ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Top Ten

Here is Philips going Back to Back with Ludman at Frawley last year. So st Mark's will have some power, but they lost a lot of pitching.

Not so much on the other side of town. Newark got Mercy-ruled in 5 by St Marks in their opener yesterday. They may not win a game this year.

There's some bad teams out there. Not sure how a varsity squad can lose a game 27-0 to Glasgow. Dickinson would be better off just going JV only.

And it looks like 302sports nailed that #2 ranking for Hodgson.....

Reactions: Patcomic
Delaware Online (Brad Meyers) Top 5 from March 25th...

The News Journal/Delawareonline baseball rankings
1. Dover
2. St. Mark’s
3. Appoquinimink
4. Caravel
5. William Penn

Delaware Online (Brad Meyers) Top 5 from March 25th...

The News Journal/Delawareonline baseball rankings
1. Dover
2. St. Mark’s
3. Appoquinimink
4. Caravel
5. William Penn
Dover should’ve lost that game yesterday only got two hits another team had nine

New Delaware Online Top 5:
1. St. Mark’s
2. Appo
3. Dover
4. Newark Charter
5. William Penn

Am I the only one who thinks Brad Myers has no clue what he is talking about?

What would your top 5 be?

1. Appo
2. Sals
3. St Mark’s
4. Newark Charter
5. Caravel

Caravel’s loss to Newark Charter is overblown... people forget that it was a walkoff hit and Caravel’s starter only threw 40 pitches.
Newark Charter is going to struggle through middle of season with only 1 pitcher.
St Mark’s has not played any real talent yet and hardly beat Archmere.
Sals has only played 2 games I believe and only one was in state against Cape with Fluharty on the mound... a ton of commits on that team as well.
Appo is strong and am waiting to see how they do throughout the season.

1. Appo
2. Sals
3. St Mark’s
4. Newark Charter
5. Caravel

Caravel’s loss to Newark Charter is overblown... people forget that it was a walkoff hit and Caravel’s starter only threw 40 pitches.
Newark Charter is going to struggle through middle of season with only 1 pitcher.
St Mark’s has not played any real talent yet and hardly beat Archmere.
Sals has only played 2 games I believe and only one was in state against Cape with Fluharty on the mound... a ton of commits on that team as well.
Appo is strong and am waiting to see how they do throughout the season.
I like the order of your list. But sals over appo only because of appos injuries, and the sals lineup seems deadly (worry about their pitching though)
St marks has blown out their competition but it wasn’t much competition
And Newark charter has Callahan as well with Matthews so they should be ok.
Caravel and Dover would be my toss up for #5 but Dover seems to not be so good with out velasquez on the mound. Caravel lacks pitching this year, but offensively have been good scoring 18 runs in 2 games against good teams

I like the order of your list. But sals over appo only because of appos injuries, and the sals lineup seems deadly (worry about their pitching though)
St marks has blown out their competition but it wasn’t much competition
And Newark charter has Callahan as well with Matthews so they should be ok.
Caravel and Dover would be my toss up for #5 but Dover seems to not be so good with out velasquez on the mound. Caravel lacks pitching this year, but offensively have been good scoring 18 runs in 2 games against good teams

Not enough down state love on this list.

1) St Marks
2) Salesianum
3) Appo
4) Sussex Tech
5) Cape

Teams hungry for top 5:

1) Delaware Military Academy. Seahawks are a force to be reckoned with.
2) Concord. Raiders may knock off Appo next week, stay tuned.
2) Newark Charter. If they continue to score runs, they can compete. Next three games, Appo, Salesianum, De Military Academy, make or break their season.
3) Dover. Top pitching will come thru.
4) DelMar. A town too big for one state, Wildcats are 4-0.

1) St Marks
2) Salesianum
3) Appo
4) Sussex Tech
5) Cape

Teams hungry for top 5:

2) Newark Charter. If they continue to score runs, they can compete. Next three games, Appo, Salesianum, De Military Academy, make or break their season.

I like what Sussex Tech, Delmar and Milford have done so far, definitely top 10 teams right now. IR is knocking on the door also imo

Reactions: XVikingkid

1) St Marks
2) Salesianum
3) Appo
4) Sussex Tech
5) Cape

Teams hungry for top 5:

Cape is not a top 5 team right now, they only have 1 player and we’ve already seen that Fluharty isn’t enough.

Appo beat Newark Charter 8-0
Matthews pitched 4 scoreless innings and then reached his limit and the others pitchers couldn’t keep Appo off the board. Like I said, they’re going to struggle without Matthews on the mound.

It’s april now so teams should start clicking and picking up the pace now. Middletown actually played a good game beating St. George’s, and appo looked in late season form against Newark charter

As it looks Henlopen Conference is wide open this year both south and the north. I know Delmar is 4-0 but strength of schedule is not there. Dover and Cape seemingly struggling when their top guys are not on the mound. As the weather continues to warm so will these teams however.

Newark Charter has a deep pitching staff. Matthews has walked 12 batters and has reached his pitch limit prior to recording an out in the 5th inning of both starts. The other pitchers have performed well. You clearly haven't been to the games and don't know the personnel. If NCS struggles, it won't be due to pitching depth, but more due to strength of schedule.

Newark Charter has a deep pitching staff. Matthews has walked 12 batters and has reached his pitch limit prior to recording an out in the 5th inning of both starts. The other pitchers have performed well. You clearly haven't been to the games and don't know the personnel. If NCS struggles, it won't be due to pitching depth, but more due to strength of schedule.
Newark Charter is a good team and Matthews is one of the best pitchers in the state

bc2d914b8b148d0de745cb14d2c14b15.png

I’m a huge fan of 302sports but this maybe one the worst preseason rankings ever lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT