.. If crenshaw can't wrestle that kid shouldn't be able too.. Caravel & st marks doing their old tricks i see

Last edited:
Unfortunately the accusation is true. There are pictures floating around of the kid wearing his schools gear and holding a beer with some other kids. The pictures were posted on social media. These kids need to understand that everything that gets posted on social media is seen by everyone. They have to use better judgment when it comes to that kind of thing. It's a shame because that could potentially hurt the team depending on what the punishment if any ends up being. Be smart kids!
I’ve also heard this rumor. I thought diaa had mandatory punishment for alcohol or drugs. They have rules for everything else. Can not believe any team would let a kid wrestle if this is true. I haven’t seen the pics but I know some kids that supposedly have seen them.

Reactions: wrestlingdad15
I’ve also heard this rumor. I thought diaa had mandatory punishment for alcohol or drugs. They have rules for everything else. Can not believe any team would let a kid wrestle if this is true. I haven’t seen the pics but I know some kids that supposedly have seen them.
Lol yea that’s probably only IF it gets reported. I wouldn’t hold my breath

Reactions: myrealname
Its not easy being a coach and supporting kids. I'm sure they are well aware of the rules and if or when it goes down we will know about it. I'm not worried

Let’s just say if it’s true, that kids match made a difference. We should not have to just move along with all due respect Mr W. They wrestled a kid knowing about this situation. Sometimes wins aren’t as important as life lessons.

Let’s just say if it’s true, that kids match made a difference. We should not have to just move along with all due respect Mr W. They wrestled a kid knowing about this situation. Sometimes wins aren’t as important as life lessons.
OK, I was hoping this subject would tuck itself into bed but it won't. First of all, no one on this thread knows the specifics of this case (myself included). You don't know the circumstances or status of awareness or punishment, if applicable. Hell, people don't even know if a static photo holding a beer bottle constitutes a violation or not. When was photo taken? Was the kid just holding bottle to "front" for the camera? Perhaps the school and DIAA know all about it and have already harvested his fourth toe on his left foot, and he owes them a pinky after the season. The point is that it seems silly for grown folks to be speculating and passing judgement without knowing any facts. Some of you should pay attention to your own teams (and even own homes). Vicious and personal rumors circulate all around Delaware. From the outside, one never knows what is going on. Gossiping like middle schoolers can't be helpful. Smyrna wins one competitive match and less than 24 hrs later, accounts are made to drop dimes and caring parents chime in. If Smyrna lost maybe these "revelations" may have not been revealed. The reason I said move along is because some seem to have forgotten that these are rumors and judgements about a high school kid you know nothing about. Keep things in perspective. If a punitive measure is called for, the school and DIAA will address it. Keyboard sleuths are probably unnecessary.

Last edited:
OK, I was hoping this subject would tuck itself into bed but it won't. First of all, no one on this thread knows the specifics of this case (myself included). You don't know the circumstances or status of awareness or punishment, if applicable. Hell, people don't even know if a static photo holding a beer bottle constitutes a violation or not. When was photo taken? Was the kid just holding bottle to "front" for the camera? Perhaps the school and DIAA know all about it and have already harvested his fourth toe on his left foot, and he owes them a pinky after the season. The point is that it seems silly for grown folks to be speculating and passing judgement without knowing any facts. Some of you should pay attention to your own teams (and even own homes). Vicious and personal rumors circulate all around Delaware. From the outside, one never knows what is going on. Gossiping like middle schoolers can't be helpful. Smyrna wins one competitive match and less than 24 hrs later, accounts are made to drop dimes and caring parents chime in. If Smyrna lost maybe these "revelations" may have not been revealed. The reason I said move along is because some seem to have forgotten that these are rumors and judgements about a high school kid you know nothing about. Keep things in perspective. If a punitive measure is called for, the school and DIAA will address it. Keyboard sleuths are probably unnecessary.
Would you be saying the same if it was cr? Just asking

Would you be saying the same if it was cr? Just asking
Of course I would! I've never been a Homer for Smyrna. When they mess up, I'm the first one to bring it up. Check out some football posts. There are kids on several teams that I've known since they were five or six years old. It has nothing to do with the school. And I've never spoken to or been introduced to the kid in question. I don't know him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deboy21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT