ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Week 3

LIGHTEN-UP..png

Reactions: EJS313
Attention All Shoppers!!! "Judgement Day" has been moved to next week.

dove, Bummy got this one wrong. As I have said, the next 4 consecutive road games will be a daunting challenge for the youngins.
"Judgement" Day may not come until the last game of the year, when the clones are on track to lose to D2 St. Marks at home. A true lesson in humility that will be.
That will send old clones to the emergency room with chest pains.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
dove, Bummy got this one wrong. As I have said, the next 4 consecutive road games will be a daunting challenge for the youngins.
"Judgement" Day may not come until the last game of the year, when the clones are on track to lose to D2 St. Marks at home. A true lesson in humility that will be.

Uncle Bummy; I can't predict how the season will turn out for the Broom Streeters but I can tell you the "young-ins" are big. That bunch came from one of the best freshmen teams in recent years. I do hope your adopted alma mater returns to the stage after two uninspiring seasons. Delaware H.S football in general has really declined quality wise in the past few seasons. Everybody seems to be down. The Middletown Giant this year would only be in the Top 3 or 4 a few years back. Women and lawyers are killing football, especially at the Prep level. Just my two cents.

ikey, rumors of my dislike for Milford are grossly exaggerated. How could you dislike a town whose municipal boundaries are in 2 counties? There is something mystical about the Murderkill River. I yearn to be baptized in its muddy waters.

Milford did something that I will never forget. Back in the day (1971) when they won the state basketball title they constructed like a 25 foot billboard in front of then current High School. It was a huge basketball player holding a basketball and wearing a crown.

Back then you had to drive past it on your way to Rehoboth. It was painful for Wilmington boys to drive past.

https://www.sussexcountyonline.com/news/sports/archives/boyshoopstatechamps.html

Milford is divided by the Mispillion River NOT the Murderkill River which is in Felton .... Mispillion River Brewery in Milford - great beer by the way

Milford is divided by the Mispillion River NOT the Murderkill River which is in Felton .... Mispillion River Brewery in Milford - great beer by the way

Bummy, with a rare geographic error. I stand corrected. Now, unsure where the Baptism will take place. Maybe , it will be in Ikey's backyard....or should we do it in St. Jones River?

just FYI... no game for FSMA next week.. only 9 game schedule so were gonna have to wait until they play St Andrews 10/5 to jump back on that train

St. Andrew's, then North East of Cecil County, then Charter. FSMA could be 5-1 or 6-0 heading into what we should call the first "Battle of the Militaries" when DMA visits their temporary home field.

Is that a typo? I hope so.
I spoke to the Grandfather of a Laurel player. Washington turned the ball over the first three times they touched it. It was 40-0 five minutes into the game. Laurel starters played only the first quarter and Laurel JV played the entire second half.

It really sucks the starters prepare all week to play a damn quarter. Laurel needs to schedule better. Just saying. JV exsists for a reason

It really sucks the starters prepare all week to play a damn quarter. Laurel needs to schedule better. Just saying. JV exsists for a reason
Last year was a closer game between Laurel and Washington. It suck you sign aleast a 2 contract to play. I heard that the contract was discussed last year after the game and it was decided last year that it would not be renewed. Also heard Laurel started rotating players after the second touchdown. We will se what Laurel is made of next week when Woodbridge goes down to Laurel.....

This is going to be an interesting season from start to finish because while there seems to be clear favorites in D1 and D2, you still have some very talented teams hanging around and taking care of business. The champs for both levels might be a team we're not talking about enough or talking about at all. Lot of intrigue so far and we're not quite a quarter of the way through the schedule (counting playoffs).

St Marks and Dover are my two dark horses

This is weird

Too many people around the outskirts of the Dunbar-Mervo game. No clear path of an emergency exit arose.] City fire marshal shuts down the game. It may resume tomorrow or Monday

So police and fire marshall used that as an excuse to end the game and disperse the crowd.. Truth is a couple of fights broke out and it became a very volatile situation WTF is wrong with people? Baltimore City is a real problem Damn its a kids game and folks cant control themselves for a couple of hours?

Game will resume Monday after school with no fans allowed,, Awesome good folks cant watch their kids play because of a bunch of noodle heads who probably don't have any skin in the game

You have to question MERVO as this is their second incident this year with what went on at Willy Penn

I havent heard that but it wouldnt shock me.. There is big money being bet on BCity HS games all gang related.

ikey, rumors of my dislike for Milford are grossly exaggerated. How could you dislike a town whose municipal boundaries are in 2 counties? There is something mystical about the Murderkill River. I yearn to be baptized in its muddy waters.

Milford did something that I will never forget. Back in the day (1971) when they won the state basketball title they constructed like a 25 foot billboard in front of then current High School. It was a huge basketball player holding a basketball and wearing a crown.

Back then you had to drive past it on your way to Rehoboth. It was painful for Wilmington boys to drive past.

https://www.sussexcountyonline.com/news/sports/archives/boyshoopstatechamps.html
I had a chance to meet the 89 team last year when they had a reunion. Almost to a man, they have been very successful in life. Didn't know about that billboard back in 71, sounds pretty cool. Remember, there is always a chair for you at the Tavern.

https://milfordlive.com/2017/01/15/1989-hoops-team-takes-trip-down-memory-lane/

They started shooting, that's the main reason.

No one shot it was they stopped letting folks in and it got rowdy in the parking lot with folks hanging that couldn't get in.. The fights were girls going at it

Dont mess with no baby mama

I had a chance to meet the 89 team last year when they had a reunion. Almost to a man, they have been very successful in life. Didn't know about that billboard back in 71, sounds pretty cool. Remember, there is always a chair for you at the Tavern.

https://milfordlive.com/2017/01/15/1989-hoops-team-takes-trip-down-memory-lane/

That ‘89 Team was a great team full of great players ... lost in semi’s to St Marks (what a great game that was) who went on to win the ‘ship that year.

Haven’t heard. Any word on how did Sallies handle their first daunting challenge at Urbana last night?

really UD? Urbana sucks and everyone knows it. The fact you still take the bummy serious is hilarious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT