ADVERTISEMENT

Dual meet states

Of course I would! I've never been a Homer for Smyrna. When they mess up, I'm the first one to bring it up. Check out some football posts. There are kids on several teams that I've known since they were five or six at many DE schools. It has nothing to do with the school.
I didn't know you were mr Wilson you are a good man & a great ref.. If I'm thinking the same man

I didn't know you were mr Wilson you are a good man & a great ref.. If I'm thinking the same man
Hey, I'm just a screen name like everyone else. Perhaps with more grey hair, bigger belly, and more sons that wrestle than most. But this 'Wilson' guy sounds OK, if you can trust rumors! :)

Hey, I'm just a screen name like everyone else. Perhaps with more grey hair, bigger belly, and more sons that wrestle than most. But this 'Wilson' guy sounds OK, if you can trust rumors! :)
You have to teach me the trick i end up having 2 grls.going try one more time for a boy..whats the trick? Lol

Do you think adding 2 teams for D-II was right?
Yeah that version was edited 1/10/19 and the venue change to AI is highlighted.. wonder why they changed it? Does Milford have something else they have to schedule that night in their gym like a BBall game or something rec local? Maybe a community early bird senior citizen spaghetti dinner and dance.. damn Ikey
I believe it is the annual Bummy accordion extravaganza. You really need to get there early to find a good seat. It is a MUST SEE!!!!!

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Do you think adding 2 teams for D-II was right?

I believe it is the annual Bummy accordion extravaganza. You really need to get there early to find a good seat. It is a MUST SEE!!!!!
Have you tried watching it on trackwrestling.. Save you money & not having to deal with the folks.. Haven't been since track lol

If indeed this is true if it didnt happen during school or on school grounds or during a school function then I fail to see how the school could have any jurisdiction over it? When the kids leave school and go home then they are their parents problem IMO.. Sure coaches/schools may have team rules players are not to drink or use drugs during the season so that would be on the coach to prove the kid drank the beer and not just holding it and kick off team. I don't know, just how far of a reach does the school have into the kids private lives away from school? I am not condoning it in any way but lets be honest teenagers party and yes jocks do also and so did we.. If the partying carried over to effect us at school or someone went to school high then I can see the school getting involved then..JMHO

Last edited:
I’d imagine DIAA has or will be made aware of the situation.

Why? DIAA would have nothing to do with this situation. They have no rules pertaining to this.. Strictly at the school level and I even question that being it didnt happen at school or at a school event.. If it happened

Reactions: soccer07
although I do not condone what happened, I do have a problem with it being a "school" issue. was it wrong, yes, but it is for the parents to discipline. however, according to a nephew who wrestles, he pointed out that the athletes are held to a certain code of conduct, in school and out of school. this "athlete code" that sets the standards is read before every match at every school (yea, I've never listened to it either). so really the kids shouldn't be posting on social media stuff that would be considered "shameful" to their team. should an athlete be kicked off a team for a 1st time infraction though... really? kinda harsh...

So tell me why should the school get involved in this? This is pretty much the same COD as all schools

Smyrna High School Code of Conduct 2018/2019

Smyrna High School is committed to the philosophy of progressive discipline. Each school administrator, therefore, has the discretion to determine the necessary punitive action based upon the severity and/or regularity of each offense. Each school administrator will, of course, select among the punitive action options outlined for each infraction in the student code of conduct. If deemed necessary by administration, an administrator also has the authority to assign a time-out for any student. The following Discipline Code of Conduct is in force:

 On school property prior to, during, and following regular school hours.

 While students are on a school bus for any purpose.

 At all Smyrna High School-sponsored events and other activities at which school administrators or staff have jurisdiction over students.

 Off-School Property resulting in criminal charges.

The Discipline Code of Conduct shall apply to out-of-school conduct by a student if the District believes that the nature of such conduct indicates that the student presents a threat to the health, safety, or welfare of other students and staff. Out-of-school conduct rising to this level of severity may result in an expulsion recommendation of up to/including 180 school days and shall include but is not limited to:

 Acts of violence, which are punishable by law.

 Sexual offenses, which are punishable by law.

 The sale, transfer or possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia, which would constitute an offense punishable by law.

 Felony charges.

Last edited:
although I do not condone what happened, I do have a problem with it being a "school" issue. was it wrong, yes, but it is for the parents to discipline. however, according to a nephew who wrestles, he pointed out that the athletes are held to a certain code of conduct, in school and out of school. this "athlete code" that sets the standards is read before every match at every school (yea, I've never listened to it either). so really the kids shouldn't be posting on social media stuff that would be considered "shameful" to their team. should an athlete be kicked off a team for a 1st time infraction though... really? kinda harsh...

exactly and parents of athletes sign off on a code of conduct as well and they don't adhere to them either lol

Here's how a coach handles this

Pull the kid aside and says "Mr. whomever..What the hell are you thinking? You need to realize when your out there you not only represent yourself but the team, school and community. This this is embarrassing all of them and causing a stir. Use your head man don't be an asshole. After practice your going to apologize to the team for embarrassing the program and then you owe us (how many whatever's the kids hate to do). Now get your ass back to practice and stop being an asshole .. oh and next time you want to be an asshole put on a damn Middletown hoodie.."

Reactions: soccer07
That’s how things use to be handled, and I don’t disagree with it in any way. BUT, at this point in society nothing relating to social media can be undone or simply ignored (as we’ve seen countless times in politics). I’m not suggesting they need to throw the book at the kid and really I don’t think anyone on here really shames the kid in any way for his actions- but how the situation is handled by the school and more importantly- the coaching staff will set an example and sends a message to other athletes in the program. If they choose to take the lightest course of action in this scenario, they will be forced to do the same for any similar incidents in the future. Again, it really comes down to setting the standard for your athletic programs as a whole. Just my opinion

Reactions: youjustme
In all seriousness why is this even being discussed? If social media was around when more than a few people on this board were growing up, I bet more than half would have lasting images of their slight indiscretions made during their youth. This is between the school, student and parents.Let this go and get back to wrestling.

Social media wasn't around when I was a ute but there are lasting images of my slight indiscretions out there somewhere in the form of a poloroid haha

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
I’d imagine DIAA has or will be made aware of the situation.
I don't believe its a DIAA call. Individual schools and school districts have policies around this issue. My district say your done for 45 days. My kids old school makes you run hills. Depends on the focus of the school.

I don't believe its a DIAA call. Individual schools and school districts have policies around this issue. My district say your done for 45 days. My kids old school makes you run hills. Depends on the focus of the school.

45 days for what? having picture of you out of school holding a beer on the internet? what district is this? I would like to see that rule..so would some lawyers lol

I can see it now.. lil Johhny gets called to the principle's office and Principle says.. lil Johhny its come to my attention you were at a party drinking last weekend therefore I must suspend you 45 days .. yeah right lol

you say the school has dominion legally over social media??? what if it was hacked or photo shopped?

schools dont have nothing over social media unless it involves endangerment of another student/faculty or a felony. cyber bullying other students being the main thing

45 days for what? having picture of you out of school holding a beer on the internet? what district is this? I would like to see that rule..so would some lawyers lol
Brandywine School District Code of Conduct. Serious. Happens every year to one of the school. I tell my players not even to use "Red" cups.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
I can see it now.. lil Johhny gets called to the principle's office and Principle says.. lil Johhny its come to my attention you were at a party drinking last weekend therefore I must suspend you 45 days .. yeah right lol
I'm telling ya. Mt AD gets a picture sent to him, its a done deal. Scoff at it all you want. It happens.

Reactions: concord87
I just read through the Brandywine SCOD there is nothing like that.. reads just like the others

https://www.brandywineschools.org/cms/lib/DE01000691/Centricity/Domain/1452/Brandywine School District English 8.5x11_2018-19 FINAL.pdf

OUT-OF-SCHOOL CONDUCT The District, as well as other school districts in Delaware, is notified by the Attorney General’s Office and/or law enforcement authorities whenever a student is arrested for committing a felony, even if it has nothing to do with school or has occurred off school property. When the District receives these reports, they will be reviewed. The District will take disciplinary action as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct if it is determined that the out-of-school conduct indicates the student presents a threat to the health, safety, or welfare of other students and staff. Example: If a student is arrested for selling narcotics in the community, he may be expelled from school. Students need to realize that out-of-school behavior can result in expulsion from school or placement in an alternative program.

I'm telling ya. Mt AD gets a picture sent to him, its a done deal. Scoff at it all you want. It happens.

well then that is a rouge AD violating these students civil rights.. maybe your not getting the whole story on these incidents such as some form of behavior that could be construed as cyber bullying.. thats a hot one and a level 3 offence to the code.. or are we confusing code of conduct for athletes and suspension from team not school?.. that then is a different story. The student signs the coc to play and if in that code is no alcohol consumption period then they sign off their rights as it pertains to this and must pay the price as the code requires

but I dont know where you should draw the line though from showing up to practice smelling like alcohol to a picture on the internet holding a beer.. seems like a big leap to me

Last edited:
Ikey stop trying to stifle free speech... this is a good conversation and isnt even about the kid in question anymore.. it has transcended that... now shut up and sit back and watch your Bucs twist Central in knots.. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT