ADVERTISEMENT

Hyland is a great player but.............

Bishop,Ayers and Allen used to straight up EAT, knocking down NBA range 3's before there was a 3 point line !!!
We had a 5"11 Center in Ronson Burton.. Use whip ball halfcourt and Ayers use to pull up from 2 steps past halfcourt line... All jumpshots... No set shot at all... We wasnt a tall team..

Reactions: Can_you_feel_me
Yes 100%.... Both 4 years in college.... Just imagine if they was with there original class.. Smh.. Same with Gonzaga Williams... I can see if its for grades failing but to re class to make it easier. .please.. Iam from the oldschool.. Thats cheating.. Period. That means you dont trust your skill level at all.. Get in the gym and put in the work. Dont take the easy way out... Weak move... Imo
LOL And this is why I'm glad kids leave Delaware because of people like you. instead of cheering for these kids making a better life for themselves and representing our state on the college level you say some spiteful hating stuff like that. You should be ashamed of your self old head.......Go get a hug

LOL And this is why I'm glad kids leave Delaware because of people like you. instead of cheering for these kids making a better life for themselves and representing our state on the college level you say some spiteful hating stuff like that. You should be ashamed of your self old head.......Go get a hug
Lol... Just my opinion. ..

We had a 5"11 Center in Ronson Burton.. Use whip ball halfcourt and Ayers use to pull up from 2 steps past halfcourt line... All jumpshots... No set shot at all... We wasnt a tall team..

yeah Ronson is a good dude, he's 5 11 but built like a brick sh-thouse....lol Mr supernova, have you seen his Nova, badazzz

To be honest... Wish them well... But people act reclass is a great thing... Not hating on them... Do wats best for there families... Just dont know who in there right mind would have a reclass rule like that... Thats wat a redshirt is for.. Donte did it that way.. Makes perfectly since then reclass at an early age..

yeah Ronson is a good dude, he's 5 11 but built like a brick sh-thouse....lol Mr supernova, have you seen his Nova, badazzz
Been years... Smh.. Great man.. Last time i seen him about 20 years ago.. When he was working at Janitor at Cape... He was ass. Coach to Coach Peden..

Yes 100%.... Both 4 years in college.... Just imagine if they was with there original class.. Smh.. Same with Gonzaga Williams... I can see if its for grades failing but to re class to make it easier. .please.. Iam from the oldschool.. Thats cheating.. Period. That means you dont trust your skill level at all.. Get in the gym and put in the work. Dont take the easy way out... Weak move... Imo
@Hoopsdownstate2 Question for you...I graduated high school w/ a 3.6 GPA at 17 years old when some of the athletes I graduated with were 19, most of the kids even a grade behind me were still older than me, my birthday is in November so technically age-wise I would have been eligible to play 2 more years in high school. I went on to play college basketball at a very small school where I grew 2 more inches & game got a lot better as well...would I have been considered a cheater if I would have chosen to or my pops had me reclass? If I knew then what I know today I would have made that move w/o a doubt. FYI...a few more successful “reclasses” that I can think of out of DE would be Trevor Cooney (Syracuse/overseas), Ben Bentil (St. Andrews/Providence/NBA draftee), Mikey Dixon (Quinnipiac/St. John’s transfer). The game has changed over the years & a lot of people may disagree w/ it but sometimes you have to level that playing field as long as it is within the rules.

Last edited:
@Hoopsdownstate2 Question for you...I graduated high school w/ a 3.6 GPA at 17 years old when some of the athletes I graduated with were 19, most of the kids even a grade behind me were still older than me, my birthday is in November so technically age-wise I would have been eligible to play 2 more years in high school. I went on to play college basketball at a very small school where I grew 2 more inches & game got a lot better as well...would I have been considered a cheater if I would have chosen to or my pops had me reclass? If I knew then what I know today I would have made that move w/o a doubt. FYI...a few more successful “reclasses” that I can think of out of DE would be Trevor Cooley (Syracuse/overseas), Ben Bentil (St. Andrews/Providence/NBA draftee), Mikey Dixon (Quinnipiac/St. John’s transfer). The game has changed over the years & a lot of people may disagree w/ it but sometimes you have to level that playing field as long as it is within the rules.

Elena Delle Donne was a year or two older than most in her graduating class also

Even Lenny Brown did a 5th year

I think the question shouldn't be whether it's cheating or not but does reclassification matter? Does it work? Do kids get better? I'm convinced that the top level kids who reclassify are good because they are gym rats with superior work ethics or have that DNA. Cannot reclassify effort, success comes from putting in work. I have seen talented 15 year olds put 19 year olds to shame. Lastly older doesn't mean u are more mature, or stronger. Some 15 year olds are stronger than grown men and more mature. We have to study the data and consider many variables to really answer whether reclassification even matters

All the names that you mentioned where from private schools.. Which makes it even worser to reclass.. You already get to play in 8th grade. . Just my opinion. ... Only problem was people on board going say if you fail a grade and reclass is the same.. Thats a damn lie period.... Not even close... One is by choice and and one is you need help with grades.. Big difference

Elena Delle Donne was a year or two older than most in her graduating class also

Did they reclass??

You already can redshirt and reclass too... Making it way too easy.. Have no problem with reclassing moving up but to stay in same grade... No one in the world can say thats a good thing.. Unless you think you aint good enough...

If reclassing gets a kid a free education, how can anyone be against that?
90% of the athletes isnt using it for free education. . Just to try to gain advantage period.. Please dont say free education... Karl Towns reclassed twice in 8th grade and reclassed again in highschool to move up grade.. When interviewed. . He said 100% of reclass. Is gaining extra year to improve.. Nothing to do with education. . Period...

Ok.. Iam done debating on this topic... It was fun finally doing a little disagreements on here... Instead of liking everybody posts...

90% of the athletes isnt using it for free education. . Just to try to gain advantage period.. Please dont say free education... Karl Towns reclassed twice in 8th grade and reclassed again in highschool to move up grade.. When interviewed. . He said 100% of reclass. Is gaining extra year to improve.. Nothing to do with education. . Period...
Hoops what they are also not realizing or saying is that 1% of successful kids who reclass, live in the gym. Work their ass off. Those kids are beyond getting college scholarships, they're trying to become pros.

Hoops what they are also not realizing or saying is that 1% of successful kids who reclass, live in the gym. Work their ass off. Those kids are beyond getting college scholarships, they're trying to become pros.
100% correctly. .. Towns did mention alot of reclass players dont put time in gym. Just thinking they have another year and better than competition too..

The work they should be putting is in the books.

A year or two delay may help your body but if you don’t study and work hard in the classroom it won’t matter. Certainly there are exceptions where it benefits one both academically and athletically but if you need that year make sure you hit the books too.
Agree...

Mr. Jordon said when people re class... Simply cheating your way threw basketball.. I 100% agree.. I can see if you wanted to move up and graduate early like Bagely 3rd at Duke.. Then i agree but get held back a year to play against lesser talent... Please.. Makes them all weak and afraid of competition. .. Imo

Marvin Bagley was a reclass....he's about to be 19 next month! He like a lot of recruits reclass...however you can always leave "early" if you think you can play with a specific class. So unless he failed...he'll be 19 in march.

I have different feelings regarding the reclassing of players. I'm not a fan of it on its surface level. Lets say my kid is the baby in his/her class...they get screwed over because physically they will prolly be behind the other kids because he's way younger. However, if he was able to get another year for his body to mature then that may change everything. Typically there is a huge improvement from that 18-19 year in athletes. If that parlays into a full scholarship and if that means a full ride to a college institution; in my opinion that's worth it. Even if the person doesn't go to pro. Still a life changing move by sitting back a year.

To be honest... Wish them well... But people act reclass is a great thing... Not hating on them... Do wats best for there families... Just dont know who in there right mind would have a reclass rule like that... Thats wat a redshirt is for.. Donte did it that way.. Makes perfectly since then reclass at an early age..

Donte didn't do it like that....Donte got injured and only played a few games and qualified for a medical redshirt. Furthermore if I'm not mistaken when you redshirt you don't get the scholarship unless you're actively playing.

Donte didn't do it like that....Donte got injured and only played a few games and qualified for a medical redshirt. Furthermore if I'm not mistaken when you redshirt you don't get the scholarship unless you're actively playing.
Red Shirt has nothing to do with if you are on scholarship or not.

Reactions: 84rider
Once you get to college it is not considered a “reclass” but yes a redshirt. With that being said please don’t tell me that you thought that if a kid on scholarship gets hurt & cannot play that he/she then has to pay for school that year because they are not playing?

Reactions: sals2011
When an athlete is redshirted for medical or other reasons, you are still on scholarship. You can practice with the team if able and you have 5 yrs to complete your degree!

Once you get to college it is not considered a “reclass” but yes a redshirt. With that being said please don’t tell me that you thought that if a kid on scholarship gets hurt & cannot play that he/she then has to pay for school that year because they are not playing?

I'm talking about a regular red shirt not medical. I was stating donte was medically red shirt due to his injury not that he went to Nova and redshirted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT