ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen Championship

LOL, I have come full circle.

Knowing Spath and how his team thinks, they love a game like last nights. Travel to a tough gym and play your hearts out, that is what this team is about. Trust me, to win at Dover would have been something they would have treasured. They did not care where the game was held, this is a team with a lot of heart.

They aren't going to throw themselves a pity party because they didn't get a break. I know every kid on the team and trust me, they would have played the game anywhere, just so long as they had the chance at a title. Great effort by both teams, Jordan was just to much for Milford last night. A good measure might be to take a look at free throw stats from last night. That game was almost won at the line, by Milford.

At the end of the day, it was just an exhibition. If Milford lays an egg against Howard, that would be the one that hurts. The players, especially the seniors didn't like losing last night, but they know they have a chance to play more ball. I hope they win. If they don't however, if they play like they did last night they can hold their heads up high.

As to your questioning my loyalty to Milford, you might be right. If you are on the outside looking in, it would be fair to question it. I would ask however, that before you do, you talk to any coach or player or parent of from Milford,. Anyone that has worn the Buccaneer uniform, where I stand. Trust me, I don't need to wear my Buc pride on DE preps to have my loyalty judged,

@Ikeyfbst2 You couldn't have put it better...I told those that I was sitting next to that Milford had nothing to lose being the underdog playing for a conference chip in Dover's gym & they left all that they had out there. If they play like that these next 2 games then they will earn themselves a trip to the Bob. I thought the turning point I. The game was when Milford fouled Jordan on a 3-ptr & he made all 3 free throws after struggling from the floor before then...after that it was as if the basket just kept getting bigger for him when he shotbas does happen w/ a lot of shooters. I also think that he fed off of the extra stuff & talk that was going on. Great game though.

Since when did. Conference chip become just an exhibition? Milford hasn't won the conference in 2 or 3 decades and you talking bout just an exhibition game? That's funny.

Those kids would have played anywhere but did not feel that the game should have been at Dover. They are 100% correct. If you think for one second that location didn't play apart in that game your kidding your self. That's ALLENs gym. They familiarity with the gym alone is an advantage. Walking into the locker room, sitting at your favorite spot, not having to board a bus and just being comfortable was a huge advantage. These PC answers are what's wrong with the world

Reactions: Lomcfly
Yes,Jordan fed off the atmosphere. It's what good players do. It was a horrible foul by Milford on that three point shot, Jordan was off balance and was not going to make it, at that point. Once he heated up, there was no stopping him. Fans of the game got a real treat last night, that was special.
The trash talk heated up a bit, but both teams kept it under control. I do think the talking got into Milford's head a bit as well.The refs had a tough job last night and did well with the task. They let the teams play, but when it started to get chippy they reigned it in quickly. Like I said, a fun game to watch.
Great prep for both teams.

Since when did. Conference chip become just an exhibition? Milford hasn't won the conference in 2 or 3 decades and you talking bout just an exhibition game? That's funny.

Those kids would have played anywhere but did not feel that the game should have been at Dover. They are 100% correct. If you think for one second that location didn't play apart in that game your kidding your self. That's ALLENs gym. They familiarity with the gym alone is an advantage. Walking into the locker room, sitting at your favorite spot, not having to board a bus and just being comfortable was a huge advantage. These PC answers are what's wrong with the world

@lifelesson Dover did have a advantage with the gym being there home. I think the band added even more spirit to the gym. Totally an atmosphere that belonged to Dover. But I think there wasn't enough production from Num 22 the kid just was out of it. Milford in my eyes was suppose to beat Dover.. The large margin extended towards the fourth. Milford by all means played a great game just allowed to much of the crowd and the trash talkn on floor to distract them. Milford great game stay hard at the ball playoff time!!!

I don't know why everyone is complaining adout were was the Henlopen championship game was played .It is not Dover fault ,A,D picked the school from the start of the season .Only thing I will say that the band should of not been able to attend the game .But other then that great game Dover.also both school's were talking noise .

The best team won both times these teams played. This game could have been played at Milford with only fans from Milford and Dover still wins in my opinion. Let's turn the page... Good luck to both teams!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT