ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES TODAY - THURS MAY 15 2014

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
A lot of games, not a lot of big matchups today...but there are some interesting implications from today's games...

#13 MT P (12-3) @ #5 Sussex Tech (13-4). Despite Mt P's record, they aren't a lock for the playoffs. They have 3 games remaining (Tech,St E, Appo) and as i see it must win 2 of the 3 to get in. Sussex Tech should be a lock to get in the playoffs and a win here in their last game probably gets them a home game but a loss might put them on the road.

#20 Tower Hill (11-5) @ #8 Archmere (15-2). Both these teams are already in the playoffs with their conference championship auto bids. Archmere is currently #3 in playoff pts with about 12 potential bonus pts still to pick up. A win might just lock up a top 3 seed. The interesting thing about Tower HIll is that they have 11 wins and two games remaining (Arch & Charter). If TH wins one of those games, 3 additional bonus pts each go to Tatnall and Sanford. Those critical 3 pts each could put Tatnall and Sanford very close to sneaking into the playoffs. Keep in mind that Tatnall and Sanford also have 11 wins which means if Tatnall and Sanford win 1 of their final games, they will in turn rain down another 3 pts to each other. I call this the independent conference playoff points rain shower. It could be the perfect storm. 3 independent teams with 12 wins each who play each other 3 times awarding each other 18 bonus pts EACH.

Glasgow @ Brandywine. Interesting for teams that played Glasgow. If Glasgow wins its last two games (Bwine & Christiana), Glasgow will get to 9 wins and award an unexpected bonus point to every one it played. Teams will miss the playoffs by 1 pt, so each point is critical.

Appo (7-9) @ #18 Concord (8-6). Appo can also get to 9 wins if they beat Concord and Mt P. If they do, Appo has a very slight glimmer of hope because they also have a lot of bonus pts on the table right now. Concord has 4 winnable games remaining (Appo,WilmChr, WmP & Bwine). If they win all 4 i think they get in. It will be close. IF they win 3 they will have a slight shot.

WmPenn (8-7) @ Howard. WmP has three winnable games (Howard, DMA, Concord). Even if they win all three i think they will be a couple of points short. But you never know. Either way Penn improved from 3-15 last year to possibly over .500 this year.

#2 A.I (12-4) @ Tatnall (11-6). A.I. has lost 2 straight games. A.I. should have enough pts to get in the playoffs, even if they lose to Tatnall and Conrad to finish the season. Of course its not the way they would want to finish the year and end up with an away game. A win by Tatnall in their final game and wins by TH & Sanford could be enough to get Tatnall in.

Sanford (11-4) @ #10 Sallies (10-6). Sanford is on the outside looking in to the playoffs right now. But they have 3 games remaining (Sallies, Friends & St Andrews). If Sanford beats Sallies and wins their last two games like they should AND Tower Hll gets to 12 wins which is likely, Sanford would have 52 pts and would be right there on the bubble to get in the playoffs. Now keep in mind that if Tatnall upsets A.I., Sanford would then get 3 more bonus pts which should definetely get them in. Sallies have two winnable games remaining, Sanford and IR. If Sallies somehow loses both they could be in danger. I think they still get in by the skin of their teet though even if they lose out. But it would be close. In saying that, i think 1 win puts them in for sure.

Charter (7-7) @ #14 St Georges (12-5). I feel like Charter is a team that just needs to be put out of its misery. After starting 6-1, they have gone 1-6 since then. I thought they were completely done, but somehow 10 run Mtown (another team that needs to be put out of its misery). Charter only has 29 pts playoff pts right now. But they have 4 games remaining and 17 bonus pts sitting on the table. Quick math tells me that they aren't out of it yet. They have St G, Tower Hill, Dover & Hodgson on their schedule though. Charter is 1-5 against ranked teams and now must beat 4 of them to get in the playoffs. St Georges isn't a lock to get in. This is their final game and i have them with 45 pts earned and 9 bonus pts on the table. I think a loss by St Georges could have them dangling by a thread. A win probably gets them in.

#4 Dover (12-3) @ Christiana (2-13). Dover plays Christiana, Charter and Seaford to end the season. If Dover loses out, things could get a little tight for them. I think 1 win would ensure them getting in the playoffs. Winning their last 3 should get them a home game. Christiana was an 8-9 team last year. Wow.

Nice work!

If Dover loses to Christiana 8Yaz says he will streak during the semis at Frawley in the outfield!

Oldtimer22...you might be pleasantly surprised if christiana wins because if i'm not mistaken 8YAZ is a female...GO VIKES..

On a more serious note...If Rowe pitches for Christiana it might be a little closer than you might expect. He is a good pitcher but i understand him to have some arm trouble this year. He would be a welcome starter on most rosters in the state. Unfortunately even if he pitches there will be a lost of "inexperience" behind him.

8YAZ is not female.

It won't matter who pitches for Christiana. Only way this is close is if Dover does not take it seriously.

Sallies beats Sanford 8-3.

AI over Tatnall 2-0.

This post was edited on 5/15 8:14 PM by pksundevil

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT