ADVERTISEMENT

Harford CC vs Wilmington Baseball Scrimmage - DATE CHANGE to 10/27

TouchThemAll

moving up to Varsity
Mar 6, 2012
Doubleheader at Wilson Field starting at ...

Changed to Friday 10/27 at 1:00pm.

Last edited:
HCC had 90+ tryout, 66 still on roster fighting for 30 Spring roster spots. Eight catchers, 20 RHP and 8 LHPs in the hunt. Competition is a beautiful thing.

2017 Colin Adams, Caravel.
2017 Alex Barker, Caravel.
2017 Josh Wright, Appo.

Last edited:
Holy crap! HCC is serious about baseball these days.. I remember when they just used to be Harford County kids..

Ranked in top-20 JUCO baseball in nation last two years (#18 and #10). Won 80% of games over last five and 70% over last ten (if I remember correctly).

Spring roster set by Nov 2nd.

Ranked in top-20 JUCO baseball in nation last two years (#18 and #10). Won 80% of games over last five and 70% over last ten (if I remember correctly).

Spring roster set by Nov 2nd.

Seems the DE boys got their work cut out for them.. I looked a HCC roster last year and they have kids from all over the place. Where do the kids stay? What tuition do they pay obviously HC kids go there on the cheap.. I dont ever remember out of county or state kids going there.. How does that work? Like the JUCO football teams in NY or CA I suppose?

Some share apts with other player/prospects, some commute.

Someone tweeted, half tongue in cheek, they could have filmed "Last Chance U", last year following HCC's baseball team.

At least one, maybe more former/future HCC players, played in Delaware Semi-Pro league this summer.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Some share apts with other player/prospects, some commute.

Someone tweeted, half tongue in cheek, they could have filmed "Last Chance U", last year following HCC's baseball team.

At least one, maybe more former/future HCC players, played in Delaware Semi-Pro league this summer.
I played semi pro at HCC complex for many years and the teams were made up from many HCC kids as well as ECC kids(Essex Community College) and DDCU kids (Dundalk Community College kids also CCC (Cecil County community College) Kids,, but mostly the teams were from kids or adults at that point from their high schools in their county

I’ve been considering rotator surgery which I need but have talked to several guys who say they wish they never had it done, what’s your feelings on the surgery....I can take 800 ibuprofen and play 18 holes but I’m done after that for 2-3 days, used to play in some tournaments and play 36 easily.

I’ve been considering rotator surgery which I need but have talked to several guys who say they wish they never had it done, what’s your feelings on the surgery....I can take 800 ibuprofen and play 18 holes but I’m done after that for 2-3 days, used to play in some tournaments and play 36 easily.

I wish I did.. Tore my left twice and right once..As I am getting older (turned 50 last week) Starting to feel Uncle Arthur setting in.. Can't play golf.. The first time I ground the club game over

Had the rotator cuff surgery a while back. So glad I did. Feels much better. I can't throw a football 60 yards anymore but for a pencil pusher like I am now, I feel great. I still ump baseball and ref wrestling so my shoulder is holding up.

Reactions: 84rider
Finally some good news ref rotator surgery, glad it worked out, when i cant swing the clubs anymore i may consider it, how long was your recovery

Finally some good news ref rotator surgery, glad it worked out, when i cant swing the clubs anymore i may consider it, how long was your recovery
maybe four weeks with a couple months of weekly therapy. It was pretty seamless. Wife got tired of my yelping every time I reached for something. I had Dr. Mesa from up near Christiana Hospital.

Doubleheader is now 1:00pm Friday (Oct 27) at WilmU field, behind Price Toyota, New Castle, DE.

HCC 9, WilmU 2.
HCC 4, WilmU 2.

Looking forward to HCC roster finalizing this week (11/2).

Practice started up Jan 10th, and classes the 22nd. They had an inter squad game last Sat. Unclear how many are still practicing, will redshirt, or make the roster. I think down to 30-35 total before first doubleheader Feb 17th, in SC. My opinion, both Caravel grads make the team.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
In 2016, the HCC Owls made the NJCAA World Series and were only a few games away from the National Championship. Last year, (2017) they lead the D1 NJCAA in Home Runs (137), Doubles (159) and Slugging (.684).

Pre-season Harford is ranked #25.

Last edited:
Practice started up Jan 10th, and classes the 22nd. They had an inter squad game last Sat. Unclear how many are still practicing, will redshirt, or make the roster. I think down to 30-35 total before first doubleheader Feb 17th, in SC. My opinion, both Caravel grads make the team.
Baker will not make it

Only one Harford County kid on team..interesting... Actually my son played travel ball with him back when he played baseball

Last edited:
Only one Harford County kid on team..interesting... Actually my son played travel ball with him back when he played baseball

I count three (Bel Air, Churchville, and Whiteford), but I take your point. Only 12 Maryland kids out of 36 on the roster. Almost as many from PA. Out of state tuition there is not exactly what I would call cheap, either.

I count three (Bel Air, Churchville, and Whiteford), but I take your point. Only 12 Maryland kids out of 36 on the roster. Almost as many from PA. Out of state tuition there is not exactly what I would call cheap, either.

Your correct. I get Churchville and Kingsville also Whiteford and Whitehall mixed up all the time. Still I remember when pretty much the whole team was HC kids. Not complaining nor do I care. It’s just interesting. Yes you are correct the OOS tuition is barely cheaper than Wilmington University 303 vs 363 per credit hour. I would think many of the OOS kids that don’t make the squad will transfer home. It’s good of HCC to make the cuts early so they can do that for second semester

Last edited:
Your correct. I get Churchville and Kingsville also Whiteford and Whitehall mixed up all the time. Still I remember when pretty much the whole team was HC kids. Not complaining nor do I care. It’s just interesting. Yes you are correct the OOS tuition is barely cheaper than Wilmington University 303 vs 363 per credit hour. I would think many of the OOS kids that don’t make the squad will transfer home. It’s good of HCC to make the cuts early so they can do that for second semester

You are correct, Some guys did transfer out either from not making the team or that were red shirted.

Fall was absolutely crazy like JWB703 said. Lots of kids from everywhere.

Today was the 3rd inner squad scrimmage with MLB scouts in the stands looking at the boys. The coaching staff there wears many hats. They do what they can to get kids seen and out as fast as possible to the next level. What ever that may be for any certain individual.

And yes, We are out of state, PA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT