ADVERTISEMENT

Potter's Field No More

With Sals coming in as favorites next year wherever they play will have to be able to handle fairly large crowds. Can TH handle that type of crowd? or would it be a no go for TH to allow Sals to play there?. Dont forget they have to find places to play for all the other sports that use Baynard as well

Never been to Brandywine but from google maps looks like they have the seating but is that field up kept enough to handle the pounding?

I am guessing Soccer, Field Hockey and Lax may be able to use Wilmington Universities complex on Pulaski some or even Kirkwood?

There has to be a plan already in place.( Hell, fork over the monies and play a couple of games at UD.)

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Stubbs will likely be closed as a part of Carney's Christina consolidation plan, so that means the room will exist. It's a question of whether old East Siders will get out of the way.
Stubbs is scheduled to be a Pre K Center but as I have proven I am out of the loop....

Canby pool is already planned to be taken down. That was a senator Marshall deal with state and city. The pool has markings on it ready to begin so that is happening. As for the rest who knows but again why would residents in the city not want areas that typically bring life to a dying area not to happen? If they could build for Howard why would East siders be against? If they can build Canby why would they that area of people not want it. Keep it a dump so their houses turn into a dump?

So as we roll into next year... Baynard is out of commission. Brandywine will have lights.
Conrad will have a refurbished stadium. Does DMA come on line with a new stadium next year?

Quite frankly, I think Dover has the nicest HS FB stadium in DE.

That might be a fun thing to do this off season.. take google aerial screen captures of the DE HS stadiums and make a thread on it....maybe a poll.. ill work on it and see if I can figure out how to do it

Last edited:
Test Post... Name the stadium...

47460518_10156572520565743_6665111184020078592_n.jpg

Do you boys need a hint? Look how close the stands are to the field. Look how close the fence riders are particularly in the end zone . No more hints

Last edited:
This is going to lead to an arms race.

St. E is already plotting on Canby Park and DMA will have an on campus stadium this season, where that leaves Howard, God only knows.

But a lot of memories are tied to the Baynard name and facility for folks of a certain age and the gift is nice, but it is officially the end of an era.

Gate, you said you were Howard '99? We should meet up to discuss a few things.

lol no....smh.. I can sort of see why you guys guessed that though but CA is Field Turf

the concession area gives this one away

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT