ADVERTISEMENT

Polk Out at DIAA

I don't think it came out of the blue. She had been on probation and the Sunset Committee was really considering disbanding the DIAA last year. That is what led to her being on probation. The timing is just really bad. The board never actually gets anything done and now with no ED, all hell will break loose. In addition, they are having an emergency board meeting next week and I saw on FB someone posted the agenda. The officials negotiating is a hot topic again. To the point, all of fall sports may be in jeopardy.

I don't think it came out of the blue. She had been on probation and the Sunset Committee was really considering disbanding the DIAA last year. That is what led to her being on probation. The timing is just really bad. The board never actually gets anything done and now with no ED, all hell will break loose. In addition, they are having an emergency board meeting next week and I saw on FB someone posted the agenda. The officials negotiating is a hot topic again. To the point, all of fall sports may be in jeopardy.

wtf is Sunset Committee?

pnzJTq3.gif

wtf is Sunset Committee?

pnzJTq3.gif
The committee is made up of 5 representatives and 5 senators and they review various state boards, commissions, agencies, etc., to determine whether they should continue. This committee was the one that told DIAA to adopt new language regarding out of season coaching — 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure anyone can submit a public body for review by the sunset committee.
Regarding the officials, the athletic directors association and the various officials organizations had agreed to a 5-year deal, but when it came up for a vote last summer, the DIAA's attorney recommended that they go year to year instead. The DIAA board did what the lawyer said to do, and it's going to cost the schools.

ommittee is made up of 5 representatives and 5 senators and they review various state boards, commissions, agencies, etc., to determine whether they should continue. This committee was the one that told DIAA to adopt new language regarding out of season coaching — 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure anyone can submit a public body for review by the sunset committee.
Regarding the officials, the athletic directors association and the various officials organizations had agreed to a 5-year deal, but when it came up for a vote last summer, the DIAA's attorney recommended that they go year to year instead. The DIAA board did what the lawyer said to do, and it's going to cost the schools.

thank you for the edumacation.. so were getting deeper into the politics of it all..

be96d0e2-341d-4fb1-aa6d-5167517ce70e_text.gif

Reactions: InsideKnowledge
All of this sounds like our crusading local paper needs to put a few? crack reporters on the case for an in-depth story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT