ADVERTISEMENT

Clocks ticking...

Restler89

Towel boy
Sep 26, 2022
November is right around the corner, and the preseason has been solid in Delaware so far. With a way to early team rankings prediction.

Sussex central
Cr
St. Marks
Salesianum
William Penn
Top D1 teams in order

I honestly have no clue about D2, id assume however DMA, Caravel, Laurel, LF will be in the mix.

Reactions: GUMCITY238
St. Marks is D2 and they are going to run away with it this year. They received some good transfers.
At least 3 kids from red lion I believe it is going to be there's to lose. And with Caravel losing poore, wells and duarte and DMA losing August, Simpson, and Williams they are going to be tough to replace

I think William Penn will surprise a lot of people, this year. I'm,also, a fan of red lion. I don't think they'll win D-2 but they'll have a tough team. They have some really good coaches.

Reactions: GUMCITY238
I think William Penn will surprise a lot of people, this year. I'm,also, a fan of red lion. I don't think they'll win D-2 but they'll have a tough team. They have some really good coaches.
I do know that Ebaugh is at st. Marks and I believe the Fabien brothers are there as well. I'm not sure but I heard rumors the Bellerin had left as well. If all of those are correct that is really going to be a lot to replace

That’s why private schools should be in their own division for team states.
i disagree, public schools in Delaware have been doing very well. With schools like sallies, caravel, and St. marks it would make it alot harder other private schools and would result in lack of instate competition for many of these recent power house schools.

Reactions: trapblock22
That’s why private schools should be in their own division for team states.
Salesianum won a state championship last year for the first time since 1984. St. Mark's hasn't won since 2010. Caravel won 2 championships until losing last year and is the only nonpublic school to win Division II. Red Lion has never won the dual title. But we need these teams to compete separately.

Salesianum won a state championship last year for the first time since 1984. St. Mark's hasn't won since 2010. Caravel won 2 championships until losing last year and is the only nonpublic school to win Division II. Red Lion has never won the dual title. But we need these teams to compete separately.
D2 Boys soccer playoffs had 2 public schools out of 12 teams in the playoffs. Football championships, 5 of the 6 teams are Private schools. Private schools have better facilities and you don’t have to pay a penalty year if you transfer to them after your 10th grade year.

Delaware is too small for that. It's simple... Get better
There are 3 divisions in Football and it's working. They could always just have a Public School division and a Private School division. The "Get Better" argument works fine when talking about individuals but when your talking about a low end Public School that is struggling to get a Coach and fill roster spots you can't just say Get Better.

There are 3 divisions in Football and it's working. They could always just have a Public School division and a Private School division. The "Get Better" argument works fine when talking about individuals but when your talking about a low end Public School that is struggling to get a Coach and fill roster spots you can't just say Get Better.
Unfortunately, a lot of public schools have been providing a poor product, in terms of education.... If you look at past conversations, you'll see a myriad of reasons on why these schools struggle. There was a time where just about every public school fielded a wrestling team. Even if you separate the schools, there's still going to be the haves and have nots....

Unfortunately, a lot of public schools have been providing a poor product, in terms of education.... If you look at past conversations, you'll see a myriad of reasons on why these schools struggle. There was a time where just about every public school fielded a wrestling team. Even if you separate the schools, there's still going to be the haves and have nots....
True

Sallies won CC, Soccer and football state titles this fall. Tell us how fair that playing field is in comparison to public schools. Oh I know that the kids all went just for the education and coincidentally also play sports at a high level.

• Haha
Reactions: Dewrestling123
Hard to get better when schools get some of their top kids poached right from high school or in some cases their middle school. It’s not even just a private vs public school thing but privates are definitely the worst for it.
Smyrna and Middletown poach more athletes than anyone in the state and both have gotten caught doing so. This debate is being fueled by someone out of state that obviously doesn't know Delaware sports or its history.

This could be the case in PA and other surrounding states but not DE. Doesnt make sense for a lot of reasons.

3 State Titles in 1 sport is just stupid. It is nothing more than lowering the bar so others can have "success". Can you call it success when its watered down to 3 tiers?

If wrestling did this, it would make Delaware a bigger joke to the surrounding states.

I do not believe private schools "poach athletes". Poaching means-illegally solicit a player from one school to another. Remember- public schools are confined to a boundary, Private are not so it isn't illegal to have a billboard for a Private school enticing students to attend. It is Illegal for a public school to do this without a choice approval or change of address. I know that private coaches are sitting back and thankful that DE Public school education and behavioral standards have dropped significantly- forcing students to move to private for structure and accountability that is missing in Public schools. Blame Covid, blame the state education system but you cannot blame Private school coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT