ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Lincoln OUT of DMA

2 Years and running same story. Year plus, my commentary was never about the coach but the program. So now what, all the young DMA guys are out? Recruited or not, promises made (empty at that) and now what. From the jump, my concern was/is the young players. How did the administration not see this coming a mile away. Actually they did. They loved the publicity, the interest etc. What did they get for it? Darn shame. DIAA is to blame as well. Could have should have stomped this out week one, when it was the takeover, and all the transfers along with text messages to young kids. DIAA and DMA administration are to blame.

Coach will have another gig in PHL by end of the week. What about the kids. DIAA going to block transfers? DMA going to block transfers? Now that will be a real $hit show. So I am guessing that is exactly what will happen!

BD- would clean it up in a minute and give school credibility NOW. However, witheverything that has gone down, and what is still there. May take him many years to break the record.

This comes as a surprise to no one. I figured as much when they started downgrading their schedule

I never understood the DMA hype. For my short time here on this page, you always see them mentioned among the better teams or team that could win it all. Have you really looked at their record and who they played over the past two seasons? And then throw in all the BS posturing, unscrupulous recruiting, and downright cheating. What a crumb.

So was the Nick Lincoln show worth it for DMA’s football name to be disgraced? Here’s what he yielded:

In 2021, Lincoln’s first season…they went 11-2. Impressive. Right? Not so fast my friends! Here’s who they played and each teams records:

McKean 1-9
Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Red Lion 2-8
Newark 5-5
Howard 5-5
Concord (twice) 4-6

DMA was 1-2 against teams with winning records (St Marks and Archmere, who DMA lost to twice one of which was a drubbing).

But then we were assured that 2022, DMA would #reload and would #earnit with #inteGRITy and the #302Takeover would continue even though they were inviting #anyoneanywhere…including the #bigdawgs of the state! So let’s recap Lincoln’s 2022 campaign.

DMA was 5-6. Here’s how they got their 5 wins:

Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
McKean 1-9 (score was 27-14)
Newark 5-5
Concord 4-6

Against teams with a record over .500 DMA was 0-6.

So if you’re keeping score, Nick Lincoln was 1-8 against teams with a winning record in the past two seasons, all while cheating and recruiting.

Again, super shocked DMA was ever really mentioned as a top team in the state.

Oh. And finally. Never forget.

It was released on twitter Jan 19, DaDude01 just saw it cause he uses twatter. I like twatter, just saying…please don’t make me explain what twatter is. It’s kinda like that episode of Seinfeld when George’s girlfriend allowed him to eat a sandwich in the bed while they were shagging lol

2 Years and running same story. Year plus, my commentary was never about the coach but the program. So now what, all the young DMA guys are out? Recruited or not, promises made (empty at that) and now what. From the jump, my concern was/is the young players. How did the administration not see this coming a mile away. Actually they did. They loved the publicity, the interest etc. What did they get for it? Darn shame. DIAA is to blame as well. Could have should have stomped this out week one, when it was the takeover, and all the transfers along with text messages to young kids. DIAA and DMA administration are to blame.

Coach will have another gig in PHL by end of the week. What about the kids. DIAA going to block transfers? DMA going to block transfers? Now that will be a real $hit show. So I am guessing that is exactly what will happen!

BD- would clean it up in a minute and give school credibility NOW. However, witheverything that has gone down, and what is still there. May take him many years to break the record.
Done deal…BD needs state time to help pension from MHS years

Reactions: Woody_Wood
I never understood the DMA hype. For my short time here on this page, you always see them mentioned among the better teams or team that could win it all. Have you really looked at their record and who they played over the past two seasons? And then throw in all the BS posturing, unscrupulous recruiting, and downright cheating. What a crumb.

So was the Nick Lincoln show worth it for DMA’s football name to be disgraced? Here’s what he yielded:

In 2021, Lincoln’s first season…they went 11-2. Impressive. Right? Not so fast my friends! Here’s who they played and each teams records:

McKean 1-9
Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Red Lion 2-8
Newark 5-5
Howard 5-5
Concord (twice) 4-6

DMA was 1-2 against teams with winning records (St Marks and Archmere, who DMA lost to twice one of which was a drubbing).

But then we were assured that 2022, DMA would #reload and would #earnit with #inteGRITy and the #302Takeover would continue even though they were inviting #anyoneanywhere…including the #bigdawgs of the state! So let’s recap Lincoln’s 2022 campaign.

Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Newark 5-5
Concord 4-6

So if you’re keeping score, Nick Lincoln was 1-8 against teams with a winning record in the past two seasons, all while cheating and recruiting.

Bahahahahah

Don't think that Sallies under the BD regime weren't recruiting. You would be naive to believe that. To your other question, DIAA is really looking to significantly overhaul the Transfer rule in DE. Would not be surprised if athletic transfers were something they won't allow in the near future.

McKean 1-9
Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Red Lion 2-8
Newark 5-5
Howard 5-5
Concord (twice) 4-6

Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Newark 5-5
Concord 4-6

Great analysis. I didn't realize they were beating up on the lower teams. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Don't think that Sallies under the BD regime weren't recruiting. You would be naive to believe that. To your other question, DIAA is really looking to significantly overhaul the Transfer rule in DE. Would not be surprised if athletic transfers were something they won't allow in the near future.
"Would not be surprised if athletic transfers were something they won't allow in the near future."

Bad news for a school in lower NC County and one across the border in Kent.

Athletic transfers are against the rules now. So how do you determine ones intent on why they transferred? Proving the move was for athletic purpose is difficult beyond the parents admitting it.

I suppose you could go back to 1 free xfer before 10th grade and any other xfer afterwards you sit a year and no waivers. The problem with this is it's been challenged in other states supreme courts and the courts ruled on the side of the student being able to go what school he wants and if the student is in good academic standing and legally enrolled in the school (not using fake addresses and what not to attend that school) then the student should be eligible for all after school activities offered in every case

So then it goes back to being able to "prove" recruiting and athletic purpose was the reason for the transfer.. tough to do. Mostly any proof that gets offered is purely circumstantial evidence. The Holman situation last year is a prime example. Everyone and their brother knows his xfer to Smyrna was football motivated but you can't prove it.

Reactions: InsideKnowledge
Athletic transfers are against the rules now. So how do you determine ones intent on why they transferred? Proving the move was for athletic purpose is difficult beyond the parents admitting it.

I suppose you could go back to 1 free xfer before 10th grade and any other xfer afterwards you sit a year and no waivers. The problem with this is it's been challenged in other states supreme courts and the courts ruled on the side of the student being able to go what school he wants and if the student is in good academic standing and legally enrolled in the school (not using fake addresses and what not to attend that school) then the student should be eligible for all after school activities offered in every case

So then it goes back to being able to "prove" recruiting and athletic purpose was the reason for the transfer.. tough to do. Mostly any proof that gets offered is purely circumstantial evidence. The Holman situation last year is a prime example. Everyone and their brother knows his xfer to Smyrna was football motivated but you can't prove it.
Yeah, will be interesting to see what DIAA moves to. They still have the 1 free xfer prior to junior year now, and that chaps their butts. They have denied a lot of waivers this year, some that even have got to the point where parents have threatened lawsuits and that is when DIAA backs down (even when they have had clear proof the xfer was specifically for athletics)

Reactions: BackinBlack86
We shall see. When they are hell bent on something, they seem to move quicker.

When Kevin Charles was at the helm. Waivers were much more difficult to get. You really had to prove a hardship and a you could forget about a senior transfer getting one. Of course back then transferring as a junior or senior was very rare. Pretty much the only waivers getting approved was transferring to zoned public from a private under financial hardship. Even then you needed some proof of the financial burden.

I suppose killing school choice and you have to go to zoned public or a private, charter, tech would curb some of it but that is against the currents trends. School Choice is a political hot button in many states.

Last edited:
When Charles was there and it was so much more difficult, that school in lower NCC was still a top program, from D1 into D2 and now so the narrative that it’s due to transfers is ….. when they had 500 students it was because of the feeder program now it’s the transfers. Wow

You can tell it's the off season when this turns into the transfer/recruiting gossip board. If you have any REAL proof contact DIAA. If not continuing gossiping.

Could you make all transfers ineligible for post season? This way they can transfer if it’s school related. There will be the opportunity to attend the after school programs. If this can be done it would eliminate most of the transfer for athletic reasons.

McKean 1-9
Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Red Lion 2-8
Newark 5-5
Howard 5-5
Concord (twice) 4-6

Delcastle 3-7
Conrad 3-7
Newark 5-5
Concord 4-6

Last time I will post about Lincoln, but just wanted to go into a little more detail than the above post. I have DMA 2-7 against teams with winning records during Lincoln’s time as a head coach there. How does that compare to other D2 teams over the same time frame-here we go
woodbridge 7-6
archmere 13-2
caravel 8-3
friends 12-2
st marks 4-6
tower hill 3-7
DMA 2-7

That stat speaks for itself, Lincoln is a complete fraud as a football coach, loves to toot his and his teams own horn, but flat out does not come close to being half the football coach that these other programs have in Delaware. #302takeoever, that is a complete joke. And by the way, The 2 wins they had were against St Marks in 2021 who lost in the playoffs 41-0 and Newark in 2022 who lost in the playoffs 42-0. Unimaginable that this guy gets another head coaching job, he should be lucky to get a grade school job.
P.S. People love to say Tower Hill doesn’t play anyone, well they played more winning teams than DMA played the last two years and they won more games against those teams than DMA did the last two years. DMA wants shots at the tops teams, truth is they played less above %.500 teams than any of these other teams. SMH! All I can say is COMPLETE FRAUD!

Last time I will post about Lincoln, but just wanted to go into a little more detail than the above post. I have DMA 2-7 against teams with winning records during Lincoln’s time as a head coach there. How does that compare to other D2 teams over the same time frame-here we go
woodbridge 7-6
archmere 13-2
caravel 8-3
friends 12-2
st marks 4-6
tower hill 3-7
DMA 2-7

That stat speaks for itself, Lincoln is a complete fraud as a football coach, loves to toot his and his teams own horn, but flat out does not come close to being half the football coach that these other programs have in Delaware. #302takeoever, that is a complete joke. And by the way, The 2 wins they had were against St Marks in 2021 who lost in the playoffs 41-0 and Newark in 2022 who lost in the playoffs 42-0. Unimaginable that this guy gets another head coaching job, he should be lucky to get a grade school job.
P.S. People love to say Tower Hill doesn’t play anyone, well they played more winning teams than DMA played the last two years and they won more games against those teams than DMA did the last two years. DMA wants shots at the tops teams, truth is they played less above %.500 teams than any of these other teams. SMH! All I can say is COMPLETE FRAUD!

Well damn.. I am going to miss him. I was looking forward to another fun offseason of his shenanigans and us blasting him on here. Hell I was hoping @302takeover would make a return appearance here or at least @Longagoplayer .. :p

Could you make all transfers ineligible for post season? This way they can transfer if it’s school related. There will be the opportunity to attend the after school programs. If this can be done it would eliminate most of the transfer for athletic reasons.
The PIAA basically acknowledges that it is nearly impossible to determine whether a transfer is done for athletic purposes, so it doesn't even really bother to investigate that. Instead, from their manual: "For that reason, the Board of Directors has determined that, with few exceptions, any students who transfer after playing a sport in their 10th grade year shall not be eligible to participate in the ensuing PIAA tournament in that sport. The student, if otherwise eligible, may participate in that sport only during the regular season."

This is for out-of-season transfers only, and waivers can be obtained, but it is not an easy process.

The PIAA basically acknowledges that it is nearly impossible to determine whether a transfer is done for athletic purposes, so it doesn't even really bother to investigate that. Instead, from their manual: "For that reason, the Board of Directors has determined that, with few exceptions, any students who transfer after playing a sport in their 10th grade year shall not be eligible to participate in the ensuing PIAA tournament in that sport. The student, if otherwise eligible, may participate in that sport only during the regular season."

This is for out-of-season transfers only, and waivers can be obtained, but it is not an easy process.
What is the case then with the kid that left St Es this season, his senior year and transferred to Roman. He is playing the basketball post season

What is the case then with the kid that left St Es this season, his senior year and transferred to Roman. He is playing the basketball post season

As is the case with all the states association rules if you move then you are eligible at the new school whether that be your zoned public or a private. Moving trumps all the other stuff.

Last edited:
You can tell it's the off season when this turns into the transfer/recruiting gossip board. If you have any REAL proof contact DIAA. If not continuing gossiping.
Contact them for what? Proof with receipts have been delivered to them the past two years regarding specific transfers and even recruiting. They really won't do anything unless the whistle blower is willing to be part of the hearing.

Yes, this could be done. Really, anything, they just need to draft regulations around it

Contact them for what? Proof with receipts have been delivered to them the past two years regarding specific transfers and even recruiting. They really won't do anything unless the whistle blower is willing to be part of the hearing.

and the whistle blower is usually from within the program and doesn't want to be known so nothing comes back on their kid.

I believe about 10 percent of what I read on here regarding recruiting and such. Most of it is people with an agenda. I find it laughable actually. I'll continue laughing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT