ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season Games & Awards

Funny how people think Sals recruits and CR doesn't. Out of CRs 35 player roster you think they all live in the district?
Conference realignment is a great idea that will never happen.
Sals/CR/Cape NOT playing for the same state title is a JOKE, when is the last public school team to beat Cape besides CR or Appo?

yes

Funny how people think Sals recruits and CR doesn't. Out of CRs 35 player roster you think they all live in the district?
Conference realignment is a great idea that will never happen.
Sals/CR/Cape NOT playing for the same state title is a JOKE, when is the last public school team to beat Cape besides CR or Appo?
I believe the last public school to beat Cape besides CR was Brandywine in 2005

Reactions: Tarzan79
All State is a joke, I don't care what the AI kid's story is there's no way he's one of the top poles in the state.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. There is like 7 or 8 kids were I am scratching my head. The whole process of coaches meeting and pushing thier kids and negotiating is the problem. Non conference teams get screwed becuase conferences cut deals - you give me these 2 I will vote for your kid etc - and at the end of the day some of the best kids didnt get anything. Politics.

The in-state transfer might play great travel but he doesn't play at the level the next incoming group plays at. There's no comparison. There's no pole in Delaware HS right now that can transfer to Sallies and gets minute of playing time.

As far as it being unfair, Sallies is what it is. Everybody is always taking players away from someone. Delaware public schools will grab a transfer in a heartbeat. Not everyone in CR was in the CR system their entire career and if a great Dover or Poly kid decided to transfer to CR, CR would grab them in a heartbeat.

All that matters is CR had an amazing season and was within a goal or 2 almost the entire game. For about half the game I really felt like CR was going to pull the upset. CR and Cape play elite out of state teams and would play more if they could. I don't see the need to penalize Sals or diminish their accomplishments, especially since CR had a great season and played them very well the 2nd time around.

For all of their success, Sals are still beatable and CR was very close for a long time in that game. I guarantee Sals staff will work hard to fix problems they saw yesterday, not like they are just kicking their feet up and recruiting players. They put in a lot of work and probably see a lot of work that they still need to do.

Your last comment got me thinking and I was talking to them the other day - they are already watching film and breakingdown "what went wrong" in those last two games.

They get good kids but they coach them up too. Good coaches.

2018 Delaware All-State Boys Lacrosse

FIRST TEAM

Name Position School Grade

Will Niebrzydowski Attack Dover 12

Patrick Drake Attack Salesianum 12

Eric Pincus Attack Wilmington Friends 12

Mitchell Moyer Attack Archmere 11

Brett Hobbs Midfield Salesianum 12

Demetrius Stevenson Midfield Caesar Rodney 2

Markus Cook Midfield Delaware Military 12

Peyton McNeill Midfield Wilmington Friends 11

Colin Fowler Defense Salesianum 11

Chad Connors Defense Wilmington Friends 12

Christian Kobosko Defense Delaware Military 12

Colin Kennedy Defense Salesianum 10

Liam Zolper FO Cape Henlopen 12

Chad Cannon LSM/DM Salesianum 11

Brady Emmi Goalkeeper Salesianum 12

Second Team

Tommy Bloom Attack Sanford 11

Luke D’Ambrogi Attack Cape Henlopen 11

Noah Longest Attack Caesar Rodney 12

Cole Bauer Midfield Archmere 11

Tre Tillman Midfield MOT Charter 12

Jack Dennis Midfield Cape Henlopen 11

River Harper Midfield Wilmington Friends 12

Cole Palmer Defense Dover 12

Brooks Buck Defense Cape Henlopen 12

Myles Lawrence Defense Caesar Rodney 12

Tim Lucky FO Sanford 9

Nate Ruhl FO Wilmington Friends 12

Nicholas Redd LSM/DM Wilmington Friends 10

Cole Hiller Goalkeeper Tatnall 11

Third Team

Connor Garrison Attack Appoquinimink 10

Logan Falconetti Attack Salesianum 11

Cooper Urban Attack Salesianum 12

Ian Noonan Midfield St. Mark’s 12

Brad Santore Midfield Salesianum 11

Jamison Young Midfield Caravel 10

Ryan Whelan Defense Archmere 12

Jared Pheasant Defense St. Georges Tech 11

Nolan Brockmeyer Defense Caesar Rodney 11

Zane Fracek FO Archmere 11

Tim Kelley LSM/DM Cape Henlopen 12

Evan McCleary LSM/DM Caesar Rodney 11

Mitch Meckley Goalkeeper Appoquinimink 12

Honorable Mention

Josh Cosden Attack Caesar Rodney 12

Pat O’Brien Attack Polytech 12

Gabe Best Attack Cape Henlopen 9

Campbell Garrison Midfield Appoquinimink 2

Zach Trabaudo Midfield Polytech 2

Jared Wagenhoffer Midfield Caesar Rodney 12

Kai Taylor Midfield Wilmington Charter 12

Nate Ruoss Defense Tatnall 10

Luke Marshall Defense A.I. DuPont 12
Cam Marion Defense Salesianum 10

Garrett Myre Goalkeeper Caravel 12

CR & Cape, each got 1 player on first team while WF 3 & DMA 2.....Appo 0

Would it hurt to do All American voting first and not include those 8 kids in the All State to open up 8 more spots for players. If you're considered 1 of the 8 best players in the state does All State matter?

Reactions: delawarenole
That’s how All American is picked though. You need to be first team all state to be considered. And that vote is done after the all state meeting. I can tell you the whole process is a joke. Ask most of the coaches who make the playoffs they hate all state meeting.

Reactions: delawarenole
Is that wrong to me or someone else because my statement is 100% correct.

No that was in regards to all the CR kids living in district between those 2. Personally I dont care if they do or not, want some competition for Sallies.

Appo has kids from Middletown boundries they choice in - all happen to be good lacrosse players.

But when you have Achmere, Friends, Tatnall, Sallies, etc with unlimited pull - PA, NJ, DE, MD, etc - its only fair to let some public school choice happen as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT