ADVERTISEMENT

Im of the belief that the girls hoop talent here in DE is very high....

How many/who do we project to be D1 by graduation?
I don't know enough of the players in the state to comment but there does appear to be a slew of talent especially 10th graders and younger. This is great for DE as it should attract more attention from colleges (don't sleep on the sleeping giant...Delaware :D). As stated in previous threads, our high schools need to play more OOS teams as well as participate competitively in reputable tournaments to increase the exposure. I do know this AAU season and next year's school season will be crucial ones for many players seeking to play at the next level. It will be exciting to see the high level of play of Delaware ball for years to come! Anyone with names of players?

Kulesza Sisters - Conrad
Whittlesey - Conrad
Davis - St. E
Mayo - A.I.
Lewis - Ursuline
Connolly - Ursuline
Hendley - Ursuline
Park-Lane - Sanford
Pollich - Sanford

Pollick not playing in college has the talent but heart's not in it.

Also what about Tucker at Sanford?

It's going to fun to see who develops over the next two to three years, I assume that one or two girls not on the radar will play in college but yes it a deep talent pool especially the 2019 class.While it doesn't have the top 100 talent like the early 2000's but it's maybe the deepest in Delaware ever.

Last edited:
Kulesza Sisters - Conrad
Whittlesey - Conrad
Davis - St. E
Mayo - A.I.
Lewis - Ursuline
Connolly - Ursuline
Hendley - Ursuline
Park-Lane - Sanford
Pollich - Sanford

Would add Kornegay-Lucas (CR) to that mix...smooth game and should be the focal point next year. Marvel (Caravel) has the potential but needs to show more command and confidence to take over a game when necessary...the tools are there though.

Reactions: 84rider
I'm old enough to remember Val Whiting going from Ursuline to Stanford and being a trailblazer for girl's hoops in DE, so to think in a little over 25 years since then, we're finally seeing more talent worthy of D1 scouting is pretty cool. I think a lot of girls on and under the radar will play a decent level of college ball (D2, low-level/mid-major D1) and most will likely play D3/NAIA, which is nothing to snooze at if you get the financial help for it.

Kulesza Sisters - Conrad
Whittlesey - Conrad
Davis - St. E
Mayo - A.I.
Lewis - Ursuline
Connolly - Ursuline
Hendley - Ursuline
Park-Lane - Sanford
Pollich - Sanford

added
Kuy Wulah- Ursuline(hopefully she comes back from injury correctly)

Zaria Newson- Mount pleasant

Ronasia Blatch-Huggins- Howard

NA’Leighia Wright- Howard

Jania Jackson- Hodgson

Kayla Braxton-Young- Hodgson

Logan Handy- laurel

Me-Me brown- Dickinson

Zhane Snow- Concord

Others who may get looks:

Senay Clark- Appo

Trinity Brittingham- st. georges

Danija (mooch) Dixon- now at William penn

This is just some of my experience and a few things I've learned over the past.
1.D1 coaches that show up at Delaware girls high school games, already know who they looking for.
2.AAU is the best chance to be seen by College Coaches,and still you have to go to the right tournaments and be in the right level.
3.You better do that school work.
4.Must want it more then parents.
5. There's are less then a handful of Dware girls coaches who will prepare you for D1.
7.Better know how to do more than score.
8.Must love the game.
9.Watch film of yourself.
10.Be able to accept criticism.
11.Most Dware girls Coaches cater too gaurds.
And oh yeah! Do you want to play D1 or go D1?

1.D1 coaches that show up at Delaware girls high school games, already know who they looking for.
2.AAU is the best chance to be seen by College Coaches,and still you have to go to the right tournaments and be in the right level.
5. There's are less then a handful of Dware girls coaches who will prepare you for D1.
8.Must love the game.

LOVE THIS!!

8.Must love the game.
Real talk..love #4, 7, 8 & 10!!! Big-Picture.....question.....how many D1 college coaches/recruiters were at your games this year if you had to guess?

Maybe 2 and that was the out of state games.
And a couple at the Ship. Mostyly got D3 assistants and scouts.

There will be plenty more going forward, Alisha will be on the EYBL circuit this year.... Which will garner more interest and offers, then theyll be at games to follow up

Reactions: onejeron
But will they come to watch UA vs Cardinal at the Blue Chip or UA vs 'add team name here' from Delaware? AAU against top caliber players 'teams' will be the best choice for these girls to be seen by D1 and D2.

Another thing is, parents and players have to reach out to College Coaches, DO NOT expect or believe that it is your child's high school Coaches job, All coaches are payed a stipend and have full time careers and families to take care of. If you need help ask a family member or a trusted friend for advice.

But will they come to watch UA vs Cardinal at the Blue Chip or UA vs 'add team name here' from Delaware? AAU against top caliber players 'teams' will be the best choice for these girls to be seen by D1 and D2.

Opponent doesn't matter once she's identified as someone they want, they just come to see her anyway, whichever game fits that coaches schedule.

Reactions: Justabasketballfan
Another thing is, parents and players have to reach out to College Coaches, DO NOT expect or believe that it is your child's high school Coaches job, All coaches are payed a stipend and have full time careers and families to take care of. If you need help ask a family member or a trusted friend for advice.

This is biggest thing that people need to know

8.Must love the game.

Oh and let's add line 12...Have good body language. This ruins so many players chances to play although many coaches on all levels allow too many players to get away with horrible body language!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT