ADVERTISEMENT

First big saturday

BlueHen24

Towel boy
May 4, 2007
Let's stop all the talk about mediocre teams and focus on the real teams in delaware with a chance to win a title...

Cape v Bwine
I think Cape wins big but Bwine looks much improved

CR v Sals
CR looks poised for the upset but Sals is Sals so wouldn't be surprised to see a blow out win by Sals

Thill v StA
Sta needs to win these games to make playoffs but hillers are loaded this year
This post was edited on 4/2 3:37 PM by BlueHen24

What does having money to send your kid to a private school have to do with what the previous poster said in his predictions. He was merely predicting games that included the top teams in the state. Three of the schools mentioned were private and three public. Come on Joe the Plumber can't we just admit a team is good or bad and stop trying to label them.

yo dad...relax....he aint talkin bout ur bank balance he talkin bout ur game

besides his name is bluehen24......get it BLUEHEN24...not blueblood24

bwine took a beatin.....a BAD one!!!
laugh.gif

sallies won big... 18-5 or close to that. think cr only scored 1 goal when all men were even. blundin is a problem.

What the hell was that newarkdad writing about? Anyway Sals cruised over CR. That crazy thing is about Sallies lax is Blundin might be the third maybe fourth best offenseive player on the team and he is really good, that number 4 kid is one of the best attackman I have seen in a while and that Sals has two other kids a midfeilder who is unreal and one other player Grahmn or something that was also all over the place when he was in. Also defensively Kilpatrick overshadows those other two poles, the one is really fast and athletic and #50 is just solid. They are going to be a handful for anyone in state. Good Luck Tower Hill or Archmere..you might need obi-wan for this one.

i love how when the topic of skill comes up, someone always has to throw in their two cents about how money makes the player. money has VERY LITTLE to do with how well an athlete performs. it does not cost money to run, lift, hit a wall, or work on dodges. There are several instructional series on youtube for those looking for actual training in terms of particular skillsets ie. dodging, shooting, offensive/defensive sets. it is ALL about how much it matters to a potential laxer. if they want it, they will find a way to get it, regardless of money.

part two of TH vs. St. A. game has been removed
This post was edited on 4/3 9:51 PM by laxative

Part Three of TH vs. St.A. game has been removed
This post was edited on 4/3 9:50 PM by laxative

Sallies dosen't recruit players. People who come on here and state and believe this are misinformed. Sallies dosen't even extend kids to the WINGS or BYC so how do they recuit? Name one kid, one kid who was recruited to go to Sallies to play lacrosse. Kids want to go to Sallies to play for Healy end of the discussion. Kids want to win state championships, play against Malvern Prep and Wooster.

Money does play a part in lacrosse...lets face it going to camps..playing on travel teams all cost a good deal of $$$. There is only so much you can do on your own to get better be the best athlete you can be...but the best way to become a better player is to play and play against players better then you to push you...no amount of wall ball is going to do that.

Note I said Money plays a part not whole...

"Money Changes Everything" was a pretty good song though.
This post was edited on 4/4 12:20 PM by laxative

i will concede to the point that maybe money might buy better equipment, and maybe open up a few more options in terms of advanced play, but there are many alternatives to spending hundreds of dollars on camps and teams. for instance, instead of spending 900$ on a travel team, why not spend 80$ to play on the YMCA's summer league teams? sure you maybe arent getting the top competition to play against, but its still an option for those who are financially challenged. As for laxative's comment, i happen to be in one of those situations, playing on trash fields with mediocre equipment...i never took a "holier than thou" stance as you have assumed. However, instead of complaining about it, or creating fallacies such as "out of state recruiting" i just work with what i have. It's frustrating to see people complain about something they claim they have no power over, when in reality, they just need a better work ethic.

The bottom line is you do know one kid who was recruited there and I will go as far as to call you a liar or a fabricator unless you post the names. It does not happen, none of the privates recruit. I want one kid who was recruited to Sallies or Tower Hill to come on here and say you were recruited. PLEASE. How do people still believe this nonsense? Do you think DuPont hangs around the BYC or Wings practices and convinces kids to go to Tower Hill to play lacrosse? You sound like a jealous hatin' moron. When you say this recruiting stuff you deserve to get hammered because you are basically calling kids, coaches, parents all cheaters.

im pretty sure DIAA has measures to prevent recruiting for ANY highschool sports, boys or girls. Look at what happened to Red Lion's football program.

Honestly, if you take a look at Red Lion and Sanfords squads for multiple sports, you can't tell yourself theres no recruiting in High School Sports. Then again with Sallies lacrosse they have a reputation that might attract ambitious talented players.

You are saying they recruit...which would be against the rules..which would be cheating...On another note your a parent on the internet calling people an idiot??? I believe I saw another post from you calling people idiots as well..I could be mixing that up though...I'm not going back looking for it. I hope you don't talk to your kids like that...It would do wonders for their self esteem.

you are an idiot tho. but the real dhead here is the person who started this post talking about the "real teams" what since my sons teams doesnt have the talent of a sallies , then their not a real team? thats so disrespectful to say that when they put in hours of hard pactice

No disrespect but I think lacrosse fans of Delaware would rather talk about the teams who have a chance at the title and this isn't youth ball where everyone gets a trophy so stop telling me how hard your son works you act like the kids at the top schools don't work at all, maybe you should go to a sallies, cape, or tower hill practice and see how hard they work to get where they are

Everyone is putting in hours of hard practice.

If you reread the original post...Please scroll up and do so now...I'll wait...go ahead...

He stated "Let's stop all the talk about mediocre teams and focus on the real teams in Delaware with a chance to win a title..." He is stating that he would like a thread about teams with a real chance at winning a state title. That's how I read it. Maybe the wording could have been different such as teams with a real chance at winning the state title..but either way...that was the point I believe he was trying to make.

Additionally, to speak about disrespect, I haven't seen many posters more disrespectful then you Newark Dad...and as an "Adult" I would expect better.

Have a nice day and good luck to your team this season.

I don't think anybody believes that teams like Sallies, Cape, Tower Hill, Archmere, Friends etc dont' work hard. I think they worker harder than most its just that they also have more talent than most other teams. I just think that a lot of folks like Newark Dad that read this board get a little tired of being told that every post that does not concern those above teams is not worthwhile because it concerns a team that will not win a State Championship. This is a Preps Lax board after all. If someone wants to discuss Delmarva Christian lacrosse(extreme example) they should be able to without getting blasted by the "lacrosse elites" that seem to dominate this message board.If something is posted about a team that you don't care about just skip over it without chiming in that nobody cares or comments like we should only care about teams that matter. There are believe it or not people out there that do care about teams other than Sallies, Tower Hill, Cape etc. Thanks for letting ne vent!

I have no issue talking about any and all programs that I have an opinion on...thats what a message board is really. However when someone resorts to name calling and complete disrespect..I'll call them out. You have to give respect to get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT