ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: sals is beatable

May 29, 2013
I understand its still only the summer but looking at the key pieces that sales lost a major part of their offense. The amount of attention those extremely athletic midfielders sought last year allowed Reeder to go against other teams midfielders who still were able to keep him in front of them, and it also covered up for their attacks inability to consistently create their own shots in settled offense. Colby was a dominate faceoff Man but was also a complete liability on offense with no major stick skills or comfort. Though they will remain a terrific defense a veteran team who is able to move the ball well can score on them as looking as they handle the on ball defense. The lack of athleticism on offense as well as having to rely on Troy Reeder who is focused primarily on football and to be honest not a very skillful player leads me to believe that teams like cape who are getting their goalie back from injury, as well as other veteran teams such as cr and Tower hill have a legitimate shot to hang around with sallies

The poll thingee doesn't work.
"You forgot to select an answer" is the result I get after voting. There has to be a yes or no choice

If you wants to see Sals in a competitive game versus Delaware players, schedule Sals vs DE All Stars.

Sals is on the national level, no other DE school is even close to that level, 10+ goal differential is in the future for teams playing Sals. I'm sure there are some new transfers coming in like always for Sals, which makes a huge difference.

This argument has been made every year for the last 5 years or so. No matter how many times people try to identify holes left by graduating players, Sallies returns as a very talented and well-coached team. Beating Sallies is not a matter of shutting down individual players, but playing great team defense and stopping their offensive system. I would love to sit in on one of their practices to see how Coach Healy teaches his offense - his players seem to know and understand it well every year.
But no team is unbeatable, any underdog can play a great game on a given day and upset a huge favorite. See the 2008 and 2010 seasons. In 2008, one of the most talented Sallies team in recent years lost the championship in a 1 goal game following an undefeated regular season. They lost to Cape, who Sallies had beaten early in the season by about 9 goals.
In 2010, Tower Hill upset Sallies in the championship after losing earlier in the season. Sallies once again came into the title game undefeated against Delaware high schools.
Both of those years, most outsiders annointed Sallies state champions before the season started. While Sallies is the big favorite, no team is perfect.

Sallies return 2 defensive starters Freibott and Urban and have Renninger , Freeborn, Lyons, and McCarthy more than ready to play . At midfield they return Troy Reeder and will have Sanzone ,Reeder , Bianchino, ready to replace the graduated midfield.They will also get midfield help from Garrabrandt ,Baldi, Cannon and a few incoming freshman. At goalie Kern returns without him last year they would have been in trouble in some of the out of state games. At attack, they return Kelly and Fink they also return Witherell . When Witherell played they were much better on offensive. The weakness in the one attack position was apparent against any good team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT