ADVERTISEMENT

Early Individual state predictions

Thode has had a couple barn burner matches that were high scoring. Lost a 16-15 or 15-14 match at the Beast in quarters and won 11-10 at War on the Shore in semis after being down 7-0. Kid can score

Thode farm stronge tho.def can see it going back & forth
Thode has had a couple barn burner matches that were high scoring. Lost a 16-15 or 15-14 match at the Beast in quarters and won 11-10 at War on the Shore in semis after being down 7-0. Kid can score
You know as a freshmen facing mostly seniors in his class that placed in states you would think he would be intimidated. But hes not def has a lot of heart..def a fan of his. He goes out there to pin you asap.

I figured I might as well get in on this and put a lil upstate spin on it! I got a couple slight upsets.

106: Giampietro
113: Spence
120: Rayne
126: Poore
132: Saffold
138: Latch
145: Dean
152: Hall
160: O’Conner
170: Bell
182: Davis
195: Wright
220: Diaz
285: Schirmer

Reactions: Deboy21
106 Giampietro
113 Spence
120 Gray*
126 Poore
132 Griffith*
138 Natarcola*
145 Dean
152 Hall
160 O’Connor
170 Schneider
182 Davis
195 kid from Penn*
220 Harp
Hwt Hudson

North wins 8

Last edited:
106 Giampietro
113 Spence
120 Natarcola
126 Primo
132 caruso
138 Natarcola
145 Dean
152 Hall
160 O'Conner
170 Bell
182 Davis
195 Wright
220 Diaz
285 Hudson

I think 106, 113, 145, and 182 are locks.

Reactions: sportsguy725
Locks? There are no locks in wrestling that's why they wrestle. Anything can happen.

nobody has mentioned it, but 195 is stacked / wide open, whatever you want to call it. Legit contenders: Wilson, Arkwuoille, Ott, Wright, Schultz, Deshields, Bennett all from Henlopen alone. Bennett a finalist last year and may need an at large bid to make states. Saez is another kid who could upset someone. There's 8 from henlopen that I know of that have wreaked havoc with the opposition this year. Factor in Druett, Stradley from upstate just to name a few and I know theres probably a couple others.

Easy to say Wright because he's the #1 but wouldn't be surprised if its someone else.

nobody has mentioned it, but 195 is stacked / wide open, whatever you want to call it. Legit contenders: Wilson, Arkwuoille, Ott, Wright, Schultz, Deshields, Bennett all from Henlopen alone. Bennett a finalist last year and may need an at large bid to make states. Saez is another kid who could upset someone. There's 8 from henlopen that I know of that have wreaked havoc with the opposition this year. Factor in Druett, Stradley from upstate just to name a few and I know theres probably a couple others.

Easy to say Wright because he's the #1 but wouldn't be surprised if its someone else.
Agreed! That’s why my wildcard pick was Ott- any number of upsets will open up a path for any of those kids. I started going with Wilson but for some reason felt like throwing Ott in there

Totally agree. I think sam arkwuille is going 182 and saez /ott same team so only one at 195. Other probably at 220. 195 is wide open

Locks? There are no locks in wrestling that's why they wrestle. Anything can happen.
I get it, upsets happen. My post has no impact on what happens on the mat. Those just are the weight classes where I feel the number one guy has really distanced themselves from the rest of the pack.

Oh I totally understand where your coming from. If I had a dollar for everytime I seen a #1 get knocked off well I'd be a rich man.

106 Giampietro
113 Spence
120 Natarcola
126 Primo
132 caruso
138 Natarcola
145 Dean
152 Hall
160 O'Conner
170 Bell
182 Davis
195 Wright
220 Diaz
285 Hudson

I think 106, 113, 145, and 182 are locks.
I would say you are pretty dead on with the locks!

I would say you are pretty dead on with the locks!
I wouldn't say lock on 13 but other weights yeah. But nice predictions everyone. Anything can happen but i can't see anyone beatin Dean & 182 Davis at 160 i cant see know one beatin oconnor but like i said its states anything can happen.. Should be a awesome states this year

Last edited:
I got Gray. He’s got the mojo going. But yeah 120 seems to have the excitement factor going. 195 thru Hvy can go either way they always do. Some welter weights can go either way as well

The only reasons I’m an not going with higher ranked in the lighter weights is the age difference in the kids and muscle maturity as well as experience in a state tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leverage1991
Like i said before the weight classes im mostly excited for is 113 120 & 195.. Even 138

Yeah hammer when the brackets come out let’s do it. Winner gets a Southern Fried Chicken dinner, greens, Mac n Chee and cornbread and a 302 tee. Let’s do it Benny Barbarino

Last edited:
Has Giampietro wrested anyone this year. Just asking I don’t know. I know he is fresh but is this carry over from MS?

Last edited:
Obviously he is a 9tth and Poore is an 8th. One would have think there is a reason. Rec league results?

It’s a trend I see in the predictions in the younger weights you guys are picking the older kids. Not that your wrong yeah conventual wisdom says your right they should be stronger but what happens when technique matches strength? Just a question.

Last edited:
A
106 Giampietro to go with the crowd but Poore gonna test him
113 Spence but thode gonna test him
120 Gray rayne doesn’t have the stamina
126 Poore. Sr primo doesn’t have the moves to take the freshman but this is an upset alert
132 Caruso
138 Latch. Might be match of the day v Nat
145 Dean.
152 Hall. Gabe degraf may push but Hall is is National freestyle champ and Greco runner up. He has the moves and real strong for a fresh
160 O’ Connor. Yeah I get it’s delcastle but the kid can wrestle had no prob with Bernieri from CA or anyone else.
170. Schneider
182 Davis
195 Wilson. Because I love YJM. But if not Wilson I got Dreuitt
220 Seda. Ok that’s my heart pick but yeah Harp should take it
285 Diaz. I think Diaz avoids Harp And takes chances v Schirmer

Reactions: youjustme
A
106 Giampietro to go with the crowd but Poore gonna test him
113 Spence but thode gonna test him
120 Gray rayne doesn’t have the stamina
126 Poore. Sr primo doesn’t have the moves to take the freshman but this is an upset alert
132 Caruso
138 Latch. Might be match of the day v Nat
145 Dean.
152 Hall. Gabe degraf may push but Hall is is National freestyle champ and Greco runner up. He has the moves and real strong for a fresh
160 O’ Connor. Yeah I get it’s delcastle but the kid can wrestle had no prob with Bernieri from CA or anyone else.
170. Schneider
182 Davis
195 Wilson. Because I love YJM. But if not Wilson I got Dreuitt
220 Seda. Ok that’s my heart pick but yeah Harp should take it
285 Diaz. I think Diaz avoids Harp And takes chances v Schirmer
He beat poore i think 9-2 messick 6-5 down 5-0

Reactions: BackinBlack86
not trying to get political as I hate republicans as much as I do democrats both are sheep but Trump digging his feet in on this wall is ludicrous,, Yeah I get it he wants a monument to him when he is gone.. If he gets it there will be a huge party withinin 20 years bands and everything when they tear it down remember when they tore down the Berlin wall?. Hell if Hasselhoff is still alive he will be there lol whole thing is silly

Trump Wall, Trump Towers, Trump Taj Majal... all it is is a monument,,, all the clown wants is a legacy and the "wall" wont change any thing.. we havent been able to stop drugs coming into the country in any capacity since the drug wars of the 80s its a joke.. build the wall no one cares they will just find a way to go over, under or around it... collosal waste of money for a ego head to get a monument that will be torn down in the same century... Hell if anything I lean conservative at least on fiscal issues but damn this cry baby cant get my way act is embarasing
You take your meds today? Cmon man not on the wrestling forum

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT