ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Lincoln OUT of DMA

Last time I will post about Lincoln, but just wanted to go into a little more detail than the above post. I have DMA 2-7 against teams with winning records during Lincoln’s time as a head coach there. How does that compare to other D2 teams over the same time frame-here we go
woodbridge 7-6
archmere 13-2
caravel 8-3
friends 12-2
st marks 4-6
tower hill 3-7
DMA 2-7

That stat speaks for itself, Lincoln is a complete fraud as a football coach, loves to toot his and his teams own horn, but flat out does not come close to being half the football coach that these other programs have in Delaware. #302takeoever, that is a complete joke. And by the way, The 2 wins they had were against St Marks in 2021 who lost in the playoffs 41-0 and Newark in 2022 who lost in the playoffs 42-0. Unimaginable that this guy gets another head coaching job, he should be lucky to get a grade school job.
P.S. People love to say Tower Hill doesn’t play anyone, well they played more winning teams than DMA played the last two years and they won more games against those teams than DMA did the last two years. DMA wants shots at the tops teams, truth is they played less above %.500 teams than any of these other teams. SMH! All I can say is COMPLETE FRAUD!
I think I missed one win in Lincoln’s first year so they were 3-7 against teams with winning records during Lincoln’s tenure. Exactly the same as Tower Hill. Not sure who should be disappointed in that stat? Should Tower be pissed they had the same record as DMA or should DMA be pissed they had the same record as Tower Hill- Thoughts?

I think I missed one win in Lincoln’s first year so they were 3-7 against teams with winning records during Lincoln’s tenure. Exactly the same as Tower Hill. Not sure who should be disappointed in that stat? Should Tower be pissed they had the same record as DMA or should DMA be pissed they had the same record as Tower Hill- Thoughts?
Tower Hill coach still has a job!

So how does DN fix the school's problems by taking the HC job? If everyone thinks Lincoln was the only problem then they are off by 4. Coaches players parents teachers and ADM are all equally to blame. DN is not the cure. A total house cleaning needs to happen.

Reactions: Dadof3smartkids
So how does DN fix the school's problems by taking the HC job? If everyone thinks Lincoln was the only problem then they are off by 4. Coaches players parents teachers and ADM are all equally to blame. DN is not the cure. A total house cleaning needs to happen.
I have no idea but you gotta start somewhere, right?

Hearing BDN is headed to DMA.
Sals may be going out of state for their new coach.
The BDN exit is beyond me but why go out of state to replace him?

Dan Ritter is like a mile to your East. The man can flat out coach. DelleDonne could be his OC. The answer is right in front of them.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
So are you saying Ritter is a better coach than BDN? Just for clarification

No, I didn't say that... so no clarification is needed. As BDN is not coming back next year as the Sals head football coach, what are the best options out there?

My point is that Ritt can flat out coach. Maybe he wouldn't be interested in the Sals job. Who knows?

My response is basically to the Husker "out of state" comment.

I think BDN would be a great choice at DMA. DMA needs someone to clean up that mess over there.

As far as the Sals going out of state that's a joke considering what they have in house and in the surrounding area.

DN will have to deal with the DB AD and the numbnuts running the place. I don't think he will be able to get anything cleaned up because that would mean the two will have to admit there is a lack of... institutional control. So, on another note regarding DN, what does he do with everyone involved in the number switching fiasco...act like it didn't happen...chat with the team about character...this is the tip of the iceberg on what he is walking into if he takes the job.

Reactions: MTownCavs09
Sallies trying to go National and bring someone in with the knowledge of a national schedule. There’s rumblings going on about how they feel disrespected by DIAA.
Sallies does not and will not get the talent to go to a national schedule. They would also have to remove themselves from DIAA and not sure school administration nor alumni will support that. As that means there is no more competing for a State Championship

Sallies trying to go National and bring someone in with the knowledge of a national schedule. There’s rumblings going on about how they feel disrespected by DIAA.
As a Sals fan, I find that flabbergasting. (is that a word) Wanting to go national? Hell, they got shutout by Sussex Central, run out by Smyrna, blew a 10 point 4th Q lead to Appo, fell apart at MDT in playoffs....national? How about winning here in DE?

DIAA got them a regular season schedule with their realignment of a couple years ago. ..it was something they couldn't have done without DIAA.

My God, MTCav, I hope you are wrong. Where the hell did you hear that?

For the record, I like Otis Redding's version of Respect better than Aretha Franklin's.

As a Sals fan, I find that flabbergasting. (is that a word) Wanting to go national? Hell, they got shutout by Sussex Central, run out by Smyrna, blew a 10 point 4th Q lead to Appo, fell apart at MDT in playoffs....national? How about winning here in DE?

DIAA got them a regular season schedule with their realignment of a couple years ago. ..it was something they couldn't have done without DIAA.

For the record, I like Otis Redding's version of Respect better than Aretha Franklin's.

I completely agree with you!

It’s the way I felt about DMA reaching outside of their class when they literally hadn’t won anything (pretty sure they just got their first playoff wins two years ago). Look how that ultimately turned out.

Win your class. Win it a few years by dominating…you’ll see it ain’t that easy! Then maybe try reaching beyond your state!

But the big question to me has always been “WHY??!!” Why the rush to become “national”? I mean, we just saw the list of kids graduating and the schools they are heading to. The whole state has what, 30 kids playing college football? And that’s across three divisions. And what was the top school? Temple? UD? And that was what, 3 kids?

Is Delaware just going to start sprouting legit D1 talent because Sallies is now going to play a national schedule? It’s a weird fixation.

Reactions: InsideKnowledge

Just hearing they wanna try and run a schedule equal to what they have with Lacrosse and Soccer. But with football, an equal schedule would be somewhat of a national schedule. I agree with the statement, win here first, however, given the location of the school and the surrounding area……and the “assistance” to go there, it could be a home to some high caliber talent if it were to look in that direction.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Got it! back a couple decades ago, their schedule was regional in a sense…with real good competition from Coatesville, Malvern, Downingtown &. some decent Baltimore Poly teams.
I am sure it is GDD’s job if he wants it.
It is still a high profile job…

in two years his most impressive win was a 31-0 loss to Malvern. hard to argue that he should not have been let go.

maybe not even that impressive. Malvern Prep finished 3rd in the Inter-Ac behind Haverford and Episcopal losing to both of them. just saying

Got it! back a couple decades ago, their schedule was regional in a sense…with real good competition from Coatesville, Malvern, Downingtown &. some decent Baltimore Poly teams.
Prior to late 90s, Sallies played a predominantly out of state schedule. In state opponents were really only WP and St Mark's. They played top teams in Western PA, MD, NJ. They had significant talent back then, but more importantly way better coaching top to bottom.

Prior to late 90s, Sallies played a predominantly out of state schedule. In state opponents were really only WP and St Mark's. They played top teams in Western PA, MD, NJ. They had significant talent back then, but more importantly way better coaching top to bottom.
BDN‘s teams won 3 state titles in his first 6 years as Sals coach. Not bad. Yet, we know the results in the last decade. Inside, give me the scoop on the coaching deterioration. I am not knowledgeable on this. What happened?

Reactions: fanoffootball123
BDN is a great coach. Anyone who played for him will tell you, his playbook is more up to date then you would think based on what he shows, but, if he has equal talent as opposition , he Wins.

They played those other teams primarily because they couldn't find enough public schools in Delaware to play them. Two St. Mark's parents filed suit against the Blue Hen Conference in the 1970s because the BHC would not admit the Spartans, and St. Mark's had trouble filling out its schedule. As part of the settlement, the BHC did not have to admit them, but a number of its schools were required to schedule St. Mark's and Salesianum in various sports.
When I was at Sallies in the mid-80s, we played William Penn and Newark basically every year, the two best teams in the BHC.

A Sals fan once quipped “George throws the ball every time it snows in Egypt”.

His teams were very physical….hard hitting bunch of hombres…

Reactions: Woody_Wood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT