ADVERTISEMENT

FNL score and commentary 10/13

A little sad to see Penn in the state it is in. A school with a great heritage with couches like Billy Cole and Bruce Reynolds. They won it all in 2014. After that, nothing. Same Thing goes for Newark.
Very sad. Newark is less than 1/2 the size it was…Russell is actually doing a decent job. CSD needs to consolidate some HSs.
I don’t understand Wm Penn.

Very sad. Newark is less than 1/2 the size it was…Russell is actually doing a decent job. CSD needs to consolidate some HSs.
Bum; I'm wondering in the case of Penn if the newer VO-Techs are siphoning off some would be players.

Based on Dovetail's age, new is a relative term. Yet, he is correct all the way around. Colonial is huge district. All 4 NCC vo techs are getting a fair share of the 19720 HS age kids......

Based on Dovetail's age, new is a relative term. Yet, he is correct all the way around. Colonial is huge district. All 4 NCC vo techs are getting a fair share of the 19720 HS age kids......
Fair point. I'm still amazed there's one small strip of Northside that still belongs to the Colonial, but probably not as many of those kids as before are going to Penn.

Don't forget schools like caravel, st. e's , sallies, red lion.... The list goes on
The school district doesn't provide the best education or (I should say) an academic background that parents are willing to accept. Furthermore, school choice is a killer. On top of the vo-techs, how many schools does an individual have to chose from if they don't want to go to Penn?

It doesn’t help that 3 of the best players in their district are attending Mtown. Two of them start varsity and the younger brother of one of them plays JV. I miss the old days of you play where you live. (Wayyyyy back when) Look at McKean, they are struggling this year after their QB miraculously left for Newark after being coached by some of their staff in 7v7 and their best RB left for WP. Sallies would be nothing without a transfer RB. CR had Tyron Abrams, and John Parker in their middle school and they went to Dover after playing for Quan Harris on the Stallions and he was an assistant coach with Dover. Evan Buttinger of Red Lion, Rashon Lamons of Tatnall, Andrew Ransome of Sallies and Mike Stevenson of Dover all live in Smyrna. DEHS would look very different if you played where you live.

Reactions: 84rider
It doesn’t help that 3 of the best players in their district are attending Mtown. Two of them start varsity and the younger brother of one of them plays JV. I miss the old days of you play where you live. (Wayyyyy back when) Look at McKean, they are struggling this year after their QB miraculously left for Newark after being coached by some of their staff in 7v7 and their best RB left for WP. Sallies would be nothing without a transfer RB. CR had Tyron Abrams, and John Parker in their middle school and they went to Dover after playing for Quan Harris on the Stallions and he was an assistant coach with Dover. Evan Buttinger of Red Lion, Rashon Lamons of Tatnall, Andrew Ransome of Sallies and Mike Stevenson of Dover all live in Smyrna. DEHS would look very different if you played where you live.
"Sallies would be nothing without a transfer RB."
I assume you are referring to Alleyne. He did in fact transfer back to a school he originally attended. Why transfer? Maybe he did not like the military aspect of the school or more importantly, maybe he didn't like losing.

I assume you are referring to Alleyne. He did in fact transfer back to a school he originally attended. Why transfer? Maybe he did not like the military aspect of the school or more importantly, maybe he didn't like losing.
I guess the non military aspect didn’t help in the spring when he was kicked off the rugby team right before the championship…or the 40 days of school missed between both schools last year that was shown by mistake attached to the DIAA agenda. DMA/Sals the pillar of integrity. One hides behind military and the other hides behind religion.

I meant McKean RB went to RL not WP

4-2 with their only 2 losses to D3 teams.

I'm not sure why there remains so much hate for Red Lion still. The old Red Lion that everybody loved to hate has been gone for 10 years.
I don’t think it has anything to do with the old RL. It’s been a sh^t show there in the last year. You had the team last year locking the gates at STM so players and coaches couldn’t get in….This year you had the kid at 7v7 who was shot about a week prior standing on the bench showing the crowd his gun shot wounds….you had a kid that was smoking a blunt in the parking lot who flicked what was left at a opponents parents car as it passed the bus….not to mention the coach who spits chew all over the field looking like a DE version of Kenny Powers with his cut off Jean shorts and cowboy boots.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the old RL. It’s been a sh^t show there in the last year. You had the team last year locking the gates at STM so players and coaches couldn’t get in….This year you had the kid at 7v7 who was shot about a week prior standing on the bench showing the crowd his gun shot wounds….you had a kid that was smoking a blunt in the parking lot who flicked what was left at a opponents parents car as it passed the bus….not to mention the coach who spits chew all over the field looking like a DE version of Kenny Powers with his cut off Jean shorts and cowboy boots.
The closing the gate last year was in response to an Instagram post by a St. Marks player saying something to effect of "fvck your moms" to the red lion players a day or two prior to that game.

I have no knowledge of any of our players getting shot last summer, or anytime. In fact, I've checked and this is patently false.

The blunt thing, never heard about it. What game was this?

Kenny Powers, our defensive coordinator, sorry you don't like how he dresses. However, the players absolutely love him and his defense is only giving up 12.6 points per game. BTW - he does not wear cutoffs to our games.

You can talk about sh!t shows all you want, but Red Lion has no issues, incidents at their games and does not require fans to walk though a metal detector.

William Penn also lost Markell Holman to Smyrna last season after he had a great junior year for them.
And their QB to Sallies and now Smyrna.
The closing the gate last year was in response to an Instagram post by a St. Marks player saying something to effect of "fvck your moms" to the red lion players a day or two prior to that game.

I have no knowledge of any of our players getting shot last summer, or anytime. In fact, I've checked and this is patently false.

The blunt thing, never heard about it. What game was this?

Kenny Powers, our defensive coordinator, sorry you don't like how he dresses. However, the players absolutely love him and his defense is only giving up 12.6 points per game. BTW - he does not wear cutoffs to our games.

You can talk about sh!t shows all you want, but Red Lion has no issues, incidents at their games and does not require fans to walk though a metal detector.
Blunt was 7v7 vs Appo or STM. There were a couple games that night and it was after one of them. I was there for the Appo/STM

Kenny Powers D looks fantastic vs Glasgow, Concord and LF……What about Cape and STM? Good for him finally getting out from under Dave Currans ass in MOT.

Maybe he wasn’t a player but he was definitely in your sideline and bench area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT