ADVERTISEMENT

Juicy States Gossip?

MatMiracle

Towel boy
Feb 19, 2016
Rumor has it that there are several kids not wrestling this weekend due to injuries (from conferences) or other reasons..anyone else hear anything about this? I hate seeing kids miss out on the opportunity to wrestle in states...especially if they are seniors. Things were a little different back in the day

2 words "concussion protocol"

Invest in Gamebreaker

helmets-3.jpg

Rumor has it that there are several kids not wrestling this weekend due to injuries (from conferences) or other reasons..anyone else hear anything about this? I hate seeing kids miss out on the opportunity to wrestle in states...especially if they are seniors. Things were a little different back in the day
interesting ? any juicy weight classes

What you people fail to realize is that once you've had a concussion, you are more likely to get another. The macho bravado crap needs to go out the window. It's not just a "just shake it off " thing. It is a traumatic brain injury for heaven's sake. That's like getting in a car wreck and then getting behind the wheel again and driving into the path of oncoming traffic.

These two videos describe almost to a tee the experiences that my daughter has had following her concussion in 2012.

@DE..
that soccer is a lot more dangerous than people think!
almost safer to play football..

I'm pretty confident we have all had our share of concussions, and no one is denying the fact that they are very serious. But what cant be denied is the fact that we OVER diagnose them like crazy.. kid bumps his head-concussion. bites his tongue-concussion.. I agree, it is very wise to be on the safe side- but there are very distinctive characteristics/symptoms that follow a TBI or concussion and a lot of people now are diagnosed without exhibiting any of them.. and dont get me started on the accommodations that are made in the classrooms after the diagnosis...But yes,I had a very severe one recently after a bad accident and it was brutal- not denying that.

Reactions: concord87
I'm wondering who you hear is out also...are you talking about people who wrestled at conferences and advanced? Or are you talking about people who were "out" before conferences?

I'm wondering who you hear is out also...are you talking about people who wrestled at conferences and advanced? Or are you talking about people who were "out" before conferences?
Those that wrestled and advanced... Ive just heard about a couple kids from smyrna maybe? I'm assuming they are just rumors tho

I may be wrong but I thought coaches were obligated to inform the committee and potential coaches /alternates by Wednesday if wrestlers would be out.

Looking at conference results only and having no knowledge of any of these individuals these guys could be on the bubble depending on how they are feeling...

Perhaps it was the situation where theywere a little dinged up, had already qualified and chose not to risk it. Maybe it's more serious but only the kids and coaches know...

120 Knight IR forfeit to 6th
126 O'Neal IR forfeit to 6th
138 Range an Con forfeit to 4th
138 Ogbin WP mforfeit to 6th.
152 Wilson G mforfeit to 6th
182 Tascione PT forfeit to 6th
195 Li AI mforfeit to 6th

I know Ogbin is already replaced in bracket at 138 and would assume Li at 195 is or will be. He had what appeared to be a serious arm injury in his 5/6th place match.

I won't even get started on concussions!

I know Ogbin is already replaced in bracket at 138 and would assume Li at 195 is or will be. He had what appeared to be a serious arm injury in his 5/6th place match.

I won't even get started on concussions!
There is 2 number 7 seeded kids added to 195 bracket already

Those that wrestled and advanced... Ive just heard about a couple kids from smyrna maybe? I'm assuming they are just rumors tho
I don't think any kids that qualified for states from Smyrna have any issues that would prevent them from wrestling.

Reactions: wtc76
Heck, I'm wondering if anyone can get to the 2nd period on Wuest. He pinned his way thru the conference all in the 1st.
I'd say his most competitive match will be against Messiah from William Penn, a old Smyrna wrestler, if people were smart enough they would know not to tie up with Wuest

Reactions: myrealname
I'd say his most competitive match will be against Messiah from William Penn, a old Smyrna wrestler, if people were smart enough they would know not to tie up with Wuest
I've seen 2 things this year...people either try to tie up with him and get shrugged upwards and body locked straight to their back or or they retreat to the edge of the mat and then get taken down. Once he's on top, its legs in, power half, lights out 90% of the time.

I've seen 2 things this year...people either try to tie up with him and get shrugged upwards and body locked straight to their back or or they retreat to the edge of the mat and then get taken down. Once he's on top, its legs in, power half, lights out 90% of the time.
I agree 100%. Go to 302sports.com on youtube and watch the Milford tournament. Wuest wrestled Lucas Hudson in finals. Wuest beat him 6-0 but it atleast a little different than what we have seen all year from people wrestle him.

A Coworker mentioned to me that he was told Baum from Smyrna was hurt and may not be wrestling? I sure hope this isn't the case as I am looking forward to seeing a rematch between him and that CR kid

Reactions: spartakos
A Coworker mentioned to me that he was told Baum from Smyrna was hurt and may not be wrestling? I sure hope this isn't the case as I am looking forward to seeing a rematch between him and that CR kid
Please don't be true that henlopen finals match was worth every penny

Reactions: MatMiracle
Baums dad made comments at conferences after his match that he was hurt and would not be at states. Whatever the case may be i wish him well and hope he can recover from the injury. Would love to see another finals match like the last one. Those 2 young men gave the crowd an exciting show.

Baums dad made comments at conferences after his match that he was hurt and would not be at states. Whatever the case may be i wish him well and hope he can recover from the injury. Would love to see another finals match like the last one. Those 2 young men gave the crowd an exciting show.
once again i'll donate my shoulder to get him to recover by friday

Really with Miller not wrestling 195 has to be the weakest bracket in the state.

Below are the toughest weights IMO

138? It's top heavy but after the top 4 that's it. 160 is obviously thought along with 182. 106 is deep but young.

A little off topic but has anyone been following the whole Kurt McHenry drama that he has been dealing with, for anyone who doesn't know he's the number one 106 in the country

A little off topic but has anyone been following the whole Kurt McHenry drama that he has been dealing with, for anyone who doesn't know he's the number one 106 in the country
Just watched the video part that was recoreded and that is crazy. Yes he pushed his opponent out of bounds but nothing out of the ordinary. Then for the opposing coach not to shake his hand because he just destroyed his son is ubsurd. Yes his opponent was the coaches son. What a shame for a kid that has worked so hard.

Reactions: SingleWingNut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT