ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Scores

I wasn't impressed by sallies. The defense was good and the kicker is awesome. Sallies is very beatable though. Dover was bad for almost 3 quarters of the game and they had a chance to win in the 4th. Dover looks to have digressed from earlier in the season. If the Sals want to go deep in the playoffs they'll have to play much better than tonight.

Reactions: 9525

@BradMyersTNJ

Week 9 #delhs scores Middletown 42, Sus. Cent. 16 Sallies 18, Dover 16 Smyrna 52, Appo 12 Caravel 42, Milford 0 SG 28, Cape 19 Odessa 14, Seaford 7 RLCA 61, W'bridge 16 FSMA 28, ECHS 14 Lake 49, Delmar 7 Laurel 56, IR 14 Tower Hill 50, Penn. 8 SM 48, McKean 13 Conr. 26, Delc. 20

Thanks @84rider @DaDude01 @fanoffootball123 and others for carrying the baton last night. Ole BiB is camping at the seashore (got here Thursday) taking in this great weekend of weather. I had a plan yesterday where the Mrs BiB was picking up the crabs I had preordered from The Crab Connect guy in Lewes at 3:30 on her way down. So I am prepared to tear some crabs up at 4 ish and then get set up for the games.

Well I get a text at 3:45 from the Mrs that she is at the place to get the crabs and no one is there. A sign saying had to step out a minute call this number. SO I called the number a couple times and sent a text.. no answer.. hmm.. SO to make a long story short I was not giving up on my crab feast at this point and started calling around shopping for a price I could stomach. Ended up with some deal on a half bushel of mixed. (Mickey's in Bethany) SO my crab feasting began at 6:30 not 4 like I intended. Like any mixed half bushel some were good and some were shit,,, Tossed about a half dozen dogs..ate a few I wished I didn't lol

Upon finishing said feast and cleaning up the mess all the games had already begun. So I fired up the MT v Central and Central had already dug themselves a hole. SO I said to myself. Well I will just lay down here for just a second then I will get up and get my high school football command center set up. Next thing I knew it was 2am and I had to get up to pee..lol

ps.. I did end up getting a text from the Crab Connection guy at 5:30 pm that he was just getting off the commercial crab boat and I could come get the crabs if I wanted..and he apologized.. That's nice..

Last edited:
IMG 96
West Toronto Prep 0

Game called at halftime

That same team cancelled on St Frances a couple weeks ago because they didn't have enough players to make the trip and play. The only one of those Canadian Academy teams worth a damn is Clarkson North and they still get routinely beat by the US squads. West Toronto Prep is Canada's version of Bishop Sycamore lol

I thought Dover had some of the best talent in the State?

the three guys Cosme, Kilby and Parker are all still great players. As @fanoffootball123 posted they seem to have digressed, that and or maybe they are just playing teams with better coaching lately. Their offense has been difficult to watch at times. They take way too much time between plays and half the time look unsure of even where to line up. There is no sense of urgency or flow with them right now. They make some great plays but can't pick up the tempo and put the defense in conflict and on their heals. They seem to almost lollygag between plays.. ughh.. shame too because they do indeed have talent and size. Line is big but soft.IMO Surprising they play like this with Coach Knapp at the helm of course I don't know much about Coach Knapp other than he was a long time assistant (OC) at Wesley who took over after Coach Drass passed. Did the QB come to get the plays from the sideline at Wesley? just curious

Last edited:
I wasn't impressed by sallies. The defense was good and the kicker is awesome. Sallies is very beatable though. Dover was bad for almost 3 quarters of the game and they had a chance to win in the 4th. Dover looks to have digressed from earlier in the season. If the Sals want to go deep in the playoffs they'll have to play much better than tonight.
Agreed… in a evenly matched game, Sallies kicker (3 FG’s) and punter (changing field positions and pinning Dover inside the one - setting up the safety) are game changers..

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Wood, 123, 9525, and Rider have all weighed in on the Sals- Senators game. I actually was there. Before I make my rather mundane comments, let me say:

Dover's Band is awesome. They came on like 700 PM and did an Earth, Wind and Fire Tribute. Great energy, great music. Even some of the old Sallies alums threw down their canes and started to dance.

Now back to the game.

The game was beyond strange. Yes, the Big S was slightly better but the preppies are a little undisciplined for this boomer. There were more than a few stupid penalties including unsportsmanlike stuff. (The Catholic school boy clones are supposed to be disciplined.)

Yes, their PK is tops; 3 FG' & 1 PAT. Of course, what made the game dramatic was BDN having the PK try a 49 yard FG that backfired, got blocked and returned by Dover for the tying touchdown. A 49 yard FG? Hey, this is DE HS FB.

Enough. I am starting to get confused.

PS. Bib's crab story opened up the door for a Dover band story.

Last edited:
Agreed… in a evenly matched game, Sallies kicker (3 FG’s) and punter (changing field positions and pinning Dover inside the one - setting up the safety) are game changers..
I agree also. For the life of me I can't figure out why Sals don't run more RPO. I have only seen it run once and it worked beautifully against HVT. They need to run Ransome a lot more. Young man is a load to bring down. UD needs a PK badly. Much as I like, it won't be Collins. Will DiNardo finally retire this year?

the three guys Cosme, Kilby and Parker are all still great players. As @fanoffootball123 posted they seem to have digressed, that and or maybe they are just playing teams with better coaching lately. Their offense has been difficult to watch at times. They take way too much time between plays and half the time look unsure of even where to line up. There is no sense of urgency or flow with them right now. They make some great plays but can't pick up the tempo and put the defense in conflict and on their heals. They seem to almost lollygag between plays.. ughh.. shame too because they do indeed have talent and size. Line is big but soft.IMO Surprising they play like this with Coach Knapp at the helm of course I don't know much about Coach Knapp other than he was a long time assistant (OC) at Wesley who took over after Coach Drass passed. Did the QB come to get the plays from the sideline at Wesley? just curious

What was your price for the half bushel? Curious to see what the rate is down there in lewes compared to up around here

What was your price for the half bushel? Curious to see what the rate is down there in lewes compared to up around here
145 mixed about a dozen were trash. That was Mickeys in Bethany

The deal I had with the CRAB CONNECT guy was 2 doz for 100 #1s. And 30 buck for 2 lbs jumbo shrimp all steamed up.

Meddings price on Wednesday was 50 a doz #1s. But it probably goes up on the weekends.

The crab game is a bit of a racket. Definitely have to shop around. The crabs get better the closer you get to OC inlet

Last edited:
I can vaguely remember it was said that
Middletown wasn’t going to do anything this year, and after a loss to Sallies it was a big thing about posters giving credit to the poster who predicted it would happen! Then said poster triples down with Central would’ve beat them as well. Point is it Delaware football and it’s more evenly contested than some believe. Middletown with one instate loss, not bad for not goi g to do anything! Now I do believe Smyrna looks the best and most complete at the moment, the Sals looked great for a game against Mtown, and a half against Smyrna,so they are right there as well. Central and Dover are a consistent game away from being a thorn in someone’s …… so let’s enjoy the playoff season that’s coming.

Can Caesar Rodney get their first win today? Currently leads William Penn at home 8-6

Also….WILLIAM PENN….what happened to you? You got like 8 people in the stands?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT