ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions

delawarenole

Top 100 Prospect
Mar 29, 2002
Round 1

1 Cape v Appo - Cape wins. Closer then first time but still 7-8 goal win.
8 DMA v Dover - DMA wins a good game.
4 Sanford v Lake - Sanford wins, closer then expected.
5 Archmere v Smyrna - Archmere wins

2 Tatnal v IR - Tatnall wins by 5+
7 .Middletown v Cr - CR wins easily.
3 Sals v Milford - Sals gets back on track and wins handily.
6 Tower hill v Charter - I have no idea, will go TH

Round 2

Cape vs DMA - Cape big
Sanford vs Archmere - Great game, think Sanford pulls it out

Tatnall vs CR - CR in the upset
Sals vs TH - Sal easily.

Round 3

Cape vs Sanford - Cape wins
CR vs Sals - Sals pulls out in a good game

Round 4

Cape vs Sals - Sals gets revenge and pulls it out in a great game.

First round will have all top seeds win by blow out. CR will be only low seed win, not even calling it an upset for obvious reasons. Will be a blow out as well. THS vs CSW might be the only close game but I think THS cruises.

Sals will drop 30 on the Milf

I would pick Archmere in the mild upset and agree on a CR upset

Cape over Archmere, Sals easily over CR. Sals gets revenge+ with a lopsided win over Cape for the title.

I would love to see the Sals get a shot at Stanford.

Hopefully you meant Sanford, pretty sure they would get killed by Stanford lol, I know what you meant just couldn’t pass up the opportunity!

First round will have all top seeds win by blow out. CR will be only low seed win, not even calling it an upset for obvious reasons. Will be a blow out as well. THS vs CSW might be the only close game but I think THS cruises.

Sals will drop 30 on the Milf

I would pick Archmere in the mild upset and agree on a CR upset

Cape over Archmere, Sals easily over CR. Sals gets revenge+ with a lopsided win over Cape for the title.
You’re smoking crack if you think sallies will beat cape, let alone have a lopsided victory.

Reactions: Teambucket17
You’re smoking crack if you think sallies will beat cape, let alone have a lopsided victory.

Think Sallies might beat them - lopsided yeah thats a stretch.

My thought process is that its always hard to be a good team twice. Thought Sals seem to have some injuries on D and are struggling there.

I think every year Cape has beaten Sallies in the final, Sallies has been the "better" team. This year, I'm not so sure. I don't know if there has ever been another year like this where Cape has been truly up to par with Sallies. There is even an argument that can be made that Cape is more talented than Sals this year. That being said, it is very hard to beat a good team twice. Sallies would be the first team to tell you this. Every year Sallies whoops up on in-state competition but when it comes to the championship round, the game is always competitive, sometimes resulting in a Sallies upset.

I'm excited to see this game, but I am not not picking a winner as I'm split 50/50. Think the game will basically come down to who wants it more and I'm not gonna judge what team has more of a desire to win from behind a keyboard.

I think every year Cape has beaten Sallies in the final, Sallies has been the "better" team. This year, I'm not so sure. I don't know if there has ever been another year like this where Cape has been truly up to par with Sallies. There is even an argument that can be made that Cape is more talented than Sals this year. That being said, it is very hard to beat a good team twice. Sallies would be the first team to tell you this. Every year Sallies whoops up on in-state competition but when it comes to the championship round, the game is always competitive, sometimes resulting in a Sallies upset.

I'm excited to see this game, but I am not not picking a winner as I'm split 50/50. Think the game will basically come down to who wants it more and I'm not gonna judge what team has more of a desire to win from behind a keyboard.

Agreed I will absolutely be there. As I have said before Cape beating Sals is goodmfor DE lacrosse. Will be fun to watch.

DMA best down tonight. After losing to them in season. Pretty impressive. TH win against charter in tight matchup. Auks roll Smyrna. Cape takes care of Appo.

What the heck is the DIAA's thinking on having all of the quarterfinal games starting at noon. I would think it would benefit them to stagger starts to allow for fans to see multiple games. I think Sanford vs. Archmere and CR vs. Tatnall will be both outstanding games to watch.

DMA best down tonight. After losing to them in season. Pretty impressive. TH win against charter in tight matchup. Auks roll Smyrna. Cape takes care of Appo.

Yea whats up with the DMA vs Dover score? How does DMA go from losing to Dover 7-6 to beating them 17-3?

What the heck is the DIAA's thinking on having all of the quarterfinal games starting at noon. I would think it would benefit them to stagger starts to allow for fans to see multiple games. I think Sanford vs. Archmere and CR vs. Tatnall will be both outstanding games to watch.

I am thinking maybe they do that so teams that would play earlier won't have an advantage by being able to scout the later games? or everyone is playing under the same weather conditions? just guessing

Both good games, think CR going to surprise some and beat Tatnall pretty good.

Yea whats up with the DMA vs Dover score? How does DMA go from losing to Dover 7-6 to beating them 17-3?

HS sports is a momentum thing. Maybe got a few early goals and all the momentum swung there way. I have seen it in football many times.

Having see both up close and personal as a Appo parent honestly think Cape is better this year.

Think Goalies are a wash
Think Attack goes Cape advantage.
Think Middies are Sallies advantage
Face Off Sallies slight advantage
Defense with the injuries Cape advantage

But I think overall the chemistry I saw from Cape was better and I really like the Best, Boyce and D'Ambrogio attack group for Cape.

Doesnt mean Sals wont win just think Cape is better but both are close so anything can happen in that game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT