ADVERTISEMENT

High School Games Preview - 3/27 to 3/29

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Well the weather hasn't been so kind thus far in the season. Last saturday windy, but pleasant, Tuesday SNOW, Thursday Sunny but COLD, Friday and Saturday warmer but rain expected.

Some teams are playing their third game Thursday, while others will be playing their first.

GAMES OF INTEREST

Thursday 3/27

Sallies @ Caravel. GAME OF THE DAY. Break out your hand warmers and long johns, this could be a sneak peak of a playoff game. These two teams have split the last four games against one another. In 2013 Caravel lost in the championship game last year to St Marks while Sallies missed the playoffs. Caravel won this midseason matchup last year 11-5. Caravel looks to be strong coming off a 10 run rule game against a decent Cape team on Saturday. Sallies is yet to take the field and we just aren't sure if they are improved from last year after losing some pitching.

Mtown @ Ai Dupont. Mtown is 1-1. They lost big to a good Archmere team and barely won against Dickinson. I personally thought they were going to surprise this year in a weak Flight A. Ai is playing their first game.

Appo @ Bwine. Appo is 0-2 to start. They lost two close games to decent teams, but they only scored 2 total runs in both games. Bwine is playing their first game with a team returning most of its starters from an 8-10 team last year. Appo can't afford to start 0-3.

DE Public Safety @ DMA. This could get ugly. Public safety lost 21-11 to a not so good Red Lion team that had at least 9 recorded errors. Public Safety was leading 10-0 in that game in the first inning and lost???? Not a good game here i bet, but kind of interesting.

ST Eliz @ St Marks. St E got shutout by Conrad on Saturday. They lost a lot of players from last year and Conrad is no slouch, but was surprised nonetheless. Will St Marks start slow like last year, or come out firing.

Dover @ CR. Both teams open the season. Both playoff teams from last season. CR won 3-0 last year. Dover looks to be a favorite downstate this year.

Milford@ Smyrna. Milford won big over a decent Md team on Saturday. Milford won 9-2 last season on the way to making the playoffs.

FRIDAY 3/28

Hodsgon @ St Marks. Hodgson came off a big win in the snow against Appo. Can they do it again in the rain this time?? St Marks will be playing in back to back games.

SATURDAY 3/29

Concord @ Archmere. Arch starting 2-0 is looking good.

Seaford @ Christiana. Can Seaford make it TWO WINS in a season??? Christiana barely has enough players i hear.

AI Dupont @ Smyrna. Should be a good matchup of decent teams who should be fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season.

Charter @ St E. Would have been a good matchup last season, but both lost a lot coming into this year.

Sallies @ Glasgow. Can glasgow make a run for Flight A this season.

Enjoyed your previews.

Couldn't help noticing the omission of Newark's first two games of their season (today @ Charter, Saturday vs Brandywine). Have they sunk so low that they don't warrant mentioning?

Sorry 8yaz. Just pressed for time. Didn't mean to offend. But seriously, Newark at 5-13 last year, didn't quite peak my interest, sorry to say. At least not just yet. Do you have some inside scoop on Newark? Are they going to challenge? I do know Newark is VERY young again. Only three seniors last year and only a couple of seniors on the team this year. Seems like 2015 & 2016 might be better years? Love to get your insight. Newark's schedule is pretty light. They only play 4 playoff teams from last year. I do see 7 potential wins right off the bat (even though most aren't gimmies) with Bwine, Dickinson, RLCA, Christiana, Delcastle, Friends & Penn.

I do think Flight A is pretty up for grabs. Charter, A.I & Appo lost a lot. Concord lost a lot from their 8-10 team. I thought Middletown might make a little noise, but were less than impressive against Dickinson.

I think Newark has some decent players this year. Their roster has 4-5 kids on both the Varsity and JV rosters. Their schedule is extremely weak this year. They used to play St E, St Marks and Sallies every year. Even Caravel a few years back. Replaced them with Red Lion, Friends, DMA and Smyrna. I think they have a shot to get 8 to 10 wins.

Caravel 5 Sallies 4
Charter 5 Newark 4 (extra innings)
St Marks 8 St Es 3
Appo 12 Bwine 0
Middletown 4 AI 2
Concord 7 Glasgow 1
St G's 10 Christiana 1
WP 4 Delcastle 3
DMA 10 DSPSS 0 (went 6 innings)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT