ADVERTISEMENT

Juicy States Gossip?

A little off topic but has anyone been following the whole Kurt McHenry drama that he has been dealing with, for anyone who doesn't know he's the number one 106 in the country
I say BRAVO!! There are the "chess pounding, look at me acting like I never won a wrestling match before, and I can be jerk because I win- type of kids in the sport. I have only seen "Kurt McNasty" a few times in action so I can't say the he is normally that type. Maybe the opposing coach/father was wrong for provoking him by refusing to shake hands but Kurt needs lessons like these in the long run. So does many of our wrestlers. Maybe word will get out that it actually matters how you act at a wrestling tournament.

Reactions: concord87
Navarnick vs stratton is going to be a good one. Fisher vs immediato as well. I think there is going to be some great semi finals as well as finals very competitive. I cant wait!!!

Reactions: silverlining
Navarnick vs stratton is going to be a good one. Fisher vs immediato as well. I think there is going to be some great semi finals as well as finals very competitive. I cant wait!!!
Has Navarnick and Stratton faced each other this year?

Just watched the video part that was recoreded and that is crazy. Yes he pushed his opponent out of bounds but nothing out of the ordinary. Then for the opposing coach not to shake his hand because he just destroyed his son is ubsurd. Yes his opponent was the coaches son. What a shame for a kid that has worked so hard.
Ive seen a ton of that this season..not a huge deal..actually saw poorer sportsmanship than that this past weekend at the Henlopen Conferences

Ive seen a ton of that this season..not a huge deal..actually saw poorer sportsmanship than that this past weekend at the Henlopen Conferences
I will agree with that. Saw a kid or two refusing to shake anyones hand after a loss. Couple kids doings lots of talking on and off the mat. But I guess that is to be expected. They are high school boys............The sportmanship on the mat and in the stands wasn't the greatest at the duals this year as well. Lot of pressure in a tight gym.

Question? So if a weight class has wrestlers that qualified at conferences but aren't wrestling at states.....what happens? Are brackets re-seeded?

I will agree with that. Saw a kid or two refusing to shake anyones hand after a loss. Couple kids doings lots of talking on and off the mat. But I guess that is to be expected. They are high school boys............The sportmanship on the mat and in the stands wasn't the greatest at the duals this year as well. Lot of pressure in a tight gym.

My son's 1st match as a Freshman at Beast of the East was against Kurt McHenry. He did not pin or tech him which was unusual for him going against the lowest seed. He was not happy that he did not pin Mikey but shook his hand and smiled anyway. Again, this past year working tables at Beast, again I saw nothing but respectful handshakes from this wrestler. I have not seen the match in question, but from what I can gather from comments, it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Heck, I'm wondering if anyone can get to the 2nd period on Wuest. He pinned his way thru the conference all in the 1st.
2nd seed did but same outcome. Pin in 2nd
Wilmington Christian wrestler who got the 3 seed only lost to the 2 seed 7-6! got caught for a 5 point headlock in the first period and that's what hurt him

Wrestled him earlier at quad meet was beating 2nd seed 5-4 but got caught with headlock. They seem very evenly matched.

I think we saw the same "kid or two" those Cape kids in the semis?

Reactions: proudscfan
I think we saw the same "kid or two" those Cape kids in the semis?
You are exactly right... One of their's in particular- I've seen him lose on numerous occasions and he flipped out and was hit for unsportsmanlike after almost all of them..I know if my child acted like that- he'd get an ass whoopin, I don't care who saw it. It's a shame and I hope the school as a whole can get a handle on the sportsmanship problem

You are exactly right... One of their's in particular- I've seen him lose on numerous occasions and he flipped out and was hit for unsportsmanlike after almost all of them..I know if my child acted like that- he'd get an ass whoopin, I don't care who saw it. It's a shame and I hope the school as a whole can get a handle on the sportsmanship problem
Can't even defend it. It's embarrassing when kids act like that and mine would get an ass whoopin from his father and me if he acted like that. Then again we see how some coaches have let their own kids act in the past so nothing should be a surprise. Good luck to all of these young men this weekend! With this weather I wish we stayed at the beach again!

Looks like Baum is gonna wrestle ? No scratch yet
From what I understand he would have had to scratch last night in order to get an alternate in. Would be ashame to have a bye at state championship and I can't believe anyone would wait until the day of to scratch so I'm sure he's wrestling.

Reactions: MatMiracle
No one mentioned 132
Jackson Dean
Greg Buam
Harry Latch
Kyle Mcdonough
Liam O'Conner
Jared Arlet.

Might be the deepest weight i know 160 has three returning states champions and Avery Mayan in the mix but thats only 4 tough guys same with 182 Hudson, Clayton, Marcozzi, Moyer. 138 has Fisher, Immediato, Diego, Harisika, Davis. Would of been intresting if Morris didn't get hurt and Juarez did't bump up

Reactions: MatMiracle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT