ADVERTISEMENT

Final Four…

Caravel got shots last night, but none of them were going in. Woodbridge just ran up against a better team. So tomorrow it's the veterans from Sanford against the youth of Ursuline. Warriors won by 9 on Feb. 10. I'm hoping for a good one. Girls finals have gone overtime twice since 2018, and the two that ended in regulation were both decided by 2 points.

Caravel got shots last night, but none of them were going in. Woodbridge just ran up against a better team. So tomorrow it's the veterans from Sanford against the youth of Ursuline. Warriors won by 9 on Feb. 10. I'm hoping for a good one. Girls finals have gone overtime twice since 2018, and the two that ended in regulation were both decided by 2 points.
Caravel ran into a better team as well, you don't lose by 43 points in a semifinals game to a team that you are better than. That Sanford team is led by 2 1st Team All State players & Ursuline will have their hands full against their veteran leadership tonight.

Much respect to Zy Kilgoe specifically...she had been cruising through the regular season, but has stepped her game up in the playoffs on both ends of the floor. Sanford has been playing straight man to man defense & she has held St. George's point guard Samuels to 1 point in a 68-9 win, held A.I.'s All State point guard Trader to 0 pts in a 75-36 win (Trader had 33 points the previous tournament game) & held Caravel's All State point guard Wilson to 5 points in that 63-20 win.

Caravel ran into a better team as well, you don't lose by 43 points in a semifinals game to a team that you are better than. That Sanford team is led by 2 1st Team All State players & Ursuline will have their hands full against their veteran leadership tonight.

Much respect to Zy Kilgoe specifically...she had been cruising through the regular season, but has stepped her game up in the playoffs on both ends of the floor. Sanford has been playing straight man to man defense & she has held St. George's point guard Samuels to 1 point in a 68-9 win, held A.I.'s All State point guard Trader to 0 pts in a 75-36 win (Trader had 33 points the previous tournament game) & held Caravel's All State point guard Wilson to 5 points in that 63-20 win.
They played good team defense. She didn’t do it alone. Looked like their defense changed up for the playoffs. Tyler Edwards was a big help in that defensive scheme. But thst team defense was something different. And don’t leave out Dallas Pierce, she’s been consistent all year. They made a team effort scoring in the playoffs but she can score at will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT