ADVERTISEMENT

DWA Delaware Youth Triple Crown Award - Annoucement

TeamSmy

Varsity
Feb 28, 2005
All Coaches and Fans,

(Please help us spread the word by sharing this with all of the Delaware Youth Wrestling Teams, Social Media, and with your youth clubs. We also strongly encourage out of state teams to participate in these events to help drive competition.)

I hope this message finds you well. In an effort to promote our sport, and drive more competition to the local youth events, we’ve introduced the Inaugural Delaware Wrestling Alliance Youth Triple Crown Award, which will be awarded to the Youth Wrestlers who have excelled by capturing titles at the following 3 Events:

2016 Camp Barnes Classic – December 31st in Dagsboro, DE

2017 Smyrna Little Wrestlers Tournament – January 29th in Smyrna, DE

2017 Delaware Kids Scholastic State Championships – Sussex Tech High School – Date TBD (Open to only Delaware Residents)

Please note – 2 of these events have a large footprint of out of state wrestlers, bringing more competition to our local event. We encourage out of state teams to participate in these individual events, which drives the prestige of this award to only those wrestlers who truly excel at a high level. We recognize that your wrestler may be the highest placing Delaware finisher at that weight class, but in order to be eligible for the Triple Crown, you must capture the title (1st Place) at each of these 3 events. Being the highest placing Delaware Wrestler does not qualify you for the triple crown.

This is a very exciting opportunity for all Delaware Junior League, Middle School, and Youth wrestlers. The Triple Crown, must be residents of Delaware or attend a Delaware School District School, and award winners will be notified at the conclusion of the Kids Scholastic State Championship and a list of Triple Crown Eligible Wrestlers from each leg will be continually tracked on the Smyrna Wrestling Website, www.smyrnawrestling.com. We are grateful to have strong support of the Delaware Wrestling Alliance, and all they do for the sport and our young athletes. Award winners will be invited to the DWA All State Banquet held annually at the conclusion of the High School Wrestling Season. Wrestling teaches many values to our youth athletes, and there’s no better way to promote those that excel in this area then by creating a prestigious award for these young athletes.

Please notify your team members, your wrestlers, and your parents. We truly do not want anyone to miss out on this opportunity.

Tournament forms can be found on www.SmyrnaWrestling.com and many other local / online avenues. Best of luck to you and your team, and please take the time to circulate this exciting opportunity for youth wrestlers in Delaware.

Questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to Jody Wilson, jwilson7283@comcast.net.

Thank you in advance and best of luck to you and your team.

Jody Wilson
302-242-8027
Jwilson7283@comcast.net

Great idea only issue that I see is there are some gaps in the weight classes among the three tournaments, it a shame that tournament directors couldn't use standardize weight classes for all three tournaments. Not a major deal but some kids might not get recognized.

Christ the Teacher is a Delaware School. Yes that would count as a Delaware School. I know wrestling, I don't pretend to know all the school districts. Check with your coach, who will reach out to me if there are questions.

Thanks,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT