ADVERTISEMENT

New coaches for 2019

SouthDude

Getting reps on JV
Oct 23, 2017
Any coaching changes for next football season? We all know that the woodbridge job has been filled.

Everyone knew that was happening..

Is Anderson still running MOT? or did he step down from that?

never mind Dave Curran is MOT president now

Glasgow will have a new staff. Word is that some of them (including the HC) have migrated to William Penn to join their staff. Also heard the WP is picking up some stud freshmen from out of state and the Selby kid.

How many coaches do they need over at Penn? They have like 20

Selby kid? same Selby's as the twins that went to St Georges?

Wait, Christiana fired Rush? If so, that's a horrible decision.

Not sure how you could say that.. he knowingly played suspended players..whether you believe in the DIAA decision or not or you can't just play the players anyway then the whole refusing to play the next week thing.. He didn't leave CHS any choice IMO... Not sure he was fired though he may have left on his own

Last edited:
Laurel has a great coach. The issue is not enough students to pull from. Southern Henry districts need to consolidate in a major way.

Polytech has needed s coach for a decade
Polytech has needed better football players. Their all-state players the last decade are a joke. There has not been any halfway decent that came out of that school since the early 2000’s. These all conference and all state players have been horrible at best.

Reactions: FootballguyDE
Polytech might need to go the Wilmington Charter route because I don't see them ever being competitive at a Henny North/D1 level and even Henny South/D2 might be a stretch.

IDK, they were 6-4 in 2017 with wins over CR, Cape, Tech , and Milford...anything is possible!!

word on the street is that they let the laurel coach go, I thought he was doing a good job.

I heard they( laurel )coach loss his job. It's a shame , I thought Ennis did a great job leading theBulldogs. Whoever takes this job has big shoes to fill.

Another reason why Seaford and Laurel need to consolidate and be 1 district. These two districts are just a doormat for the Henney South these days.

Coach Ennis did everything he was ask to do and more. I do not know what laurel school district wants from him. He spends many days in the weight room trying to build a culture there But I guess it wasn't good enough. As a friend of Eston;s I know laurel will miss his passion, love and commitment for the student-athletes at laurel. Not only did he coach football at laurel he went there SMH.

Reactions: 84rider
Christiana High School Vikings would like to welcome Coach Dante Jones as the Head Football Coach for the 2019-2020 season. Coach Jones brings a wealth of experience from both high school and college levels and we look forward to having him work with our student athletes.

Pretty sure this is the coach that came from Edmonson Westside (Baltimore) to Dover a few years back and brought the Pack and Moody kids with him. Went 8-2 his first year then didn't have a winning season after Pack left. Not sure what happened at Dover or why he left. Maybe to take the Wesley gig. I don't know His first year at Dover DIAA did bing him a game suspension for putting on pads early but he probably didn't know the rules here. Its not West Baltimore lol

Last edited:
Congratulations to Donte, he deserves a second chance at a Delaware high school. He was at Wesley coaching there for a couple of years. I just hope he doesn’t cause Christiana’ football program to go belly up like he did at Dover. The AD needs to make sure they are in charge of the finances and not Donte.

Thank you it is blessing to be at Christiana High. I would like to clear a few things up. One i never recieved a suspension . The infraction was we did a drill where the lineman touched the sled with their hands. We did not have equipment on. You can refer back to the first practice video of the season by WBOC. Second I never was involved with any money at Dover high. I have no clue of were that came from. But, when i left dover high for Wesley there was more money in the booster account than when i arrived at Dover high. By the way our booster president had access i did nothing with money. Sometimes change comes from change in leadership and having different views not anything negative. But i am open to discuss anything with anyone. Please inbox me i will gladly provide you with my number i will gladly answer any questions.
I hope all have blessed day.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Thanks for clearing the air coach. I was just going on what was reported in the DIAA meeting minutes. Its really no big deal. For what its worth I think you did a real good job over at Edmonson in more ways than just coaching football.. You were good for those west Baltimore kids.. Christiana will be a challenge as well..good luck to you

Thank you. I have never walk into a perfect situation except for Wesley college under the great Mike Drass. I entered Dover High they had 4 wins. So i am up for the challenge . But this is more than winning games for me it more like saving lives. When i departed dover we had 26 Varsity and Jv football players on honor role and zero failed off Jv or Varsity. I love this game and love how it changes lives.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I thought Ennis did a good job at Laurel. The team played clean and hard. IMHO this is a raw deal and people much more knowledge than I, who I have interacted with have chimed in accordingly, without question. He is a good man and some program is going to be blessed with a solid coach who falls into their lap.

now I'm hearing that his job(laurel coach) has been eliminated and there was no job for him. makes more sense now

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
Thank you it is blessing to be at Christiana High. I would like to clear a few things up. One i never recieved a suspension . The infraction was we did a drill where the lineman touched the sled with their hands. We did not have equipment on. You can refer back to the first practice video of the season by WBOC. Second I never was involved with any money at Dover high. I have no clue of were that came from. But, when i left dover high for Wesley there was more money in the booster account than when i arrived at Dover high. By the way our booster president had access i did nothing with money. Sometimes change comes from change in leadership and having different views not anything negative. But i am open to discuss anything with anyone. Please inbox me i will gladly provide you with my number i will gladly answer any questions.
I hope all have blessed day.
You’ve already made your first mistake on the job, and that was being open on this forum.
Good luck in the future at your new position at Christiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT