ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scenarios

Dec 8, 2020
Where are my guys at with all the who can play who, and if this happens vs. that happens. This is when I expected all the number geeks to come out with the play-off scenarios. This is the fun time.
Looks to me, there is still some play to go, however: This is just seeding not my selections on who wins, etc. That will still depend on match-ups.

3A:
Top 2 Seeds:
Sallies and Smyrna

2A:
Little tricky:
Friends
Caravel or St. Marks get the 2/3
Howard?

1A:
Not sure it matters:
Laurel and St. E's in Finals
Rooting like heck for the boys @ Wilmington, just not sure they can get it done up front.

You all are much better at this then me, so will wait to hear.

Just have to wait on points to see how it shakes out in 2A. I am curious to see who falls in seeding due to weak strength of schedule and what the first round games will look like. You are probably correct on 3 and 1.

I think right now for 2A it will be Caravel with the #1 and Friends #2, after that it will be Howard and then it will be either St Marks or Archmere with the 4th seed and then the other will get the 5th seed.

Doesn't the top three playoff spots in 2A go to the winner of each district? If that's the case St Mark's will be in the top three. I can't see them losing to Del Castle or McDupont. My top three would be Caravel, Friends and St Mark's in that order.

Sals and Smyrna will be the two top teams in 3A. Whomever wins this weekend will be the top team in the playoffs.

Laurel and St Ez will be the top two in 1A. In that order. St Ez will lose to Caravel so they will get the lower seeding.

It's too early to predict the rest of the playoff order in any class. Too much can happen between now and November 12.

i don’t think winning division makes you a top seed. last year the top seeds were Archmere-Woodbridge-friends and Caravel- DMA won their division but were the 5 seed

Playoff Outlook After Week 7

1A District 1 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: St.E, Charter, St. Andrew’s

*Tatnall in with win vs Glasgow Saturday
1A District 2 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: Laurel, Odessa, Seaford
2A District 1 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: St. Mark’s, DMA, Newark

*Concord in with win vs Conrad Saturday
2A District 2 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: Friends, Howard, Tower Hill

*Archmere in with win over Brandywine Saturday
2A District 3 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: Caravel
3A- Top 3 from each district. Final 2 bids determined by highest point index

3A District 1

In: Sals, Appo, Middletown
3A District 2

In: Smyrna, Sussex Central, Dover

Playoff Outlook After Week 7

1A District 1 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: St.E, Charter, St. Andrew’s

*Tatnall in with win vs Glasgow Saturday
1A District 2 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: Laurel, Odessa, Seaford
2A District 1 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: St. Mark’s, DMA, Newark

*Concord in with win vs Conrad Saturday
2A District 2 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: Friends, Howard, Tower Hill

*Archmere in with win over Brandywine Saturday
2A District 3 (Top 4 in district qualify)

In: Caravel
3A- Top 3 from each district. Final 2 bids determined by highest point index

3A District 1

In: Sals, Appo, Middletown
3A District 2

In: Smyrna, Sussex Central, Dover
Pretty sure Concord is in and Archmere is in. Archmere will be 3rd in their Division not tower hill

Reactions: Woody_Wood
I didn’t do seeds, just bids. True bids, not what If.
Archmere is not in yet, could still be caught by Brandywine.
Concord not in, can still be overtaken by McKean.

Archmere can only be caught by tower hill if they lose they will have the same division record and they beat tower hill which is 1st tie breaker, Concord same thing, they can be caught by Mckean but they beat Mckean.

That’s wrong. Concord is 2-2, McKean is 2-3. If Mckean wins their last district game, and Concord loses their last 2, McKean is in.
As for Archmere, they have one district game left (Brandywine)
Brandywine has 3 district games left. If they were to somehow win out, they’re in, Archmere would be out.
And Tower Hill is in. Can only be tied by mount or B’wine, both of whome they’ve beaten

Husker didn’t realize Brandywine had 3 division games left., ur right, i just looked at the record and threw them out

Reactions: Huskerman7
i'm glad you guys are here for this because my head is already spinning

the-simpsons-bart-simpsons.gif

Reactions: Huskerman7
Cape Henlopen will make the playoffs. They will upset Dover in the first round earning their first playoff win in 3 decades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT