ADVERTISEMENT

POY, COY, etc.

Tournament play gonna decide it this year nobody stole it during the regular season but my dark horse for coy is stm coach although politics won't let that happen

Kyson Rawls has proved he has earned POY from what he did starting from the second half of the season last year when St. Georges lost Hamrick. He has continued his take over ability since the beginning of this year. That second round matchup against G-high should seal the deal if they can pull out a victory on the road! St. Georges has the toughest Road to the Final Four if you ask me.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Wins, impact on those wins, team success, hes a good citizen and I know people that vote and they informed me he's their guy

Believe it or not Caleb Matthews is the front runner

He is definitely gonna be getting some votes which may surprised some people so it's very possible. I would probably vote Kyson Rawls of St. George's.

Like I said, just curious. I am a voter, and as fine a player as he is, he is not my selection as POY.

From what I've seen Smyrna should have two players 1st Allstate with Rawls Davis and Cale

Reactions: J12
From what I've seen Smyrna should have two players 1st Allstate with Rawls Davis and Cale
huh
4457197.jpg

Reactions: handsdownmandown
Ralws is my vote. Kid is a straight baller. Led St. Georges to the finals by himself last year! He is an automatic bucket.

Rawls is POY. Not even close.

I would also take Griffin from SG as COY. He has taken teams to final 2 of last 3 years. I think they take it all this year.

Reactions: DDBasketballCoach
Between Rawls, Cale, Davis. The playoff should close the deal base on who take their team further. I suspect cale gets it if they win 2 games

I actually agree...no player on DE disrupts the opposing team or effects the game as much as Smyrna's Nwankwo. People just seem to cling to the number of points a player scores & allow that to sway their thinking as to how valuable a player is to a team.

i would take rawls & hyland from the same team over matthews & nwankwo, just my opinion....i think hyland gets a little overshadowed by rawls but definitely comes to play night in and night out

Reactions: pitt8179
Hyland's time is coming. Just wait he will be states best "scorer" next 2 years. Right now, Rawls trust him a lot. They get each other a lot of buckets along with there own. Need role players for a run again not as deep as last couple years.
Hyland is a D1 prospect, love this kids talent, size & IQ. He needs to add about 10-15 pounds of muscle in next 2 years but he definitely has high major possibilities.

Reactions: 84rider
Obviously my Connor Rufo post was tongue in cheek. I avoid POY predictions. Mainly because I don't have enough data to select one player as the best player of the year. I've been to about 15 games this year, but I've only seen some of the players in the conversation once. That's not enough data.

Obviously my Connor Rufo post was tongue in cheek. I avoid POY predictions. Mainly because I don't have enough data to select one player as the best player of the year. I've been to about 15 games this year, but I've only seen some of the players in the conversation once. That's not enough data.
this is what it's all about. Just a man being honest with himself and the thread, class act. Thank you @8yaz for setting the example, hopefully scumbags like @hoopsdownstate will follow your lead

Reactions: hoopcentral12
Tournament play gonna decide it this year nobody stole it during the regular season but my dark horse for coy is stm coach although politics won't let that happen
NHS have you seen them play this year? I've seen them and he seems to rely on his asst coach too much for me to vote for him. NHS your name reflects that you should vote for McCants at NHS lol. He got to the finals beating all the top talented teams and coaches except Sanford and Stan in 2012. I like McCants over stm coach in 2nd round.

Reactions: Nhs96
For DE POY pound for pound Cramer. No one in the state does what he does. Rawls is comparable to what Inge did at AI this year for real for real.

Again 8yaz. Take cramer away from mount and tell me what you truly think would happened. If you a true evaluator of talent and teams you would understand they would almost be regular without him. Regular meaning ranked 7-10 all season and not 1.

NHS have you seen them play this year? I've seen them and he seems to rely on his asst coach too much for me to vote for him. NHS your name reflects that you should vote for McCants at NHS lol. He got to the finals beating all the top talented teams and coaches except Sanford and Stan in 2012. I like McCants over stm coach in 2nd round.
Yeah I haven't seen them play this year just was saying based off bringing a program up but I'd love to see a Newark guy get it your right

Again 8yaz. Take cramer away from mount and tell me what you truly think would happened. If you a true evaluator of talent and teams you would understand they would almost be regular without him. Regular meaning ranked 7-10 all season and not 1.

And what do you think they would be if you take Ali off of Mount? Take one of the top players off of any team & they drop significantly. Take Rawls off of St. George's & they probably drop below average at best. If you take the big man off of Smyrna tell me how far they would drop?

I'm not even sure Cramer is the best player on his team.
@8yaz Cramer is not the best player in the state by far! He may get first team because ppl like seeing dunks. Has anyone seen him dribble the ball 4 times then score? A assist? A jump shot? The kid is tall and can jump his bball ability stops there. Can he develop maybe, he plays for team final which is a gd team but Ali runs that team too!

Last edited:
Big man doesn't get any credit at all. He doesn't score so people rule him out of everything. His presence alone is unbelievable. If I was voting he'd be on my first team all state for sure.
For DE POY pound for pound Cramer. No one in the state does what he does. Rawls is comparable to what Inge did at AI this year for real for real.
Rawls and Inge are better bball players period. If he could dribble a little bit, shoot a jumper at all, record a assist then maybe he could be considered. Davis is comparable in height so ask anybody that knows basketball ,"who is a better bball player" based on this season. Hands down Davis got him beat!!

I hear all the fuss about Ali and I get it. But @ Pitt Cramer makes big impact on the best team in the state. He rebounds, blocks shots and contest shots at a high level and runs the floor like a deer. He covers Ali weaknesses on defense cause ali is slow and can't stay in front of nobody. Mt doesn't allow cramer to show more. He showed a glimpse vs ghigh in 3rd Q when they gave him ball. If Ali wasn't at mount keon and hodges would have bigger roles and myles and other guard would help. Just ask the coach if she had to pick one who would it be for this year's team. Ali would struggle on a nightly basis against Rawls, Fat Cat and Inge to name a few.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT