ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Rankings

Downstatecredit

D1AA Prospect
Aug 21, 2004
I'm sure everyone is hoping to see the rankings posted, however, I don't have any idea who will be where come March 1st.

Anyone want to take a stab at it?

I have a pretty good idea where everyone will stand on 3/1, but it starts to get complicated on 3/22.
smile.r191677.gif

Any major movement in the tournament teams from last year?
#1 St Elizabeth's
#2 Caravel
#3 AI duPont
#4 Archmere
#5 Charter
#6 Dover
#7 Sussex Central
#8 Tower Hill
#9 Milford
#10 DMA
#11 Hodgson
#12 Appoquinimink
#13 St. Mark's
#14 Delmar
#15 Caesar Rodney
#16 Polytech

Based on 2013 college commitments, these schools all lost more than one senior who went on to college ball:
Sallies: 4
Caravel: 3
Appo: 2
Delmar: 2
Dover: 2
St. Mark's: 2
Sussex Central: 2

Originally posted by TouchThemAll:
I have a pretty good idea where everyone will stand on 3/1, but it starts to get complicated on 3/22.
smile.r191677.gif

Any major movement in the tournament teams from last year?
#1 St Elizabeth's
#2 Caravel
#3 AI duPont
#4 Archmere
#5 Charter
#6 Dover
#7 Sussex Central
#8 Tower Hill
#9 Milford
#10 DMA
#11 Hodgson
#12 Appoquinimink
#13 St. Mark's
#14 Delmar
#15 Caesar Rodney
#16 Polytech

Based on 2013 college commitments, these schools all lost more than one senior who went on to college ball:
Sallies: 4
Caravel: 3
Appo: 2
Delmar: 2
Dover: 2
St. Mark's: 2
Sussex Central: 2
St Marks has to be the favorite and pre season # 1. They lost 2 players out of 10 that played in the championship game. They have all of their pitching from last year. Plus all sorts of players on the bench that would start at almost every other school in the state.

Caravel #2 a close #2 with Funderburk and Hart the top pitchers.

St E's, Sallies and Archmere 3, 4 and 5. St E's has Harris #1 pitcher and Archmere has Deely back this year. Sallies has too many kids not to be good. Would have made noise in the tourney last year if they made it but lost too many out of state games. Easier schedule this year.

Dover has plenty returning and so does DMA.

Charter and Delmar each lost tons. Delmar lost 7 of 12 to graduation.

same teams every year---st marks ,caravel,-few pretenders from henlopen,flight b,ugh....or how about the powerful indep. conference?? a. i. may have a shot due to better coach than 90% of state--most teams just happy to make the watered down tournament-16 teams??

Originally posted by woodgreen:

same teams every year---st marks ,caravel,-few pretenders from henlopen,flight b,ugh....or how about the powerful indep. conference?? a. i. may have a shot due to better coach than 90% of state--most teams just happy to make the watered down tournament-16 teams??
@wood, pretenders from henlopen,sounds like you've got it all figured out...the Henlopen (public) schools will be competitive & i'm pretty sure they wont be pretending, what the hell does that mean anyway

i have nothing figured out-i look at facts and stats-competitive ? not sure what that means but if past holds true maybe a final 4 team for henlopen most likely in final 8 and gone--when was the last time a henlopen time won it all?? 1993-seaford-in total only 6 state champs from the henlopenseaford-4,cr-1 and central 1--thats all i am saying ...i love the henlopen conf.[bl. raiders]-facts are facts--wish i knew why it is this way -sort of sad 6 titles in 44 years
This post was edited on 1/30 11:47 AM by woodgreen

"wish i knew why it is this way", i was referring to the pretenders comment, whats a pretentender? you seem intelligent so i think you know why things are the way they are. based on stats and history, i am in total agreement with you, so once again my response to your post was purely based on the "pretenders from the Henlopen comment. what and how makes them pretenders?

I don't think anyone will argue that there has been a private school domination in baseball. But i don't know if i would say henlopen conference are pretenders. I'm an upstate guy, so i can't speak with too much authority on downstate baseball. But i think the downstate teams are pretty competitive. Not only do they battle each other all season, which is the toughest competition, they fare well in the tournaments. Do they win? No! But what public school has?

But from the Henlopen i see Milford losing by 1 run in the championship game in 2012 and Sussex Tech losing by 1 run to St Marks. In 2013, Sussex Central losing by 1 run last year to Caravel in the quarters and Dover losing in the Semi's. In 2011 CR lost by a run in the Semi's. 2010 Sussex Tech lost in the Semis. 2009 Sussex Central lost in the championship game. 2008 Seaford lost by 1 run in the Semi finals. There was definetely a drought from 2000-2007.

The Henlopen has been close a lot over the past 6 years. Most of the losses have been close defeats to St Marks and Caravel. Unfortunately, most teams in the state just aren't deep enough get the win over St Marks & Caravel later in the playoffs.

In 2014, its going to be the same thing. St Marks, Sallies, Caravel and St E will be the best teams. Caravel MAY not have a stellar record with their tough schedule, but they will be tough come playoff time as usual. I think A.I. and Charter will rack up some wins in flight A. Hodgson and St Georges will rack up some wins in Flight B. Archmere and DMA will rack up some wins in Diamond State. Throw in one Independent team and possible a surprise team from Flight B like Mt P or Bwine, that leaves 4 spots for the Henlopen teams. Henlopen will be pretty competitive and up for grabs.

I agree oldskool, the henlopen public schools have been very competitive, your summation is spot on, i just didnt care for the "pretenders" comment, thanks

@84

Im going with the Spartans....
too much talent..

you would look good wearing green 84,
I have a 2x hanging with your name on it!!

just saying

spartakos, does free beer come with the jersey haha, i get thirsty playing ball
mCzQAFscx1LxJAjivQvKBXw.jpg

@84

haha...you da man

that's not rain, its Clone tears...blaaaa

This post was edited on 1/30 8:49 PM by spartakos

84 sorry for my choice of words-that aside we are on the same thoughts--why cant we get a title-upsets me more when i have to read about how close henlopen teams have come--but hey you got a title in 1975-would love to see one in 2014

I don't think Funderburk is enrolled at Caravel this year. Regardless, they will be tough with or without him.

Originally posted by woodgreen:

84 sorry for my choice of words-that aside we are on the same thoughts--why cant we get a title-upsets me more when i have to read about how close henlopen teams have come--but hey you got a title in 1975-would love to see one in 2014
its all good wood, i understand totally where you were coming from...hopefully a couple of henlopen teams will exceed our expextations fyi no apologies necessary

Originally posted by delpsufan:
I don't think Funderburk is enrolled at Caravel this year. Regardless, they will be tough with or without him.
He is not at Caravel He moved to Baltimore..

This post was edited on 2/2 8:52 AM by ravensrooster2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT