ADVERTISEMENT

Henlopen South

Chill44

Good all around Player
Jul 15, 2012
This conference is very interesting to say the least! We are 3/4 away from the end of the season and the South is coming down to the wire. Woodbridge and Laurel sitting at the top of the division and are both looking at 1st round byes in the playoffs. I cant remember the last time that happened (2 south teams with byes). These are the current records and remaining schedules:

Laurel: (15-2) (10-1 South) Left to play:IR, Delmar, Lake.....will finish 18-2 or 17-3....34pts+15bonus pts=49pts/20= (2.45)pt index (good enough for top 8 seed)

Bridge: (13-3) (11-1 South) Left to play: Dover, Seaford, Lake, St.Gs..... will finish 16-4....32pts+18bonus pts=50pts/20= (2.5)pt index (good enough for top 8 seed)

Seaford 13-4 overall (8-4 South) Left to play:First State Military, Bridge, Sussex Academy...will finish 15-5...

Lake 8-6 overall (8-3 South) Left to play: Appo, DSU, Woodbridge, Delmava Christian, Red Lion, Laurel.....will finish 10-10 or 11-9.....

If Laurel and Woodbridge wins out in the South, will they have to play at a neutral site for a tie breaker (most likely at Tech). I know Cape and Smyrna had to play a tie breaker a few years back at Milford that didn't end too well....Not sure if the results of that game will have an impact on how the Henlopen South will be decided....

Last edited:
Reactions: J12
Henlopen South is incredibly weak. Woodbridge and Laurel are nice teams but are no where close to being top 8 teams in the state. The bracket may have them getting first round byes but they will realize quick that there aren’t playing Sussex Academy or ECHS...

I haven’t seen Laurel play yet. For Woodbridge, it depends on which team shows up. So far, they have been inconsistent. Last night, they played Dover tough. Plus besides Sanford and Dover, no one else has separated themselves from the pack.

Reactions: The_Ballaholic
Sounds like someone is trolling. Laurel hasn't really had a tough schedule but they're a young team that likes to run. They can surprise some teams in the tournament. As said above, Woodbridge is inconsistent. They gave Dover all they could handle but then get played close by a Lake team earlier in the season. All in all, it's Dover, Sanford and everyone else who wants to participate in the tournament.

Reactions: Hoopsdownstate5
Anybody can be beat this year
Oh you really think so..Just because Woodbridge played Dover close... Lol..Nobody beating Sanford period.. Dover has a shot. William Penn is ok nothing great.. But after that nobody can beat Sanford or Dover.. Needed a laugh this morning.. Anybody can be beat.. You joking right..

Reactions: Chill44
Oh you really think so..Just because Woodbridge played Dover close... Lol..Nobody beating Sanford period.. Dover has a shot. William Penn is ok nothing great.. But after that nobody can beat Sanford or Dover.. Needed a laugh this morning.. Anybody can be beat.. You joking right..
we will see!

Exactly! It’s just that type of year, not only in HS but at all levels! NCAA, NBA too... and I like it!

Stan is not loosing to no team from DE this year.. Wilson can't coach to me anyway.. Have way more faith in Stan.. Allen was my MVP this year but Mr. Davis is coming on strong at the end.. He might steal the MVP.. The voters is going way heavy on the level of talent Sanford played.. My vote go to Davis from Sanford..

Reactions: Patcomic
Stan is not loosing to no team from DE this year.. Wilson can't coach to me anyway.. Have way more faith in Stan.. Allen was my MVP this year but Mr. Davis is coming on strong at the end.. He might steal the MVP.. The voters is going way heavy on the level of talent Sanford played.. My vote go to Davis from Sanford..
Wooowww...sooo your vote went from Allen to Davis based on one loss from Dover? Allen has been by far more consistent than Davis this year & he probably leads the state in scoring, I doubt he has even scored in single digits any game this season. Based on the body of work throughout the season that POY should be handed to Allen w/ no questions asked. @Hoopsdownstate5 , “C’mon man”.

Wooowww...sooo your vote went from Allen to Davis based on one loss from Dover? Allen has been by far more consistent than Davis this year & he probably leads the state in scoring, I doubt he has even scored in single digits any game this season. Based on the body of work throughout the season that POY should be handed to Allen w/ no questions asked. @Hoopsdownstate5 , “C’mon man”.
Not from Dover lost to Tech.. Oh it's big questions.. From a voter.. You don't go by just how many points you score.. Level of competition.. Sanford played 100 times harder schedule than Dover.. Allen put up numbers but against by far weaker teams.. Cape, Sussex Central, Polytech, Milford played them teams twice that's 8 wins against. 4-11, 4-11, 3-13, 5-11.. Davis would had crazy numbers too.. Big difference.. Allen played the the type of teams Davis face he would Definely not put those numbers up.. Most voters will take that in consideration.. Davis has a great shot..

Not from Dover lost to Tech.. Oh it's big questions.. From a voter.. You don't go by just how many points you score.. Level of competition.. Sanford played 100 times harder schedule than Dover.. Allen put up numbers but against by far weaker teams.. Cape, Sussex Central, Polytech, Milford played them teams twice that's 8 wins against. 4-11, 4-11, 3-13, 5-11.. Davis would had crazy numbers too.. Big difference.. Allen played the the type of teams Davis face he would Definely not put those numbers up.. Most voters will take that in consideration.. Davis has a great shot..

key factors missing in your argument

Davis supporting cast prevents him from having those numbers

Sanford also plays multiple teams that they beat by 25-30+ pts each time

Stop it dude! Allen had 32 vs Shipley and 44 vs Bishop O’Hara. Both good teams. Furthermore leading the state in scoring. Scored at least 30 + points at least 10x this season. Kid had one bad game and you’re saying the lost to tech hurts him for player of the year? He’s outplayed everyone this season thus far.
QUOTE="Hoopsdownstate5, post: 160950, member: 6561"]Not from Dover lost to Tech.. Oh it's big questions.. From a voter.. You don't go by just how many points you score.. Level of competition.. Sanford played 100 times harder schedule than Dover.. Allen put up numbers but against by far weaker teams.. Cape, Sussex Central, Polytech, Milford played them teams twice that's 8 wins against. 4-11, 4-11, 3-13, 5-11.. Davis would had crazy numbers too.. Big difference.. Allen played the the type of teams Davis face he would Definely not put those numbers up.. Most voters will take that in consideration.. Davis has a great shot..[/QUOTE]

Stop it dude...Allen had 32 vs Shipley and 42 vs Bishop

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach

sanford played tatnal, wilm friends, St. Andrews, Wilmington Christian and tower hill...multiple times!

Stop it man...LoL Sanford by far played against the best out-of-state talent but let’s not act like Dover played against bumbs. You don’t think Allen would avg 25-30 playing against Wilmington Christian, Wilmington Friends, Tatnall, St. Andrew’s & Tower Hill twice each? Allen has put up numbers consistently against whoever is put in front of him not to mention being named All Tournament Team at Slam Dunk To The Beach where there was top notch talent.

sanford played tatnal, wilm friends, St. Andrews, Wilmington Christian and tower hill...multiple times!

Sanford played five teams in the top 330 in the country- the #1 team in the country (Monteverde), #327 (Combine), #110 (Vashon), #209 (Roselle Catholic), #268 (Elizabeth)- and went 3-2 against that group. Dover's schedule simply doesn't compare. Sanford is ranked #151 nationally by MaxPreps; Dover is #643.

Dover's out of state wins are Shipley (#3,313), Wicomico (1,648), Cardinal O'Hara (569).

Yes, Sanford played league games they are required to play, and none has been closer than 27 points. Dover has had 3 single-digit wins and now a loss.

Sanford played five teams in the top 330 in the country- the #1 team in the country (Monteverde), #327 (Combine), #110 (Vashon), #209 (Roselle Catholic), #268 (Elizabeth)- and went 3-2 against that group. Dover's schedule simply doesn't compare. Sanford is ranked #151 nationally by MaxPreps; Dover is #643.

Dover's out of state wins are Shipley (#3,313), Wicomico (1,648), Cardinal O'Hara (569).

Yes, Sanford played league games they are required to play, and none has been closer than 27 points. Dover has had 3 single-digit wins and now a loss.
We know who had the tougher schedule but the question at hand right now is regarding POY...sooo your vote for POY would go to Sanford’s Davis over Dover’s Allen too?

Nah I think Allen deserves it this year, no matter who they play he has been the most consistent all year....Davis may have something to say come playoffs though... there is still a really good chance that Dover and Sanford meet in the final 4.

Last edited:

J. Davis is averaging around 16ppg this year and Allen is averaging around 27ppg.....Davis vs in state competition is averaging around 17 (the tower hills, tatnalls, wilm friends, wilm christians, sallies) Allen vs. Henlopen Conference averaging around 28 (Vs. shipley, wihi, eleanor roosevelt and bishop o'hara...29ppg)

Allen should be POY!!!

Reactions: Patcomic
J. Davis is averaging around 16ppg this year and Allen is averaging around 27ppg.....Davis vs in state competition is averaging around 17 (the tower hills, tatnalls, wilm friends, wilm christians, sallies) Allen vs. Henlopen Conference averaging around 28 (Vs. shipley, wihi, eleanor roosevelt and bishop o'hara...29ppg)

Allen should be POY!!!
Davis won Player of Year only averaging 17 points a game.. Facts.. Lol..

Nah I think Allen deserves it this year, no matter who they play he has been the most consistent all year....Davis may have something to say come playoffs though.
The votes must be submitted before the quarterfinals.

I think Njoku should win it, actually. He's the game-changer.
Funny that you say that because I think Corey Perkins is the game-changer getting them into their sets running the offense, scoring when need be & distributing when need be. They would look like a different team on offense without him in my opinion. Making that City of Palms All Tournament Team where some of the best of the best in the country were playing says a lot too.

Reactions: 1stStateRealist
Funny that you say that because I think Corey Perkins is the game-changer getting them into their sets running the offense, scoring when need be & distributing when need be. They would look like a different team on offense without him in my opinion. Making that City of Palms All Tournament Team where some of the best of the best in the country were playing says a lot too.
Now you talking real crazy .. Lol.. Take Davis away.. They super average.. Thought you new little bit about basketball.. All the attention in every game plan is to stop Davis.. Perkins is good but take Davis away.. They ain't winning nothing.. Man iam just trying debate at least something on forum.. It's been quiet year on here.. Smh.. I tried.. Lol

Last edited:
Now you talking real crazy .. Lol.. Take Davis away.. They super average.. Thought you new little bit about basketball.. All the attention in every game plan is to stop Davis.. Perkins is good but take Davis away.. They ain't winning nothing.. Man iam just trying debate at least something on forum.. It's been quiet year on here.. Smh.. I tried.. Lol
Yea it has been quiet on here man that’s why I try to post often, at least to spark a conversation lol

Not crazy at all...Sanford is still a very good team without Davis here in DE for sure because they have 4 All State caliber players and a 5th player who is 6’9 & athletic. Take Corey Perkins away & who is going to run the point like he does for that team? Take him away & I think you can pressure them into a lot of turnovers. Hassan is basically a 2-guard in a point guard’s body looking to score...you are undervaluing the point guard for Sanford.

FYI...Someone knowing a little bit about basketball would not have made that “Ain’t nobody beating Sanford or Dover.” statement. You jinxed the Senators...LoL

Not crazy at all...Sanford is still a very good team without Davis here in DE for sure because they have 4 All State caliber players and a 5th player who is 6’9 & athletic. Take Corey Perkins away & who is going to run the point like he does for that team? Take him away & I think you can pressure them into a lot of turnovers. Hassan is basically a 2-guard in a point guard’s body looking to score...you are undervaluing the point guard for Sanford.

FYI...Someone knowing a little bit about basketball would not have made that “Ain’t nobody beating Sanford or Dover.” statement. You jinxed the Senators...LoL
I know.. Smh..lol.. Oh coach Wilson.. Just can't trust him to deliver..

Reactions: J12

Another 30 point game for Allen tonight vs. CR...........POY!!!!

Stop it dude! Allen had 32 vs Shipley and 44 vs Bishop O’Hara. Both good teams. Furthermore leading the state in scoring. Scored at least 30 + points at least 10x this season. Kid had one bad game and you’re saying the lost to tech hurts him for player of the year? He’s outplayed everyone this season thus far.
QUOTE="Hoopsdownstate5, post: 160950, member: 6561"]Not from Dover lost to Tech.. Oh it's big questions.. From a voter.. You don't go by just how many points you score.. Level of competition.. Sanford played 100 times harder schedule than Dover.. Allen put up numbers but against by far weaker teams.. Cape, Sussex Central, Polytech, Milford played them teams twice that's 8 wins against. 4-11, 4-11, 3-13, 5-11.. Davis would had crazy numbers too.. Big difference.. Allen played the the type of teams Davis face he would Definely not put those numbers up.. Most voters will take that in consideration.. Davis has a great shot..

Horrible error, it is Cardinal O'Hara not Bishop O'Hara. O'Hara was a Cardinal...one step away from being Pope.

Davis is going win POY or Gatorade Player of Year.. You can book that.. Already talked to few voters.. C.R ain't good.. Please..lol

Here is a question since CR isn’t any good....Has Davis had a 30 pt game this season Vs. anyone? Including in-state games?

Davis is going win POY or Gatorade Player of Year.. You can book that.. Already talked to few voters.. C.R ain't good.. Please..lol

Damit man we get it ain’t nobody in DE good except for Sanford...LMAO!!! Dover was good til they lost to Tech too huh...LoL

@Downstate4, I have talked to voters too & Elijah Allen is the POY...don’t book it BET IT...$1 (Yeah I’m a high roller)!?!?!?

Damit man we get it ain’t nobody in DE good except for Sanford...LMAO!!! Dover was good til they lost to Tech too huh...LoL

@Downstate4, I have talked to voters too & Elijah Allen is the POY...don’t book it BET IT...$1 (Yeah I’m a high roller)!?!?!?
Lol.. Dover still good.. Tell you what.. Just friendly bet.. If Davis from Sanford don't get POY or Gatorade Player Of Year.. I won't post or comment on anything for month but if he do get either one award .. You ban for 2 months.. Since you a high roller..lol

Here is a question since CR isn’t any good....Has Davis had a 30 pt game this season Vs. anyone? Including in-state games?
This between me at @J12 but Since you want to comment.. Ask James Harden about multiple 30 piont games.. He averaged 30 plus last year in NBA and Greek Freak still won MVP.. So you need come up with something better than he score 6-7 30 piont games.. Way more than just scoring in the game of basketball..lol .. For record.. Sanford would beat C.R by 30 plus..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT