ADVERTISEMENT

Forfeits abound

As I have said before, people seem to forget that the door swings both ways when it come to Smyrna. Plenty of Smyrna grown talent has ended up on other rosters.

@1st...
I think all he is saying is Middletown gave Smyrna 2 State Champs....
Kurt should at least send Cliff a Christmas card!...

@1st...
I think all he is saying is Middletown gave Smyrna 2 State Champs....
Kurt should at least send Cliff a Christmas card!...
Lol! Funny Spartacus! Upstate we lose kids to privates and charters, while downstate it's transfers. Let's be honest, Smyrna isn't the only top program with transfers or kids who choiced. Everyone complained when it was St Marks on top because "they could draw from four states", then it D2 it was Caravel and Sanford everyone bitched about, years back it was SC who had transfers so everyone complained and now it's Smyrna. When you're on top everyone wants to attack your program. Trust me, as a public school coach I wish everyone went where their feeder sends them (although I'd also lose some good kids), but thats just not a reality of today's school systems. People want their kids on top teams, in private schools or schools that better suit their academic needs. Appo is a team that would have a very good team if all of the kids who are supposed to go there did, but for whatever reason they lose a lot of kids to other schools.

Explain Poly, doesn't everyone of their kids come from somewhere else?
Admission to Polytech became lottery based quite a few years ago now and there is no option to school choice unlike other districts. They may have interest from experienced middle school wrestlers but unless they get in with the lottery- they don't get in. They're recruiting from the hallways and have a lot of first year wrestlers on their team.

You people really don't think programs suffer due to transfers. I'm sure we could produce a pretty accomplished list of wrestlers who left down here for Central, Tech, Milford and CR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT