ADVERTISEMENT

Jed Bell steps down from DIAA

Nothing to do with Jed Bell But heard this morning that Tatnall fired their head football coach Avery McMullin
What happened? He took them to the playoffs back to back years, won their first round matchup each year and has LaMons coming back with only 4 seniors graduating

What happened? He took them to the playoffs back to back years, won their first round matchup each year and has LaMons coming back with only 4 seniors graduating

Dude is doing a lot of chest thumping on twitter for accomplishments that only happened because Tatnall got put in the 3rd tier for realignment. Old system they would have not come close to making playoffs.. just saying ..did he raise the level of play or did the level come down to them? perspective..😈

IMO the 2015 and 2016 Team was far better than the last two years teams.

Last edited:
Dude is going a lot of chest thumping on twitter for accomplishments that only happened because Tatnall got put in the 3rd tier for realignment. Old system they would have not come close to making playoffs.. just saying ..did he raise the level of play or did the level come down to them? perspective..😈

IMO the 2015 and 2016 Team was far better than the last two years teams.
Of course they were better. Those teams had guys play at the next level. That doesn’t change the fact that he took a program that got ran into the ground and was able to be successful In a short period of time.I think that’s still impressive even playing lesser talent.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Of course they were better. Those teams had guys play at the next level. That doesn’t change the fact that he took a program that got ran into the ground and was able to be successful In a short period of time.I think that’s still impressive even playing lesser talent.
You also could make the argument that he has a lot less talent on the team he’s coaching now then there was on those 2015 and 2016 teams.

maybe so but they pretty much got running clocked by every decent team they played the last couple years. The best team they beat was probably Delcastle or maybe Seaford in 2021. I guess you could throw Odessa 2022 in the mix but they didn't have any seniors.

Reactions: trapblock22
I agree with BiB. Some miss leading info if people are not familiar with Delaware football. Especially talking about playoffs. But in the end if people only look at records and winning maybe there is something. My big question is with all that chest thumping why is he no longer at Tatnall maybe not as good as it appears.

I agree with BiB. Some miss leading info if people are not familiar with Delaware football. Especially talking about playoffs. But in the end if people only look at records and winning maybe there is something. My big question is with all that chest thumping why is he no longer at Tatnall maybe not as good as it appears.
This is 2023… loudest squeaking wheel gets the oil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT