ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Top Ten

CR could hover around the 10-12 spot but they are thin on the mound. Young guys can put up some runs. If they find some pitching imo they are definitely a top 10 team.

Reactions: truthaboutsports
1. Appo
2. Dover
3. Caravel
4. St. Marks
5. Sallies
6. William Penn
7. St. George’s
8. DMA
9. Caesar Rodney
10. Cape

Reactions: 84rider
Not sure what SC has this year but they are always a tough out and well coached imo if you throw Smyrna in the mix the Henlopen North will once again be the toughest road to hoe once again.

1. Appo
2. Dover
3. Caravel
4. St. Marks
5. Sallies
6. William Penn
7. St. George’s
8. DMA
9. Caesar Rodney
10. Cape

Caravel, Please they will shit the bed. Keister is the only kid they have and he won’t win all the games for them. Dover and St Marks in the finals this year.

No doubt in my mind sallies takes home the chip this year. Finally has a team with depth in pitching and also the best infield on the state. Team is going to run this state this season! Godfrey is finally taking a team to the chip

No doubt in my mind sallies takes home the chip this year. Finally has a team with depth in pitching and also the best infield on the state. Team is going to run this state this season! Godfrey is finally taking a team to the chip
Come on! Sallies has the last 4 years to try and do something and they still flopped. Godfrey I’m surprise he’s still coaching. This years it’s anybodies chip.

Not returning one starter From 2018

Not returning one starter From 2018
Yeah Joe setting the UD bound catcher sat the bench last year
Caravel, Please they will shit the bed. Keister is the only kid they have and he won’t win all the games for them. Dover and St Marks in the finals this year.

Yeah, caravel graduated a lot, but trust me i want them to be bad just as much as you do but reality they’ll probably be a top 5 team

Reactions: 84rider
Name one team who actually has a chance other than the sals. They bring back joe setting, Reece Bolton, Alex Hinton, dom ragazzo, Dylan Rees, jake Dunion, Joe sheets, Brendan Pacheco, Ethan valentine. All but 3 of them are all committed to play baseball at the next level. This is probably the best all around team they’ve had in years. They have a little bit of everything. Saint marks has no pitching other than Phillips, caravel has np pitching at all, Appo has one player who won’t carry them, cape has one stud in fluharty who also won’t carry, and Dover will also be a top team in the state but don’t think they have it for the year.

Name one team who actually has a chance other than the sals. They bring back joe setting, Reece Bolton, Alex Hinton, dom ragazzo, Dylan Rees, jake Dunion, Joe sheets, Brendan Pacheco, Ethan valentine. All but 3 of them are all committed to play baseball at the next level. This is probably the best all around team they’ve had in years. They have a little bit of everything. Saint marks has no pitching other than Phillips, caravel has np pitching at all, Appo has one player who won’t carry them, cape has one stud in fluharty who also won’t carry, and Dover will also be a top team in the state but don’t think they have it for the year.
I think they have a total of six games combine on starting on varsity

Saint marks has no pitching other than Phillips, caravel has np pitching at all, Appo has one player who won’t carry them, cape has one stud in fluharty who also won’t carry, and Dover will also be a top team in the state but don’t think they have it for the year.

Caravel has Keister and Reynolds at the top of the rotation and Hoffman and Tracey aren't bad for 3 and 4. Reynolds had some control issues last year, so he'll need to be more consistent. If he is, they'll do fine pitching wise.

Appo has Bouldin, Davis, Dermott, Keene, Weglarz, and Carrier returning as starters. All but Dermott pitch, so they have plenty of depth there. Plus they had good depth last year, so players like Coleman, Jones, and Miller could step in and do well for them.

Cape has Fluharty and Jakob Gelof returning. Don't know much about the other players. Maybe one of the more southern guys can give more insight.

Dover has Velazquez, Carrington, Carney, Davis, and Rodriguez returning to name those that I can remember. They'll certainly be very good this season.

I agree, even with Sallies player losses, they're still going to be very good as well. I don't see it being a one or two team race. Still plenty of talent out there to make it a deep tournament.

Reactions: KnowitallDE
Caravel has Keister and Reynolds at the top of the rotation and Hoffman and Tracey aren't bad for 3 and 4. Reynolds had some control issues last year, so he'll need to be more consistent. If he is, they'll do fine pitching wise.

Appo has Bouldin, Davis, Dermott, Keene, Weglarz, and Carrier returning as starters. All but Dermott pitch, so they have plenty of depth there. Plus they had good depth last year, so players like Coleman, Jones, and Miller could step in and do well for them.

Cape has Fluharty and Jakob Gelof returning. Don't know much about the other players. Maybe one of the more southern guys can give more insight.

Dover has Velazquez, Carrington, Carney, Davis, and Rodriguez returning to name those that I can remember. They'll certainly be very good this season.

I agree, even with Sallies player losses, they're still going to be very good as well. I don't see it being a one or two team race. Still plenty of talent out there to make it a deep tournament.
Gelof doesn’t attend Cape Henlopen anymore. He’s attends IMG Academy.

Reactions: 89FanGuy

Appo and Caravel both have more pitching than sals.

Appo split yesterday with Milford and Sussex Tech... 2 of the 3 top pitchers are already on the shelf with arm problems..can't even play the field...

Appo split yesterday with Milford and Sussex Tech... 2 of the 3 top pitchers are already on the shelf with arm problems..can't even play the field...
Which ones, and it seems caravel is having arm problems too as Reynolds, Tracey, and Kiester all didn’t pitch in their scrimmages. I don’t even know of any other arms on their team. We might be seeing a bad caravel that we all wish to see every year

Reactions: Havok469
Does high school Baseball have a run limit if so what is it
Last year's manual, but I think it's the current rule.

"10-Run Mercy Rule
A game will be called if five or more full innings have been completed and either team is leading by 10 or more runs. In addition, a game will be called if, after 4 ½ innings or after the completion of the visitor’s half of a subsequent inning, the home team is leading by 10 or more runs. The final score will be as recorded when the game was called."

https://www.doe.k12.de.us/cms/lib/DE01922744/Centricity/Domain/349/DIAA Approved Policies Spring 17-18.pdf

Last edited:
Can't think to go top 10 right now, you never know who will pop up out of nowhere. Appo is strong, but if the reports of arm troubles are true and it's who I've heard it is, it could be a big blow. Dover returns a lot, and arguably the best pitcher in the state. After that, there's a lot of teams bunched together.

1. Appo
2. Dover
3. Caravel
4. St Georges
5. St Marks

Last year's manual, but I think it's the current rule.

"10-Run Mercy Rule
A game will be called if five or more full innings have been completed and either team is leading by 10 or more runs. In addition, a game will be called if, after 4 ½ innings or after the completion of the visitor’s half of a subsequent inning, the home team is leading by 10 or more runs. The final score will be as recorded when the game was called."

https://www.doe.k12.de.us/cms/lib/DE01922744/Centricity/Domain/349/DIAA Approved Policies Spring 17-18.pdf
A horrible rule.

Can't think to go top 10 right now, you never know who will pop up out of nowhere. Appo is strong, but if the reports of arm troubles are true and it's who I've heard it is, it could be a big blow. Dover returns a lot, and arguably the best pitcher in the state. After that, there's a lot of teams bunched together.

1. Appo
2. Dover
3. Caravel
4. St Georges
5. St Marks
I can See Dover being up there they are very solid team. Name off everyone from appo who will be good other than carrier. Weglarz ain’t special, After that nothing. Caravel has no pitching whatsoever. please tell me who they have. St. George’s has Aidan Riley name someone else. St marks has ludman who is no pitcher. Matt Phillips who will be solid, then after that nobody.

1. Dover
2. Sals
3. Appo
Then a big drop off for the rest of the state

I can See Dover being up there they are very solid team. Name off everyone from appo who will be good other than carrier. Weglarz ain’t special, After that nothing. Caravel has no pitching whatsoever. please tell me who they have. St. George’s has Aidan Riley name someone else. St marks has ludman who is no pitcher. Matt Phillips who will be solid, then after that nobody.

1. Dover
2. Sals
3. Appo
Appo pitchers... weglarz is special enough for UD, Joey Davis is also a good pitcher for that squad. Mason Keane is also pretty good. That’s 3 for appo who are all very good.
St. George’s... Nate mcvey and Noah finnocario are both all state potential, i think they made it last year.
Caravel returns keister who threw a great semi final last year, also returns arms in Tracey and Reynolds.
St marks, i agree only has one real good arm in Phillips, but Gannet is feasible for sure.
Sals is okay for sure

Reactions: 89FanGuy
I also Heard that while the sals were down in myrtle beach South Carolina this past week their starters beat the 47th best team in the nation Saint Augustine Prep 5-3 until the backups were put in. Heard the sals mashed the ball off that UVA commit that saint Augustine prep started.

I also Heard that while the sals were down in myrtle beach South Carolina this past week their starters beat the 47th best team in the nation Saint Augustine Prep 5-3 until the backups were put in. Heard the sals mashed the ball off that UVA commit that saint Augustine prep started.
So are you a junior or a senior this year?

Reactions: CBE0713
bc2d914b8b148d0de745cb14d2c14b15.png

... Name off everyone from appo who will be good other than carrier. Weglarz ain’t special, After that nothing.

1. Dover
2. Sals
3. Appo

Just so I understand this correctly. According to you, Appo only has one good player. The rest aren't special or nothing at all, but you still think they're the 3rd best team in the state?

Reactions: KnowitallDE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT