seaford
sallies
middletown
dickinson
tatnall
Lake
Howard
concord
This is the playoffs ???? Impossible I don't see Mount , Penn , Glasgow , Smyrna , or Sanford or Dover . Not to mention Sussex central hasn't won over 5 games . This can't be true

Records as of today from WebSite4Sports :
(This does not account for any bonus index points.)

School Wins Losses
  1. Sanford School 14 - 2
  2. William Penn HS 13 - 2
  3. Mt. Pleasant HS 14 - 3
  4. Dover HS 12 - 3
  5. Smyrna HS 12 - 3
  6. St. Thomas More 12 - 3
  7. Woodbridge HS 12 - 3
  8. St. Georges Tech HS 11 - 3
  9. St. Elizabeth HS 11 - 4
  10. St. Mark's HS 11 - 4
  11. Laurel HS 10 - 4
  12. Milford HS 12 - 5
  13. McKean HS 11 - 5
  14. Delcastle HS 10 - 5
  15. Appoquinimink HS 9 - 5
  16. Newark HS 10 - 6
  17. Caravel Academy 8 - 6
  18. Public Safety and Security 7 - 6
  19. Cape Henlopen HS 8 - 7
  20. Conrad School 8 - 7
  21. St. Andrew's School 8 - 7
  22. Wilm Friends School 8 - 7
  23. Glasgow HS 9 - 8
  24. Red Lion CA 9 - 9
  25. AI duPont HS 8 - 8
  26. Concord HS 8 - 8
  27. Howard HS of Tech 8 - 8
  28. Lake Forest HS 8 - 8
  29. Tatnall School 8 - 8
  30. Dickinson HS 7 - 7
  31. Middletown HS 7 - 7
  32. Salesianum School 7 - 7
  33. Seaford HS 7 - 8
  34. DE Military Academy 5 - 8
  35. Archmere Academy 5 - 9
  36. Caesar Rodney HS 5 - 9
  37. Sussex Central HS 5 - 9
  38. Delmar HS/MS 5 - 10
  39. Hodgson Vo-Tech 4 - 9
  40. Delmarva Christian HS 5 - 12
  41. Indian River HS 4 - 11
  42. Newark Charter School 4 - 12
  43. Christiana HS 4 - 13
  44. Wilm Christian School 4 - 14
  45. Polytech HS 2 - 8
  46. Aquinas Academy 2 - 11
  47. Tower Hill School 2 - 13
  48. Brandywine HS 2 - 14
  49. Tall Oaks Classical School 1 - 9
  50. Charter School 1 - 12
  51. Sussex Tech 0 - 14

sussex tech
charter
brandywine
tower hill
polytech
wilm. christian
christiana
newark charter
indian river
delmarva christian
hodgson
delmar
sussex central
caeser rodney
archmere
Dma
seaford
sallies
middletown
dickinson
tatnall
Lake
Howard
concord

Dynamite has gone George Costanza. He will do the opposite!

Dynamite2089 in the top right corner of your screen you'll see your profile, press that and go down until you see "log out" and press it appreciate it Bruh you the man!

Reactions: bone_em_up
I think Milford will get a top 4 seed.

@Ikeyfbst2 W/ Milford sitting at 12-5 & looking at their losses if they can win out I agree that they will for sure be up for a top 4 seed because their scheduling this year worked in their favor point-wise. They are more than likely going to receive 2 points each for their losses to Smyrna, St. Thomas More & Dover. They still have CR tonight, Laurel & Seaford remaining on the schedule though which are not guaranteed wins. This is why you pay close attention to who you schedule when you know how the point system works. I do not think Milford is even a Top 10 team, I think that they maybe the 5th or 6th best team downstate alone but their schedule worked in their favor this year...kudos to them and if they can get a good seed like that then maybe they will be able to win a 2nd Round home game & advance to the Bob (assuming that the quarterfinal games will be at the Bob this year).

J12 I think Milford's remaining games are winnable very much so. CR will try to ruin their playoff seeding but they are a 4 win team. Milford beat laurel by 20 already and don't be fooled by laurels record, they schedule cupcakes to get a good record and get in the tournament.They are 3-4 in an extremely weak henlopen south. Then milford closes the season out in seaford that no longer has their walking double double and heart and soul in RJ. I don't see them letting this opportunity slip away. Also am i wrong to think quarterfinals are at the bob? last year was scheduling issues due to snow reschedules correct?

J12 I think Milford's remaining games are winnable very much so. CR will try to ruin their playoff seeding but they are a 4 win team. Milford beat laurel by 20 already and don't be fooled by laurels record, they schedule cupcakes to get a good record and get in the tournament.They are 3-4 in an extremely weak henlopen south. Then milford closes the season out in seaford that no longer has their walking double double and heart and soul in RJ. I don't see them letting this opportunity slip away. Also am i wrong to think quarterfinals are at the bob? last year was scheduling issues due to snow reschedules correct?

@FanOfTheGame51 I agree that each one of Milford's remaining 3 games are winnable but I think that tonight vs CR will be the toughest of them. I am not fooled or impressed by Laurel's record and am aware of the Henlopen South teams each year beating up on the likes of Delmarva Christian, Salisbury Christian, Salisbury School etc to boost their win column which is why I am glad that Milford is being rewarded this year by scheduling tougher out of conference games & playing the Henlopen North teams. I have no idea why Laurel would use 4 out of conference games on beating up on Delmarva Christian twice & Salisbury Christian twice...it proves nothing. But just as you are saying don't be fooled by Laurel's record don't be fooled by CR's 5-9 record. You said CR is only a 4-win team but look at their schedule and they play in the Henlopen North which is FAR superior to the Henlopen South...prime example is you have Milford now undefeated vs the Henlopen South but 0-3 vs the top 3 teams in the Henlopen North in Dover, Cape & Smyrna & also a loss to St. Thomas More. CR recently also had 2 tough losses both by 4 points to quality opponents in Cape & St. Mark's so they have improved as the season moved on & I think it will be a good matchup.

I'm not 100% sure about the quarterfinals being at the Bob this year...I played back in the 90s where there were no home court games at all in the tournament (all neutral site games) & only the Final 4 was held at the Bob and over the years it seems like it has mostly been the quarterfinals on the to finals at the Bob w/ a couple exceptions.

As I can recall, DIAA wanted to make the Bob hosting the quarters a regular thing, but the last couple of years, snowstorms has taken that out of the equation, so if the weather holds up, the final 8 will likely be there this year.

Tall order for Milford tonight. Don't be fooled by the CR record, they can play.

CR will be without starting guard & probably their leading scorer leading scorer Davionne Robinson tonight.

1. Sanford 2.94
2. Dover 2.53
3. William Penn 2.53
4. Milford 2.41
5. St. Elizabeth 2.40
6. Mt. Pleasant 2.35
7. Smyrna 2.27
8. St. Mark's 2.20
9. Salesianum 2.13
10. St. George's 2.13
11. Delcastle 2.13
12. Woodbridge 2.13
13. St. Thomas More 2.07
14. St. Andrew's 2.00
15. Red Lion 1.89
16. Concord 1.88
17. Cape Henlopen 1.88
18. Appoquinimink 1.87

Computer froze as I was writing down the top 24. If I recall, spots 19-24 included Howard, A.I., Caravel, Glasgow, Middletown, and Dickinson? Just can't remember the order.

I see trouble ahead for a few of the bye teams. This is going to be an interesting state tourney because there's no clear cut fave IMO.

@FanOfTheGame51 I just got word that that "4 win team" of CR's went into Milford's house & came out w/ a 48-46 win...and that was without one of their top 2 players in the lineup but I was told Juju Hooks picked up the slack tonight. Big win for CR...they now sit at 6-9 w/ some very winnable games down the stretch along w/ Dover who they will receive 2 points for even if they lose. You can't count them out of the tournament just yet & their playoff hopes could rely on that last game vs Woodbridge where they could earn up to 4 points w/ a win. As for Milford that possible top 4 seed just took a big hit cuz they will get 0 points for that loss tonight unless CR wins out. Milford is 10-0 vs the Henlopen South & 0-4 vs the Henlopen North...I'm not sure if the Henlopen South has ever been this down.

Well Ikey did say to not be misled by CR's record. I think the South has taken a hit because the kids just aren't there like they once were, and that's in all sports.

Looking like a 10 seed now. Milford slept for three quarters on offense and CR shot a very high three point percentage. Life in the South ........

Looking like a 10 seed now. Milford slept for three quarters on offense and CR shot a very high three point percentage. Life in the South ........

Milford sleeping for 3 quarters sounds very similar to what I saw when St. Thomas More came in there & opened up a 23-point lead on them before Milford woke up & made a push at the end before coming up short.

Well Ikey did say to not be misled by CR's record. I think the South has taken a hit because the kids just aren't there like they once were, and that's in all sports.

The South as in the Henlopen South or south of the canal? As a whole, I think Henlopen teams are far more competitive than they were even just 10 years ago. They are much more competitive in Division I football and have stayed strong in D-II. They still dominate wrestling, softball and field hockey. They have the best girls' lacrosse team in the state by far and have arguably a top three boys' lacrosse program and another that is top 10. IR owns Division II soccer and top-to-bottom the Henlopen North is much better than the Blue Hen in D-I. They've actually had state finalists in baseball a couple times recently after a long drought. Both track team champions last season came from the Henlopen.

If we are just talking about the Henlopen South, I don't agree either. Milford is a heavy favorite to win its third straight wrestling title and fourth in seven years. Laurel won three straight softball championships before losing in the semifinals last season. Indian River has won two of the last three D-II boys' soccer championships and reached the semifinals in the other losing 2-1. Lake won track last year and its football team caught a tough draw with HVT and had some bad breaks in a close game two seasons ago but many will tell you that game was the "real" championship game. IR won a state championship not too many years ago and was a call away from getting back to the finals the next season. Delmar has played in the field hockey finals pretty much every season in recent memory. Milford had a really good run in baseball a few years back, reaching the finals in one and playing a great game against St. Mark's, and still fields competitive teams since then.

Where they struggle is basketball. They have for a long time. Since Seaford was consistently relevant (both boys' and girls' basketball) really. Occasionally they'll have some boys' teams make decent runs and Smyrna had a nice little run in girls' basketball for a while, but it's definitely the sport where downstate teams struggle.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about WBridge at MTown Friday. Will this be a good game?

Middletown has more quality wins (Newark, AI, Howard, Appo last week by 18) & their only common opponent was Newark. Woodbridge loss to Newark by 10 while Middletown beat Newark by 4. You would think Middletown would be the favorite but I am hoping Corbin gets some help & Woodbridge at least makes them earn it.

The South as in the Henlopen South or south of the canal? As a whole, I think Henlopen teams are far more competitive than they were even just 10 years ago. They are much more competitive in Division I football and have stayed strong in D-II. They still dominate wrestling, softball and field hockey. They have the best girls' lacrosse team in the state by far and have arguably a top three boys' lacrosse program and another that is top 10. IR owns Division II soccer and top-to-bottom the Henlopen North is much better than the Blue Hen in D-I. They've actually had state finalists in baseball a couple times recently after a long drought. Both track team champions last season came from the Henlopen.

If we are just talking about the Henlopen South, I don't agree either. Milford is a heavy favorite to win its third straight wrestling title and fourth in seven years. Laurel won three straight softball championships before losing in the semifinals last season. Indian River has won two of the last three D-II boys' soccer championships and reached the semifinals in the other losing 2-1. Lake won track last year and its football team caught a tough draw with HVT and had some bad breaks in a close game two seasons ago but many will tell you that game was the "real" championship game. IR won a state championship not too many years ago and was a call away from getting back to the finals the next season. Delmar has played in the field hockey finals pretty much every season in recent memory. Milford had a really good run in baseball a few years back, reaching the finals in one and playing a great game against St. Mark's, and still fields competitive teams since then.

Where they struggle is basketball. They have for a long time. Since Seaford was consistently relevant (both boys' and girls' basketball) really. Occasionally they'll have some boys' teams make decent runs and Smyrna had a nice little run in girls' basketball for a while, but it's definitely the sport where downstate teams struggle.
The South as in the Henlopen South. This is a basketball thread, so that is what I was talking about.

My response wasn't to you though. I was responding to the person who said the South has taken a hit in all sports. I read that to mean either the whole Henlopen or just the South isn't what it once was in prep sports and I disagree with either statement. I think both are stronger than they have been in a long time.

There's some strength and talent along with program building a LOT down south, but there's still a talent gap IMO. It may not be as sizeable as I'm thinking, but there was a time when a Henlopen team winning a state championship in football wasn't a huge surprise and basketball routinely placed teams in the final four. Just seems to be a bit of a let down from the 80s and 90s to me.

You can't just leave it like that! Who do you think is in trouble and why?

That Sallies-St. Mark's 8-9 game promises to be a barn-burner mainly because St. Mark's just won't go away, ask anybody they've played this year. And if I were Dover, if that 2-7 matchup with Smyrna stays, I'd be really nervous...but there's no guarantee Smyrna gets by St. Georges either, so...all I'll say is it wouldn't surprise me if there are two (or more) unusual suspects in the quarterfinals this year.

That Sallies-St. Mark's 8-9 game promises to be a barn-burner mainly because St. Mark's just won't go away, ask anybody they've played this year. And if I were Dover, if that 2-7 matchup with Smyrna stays, I'd be really nervous...but there's no guarantee Smyrna gets by St. Georges either, so...all I'll say is it wouldn't surprise me if there are two (or more) unusual suspects in the quarterfinals this year.
after the loss of hamrick st g's to me is now just an average team I think Smyrna would cruise past them easily. I do believe their will be some sleepers hidden in the bracket who can upset a higher seed as usual

My response wasn't to you though. I was responding to the person who said the South has taken a hit in all sports. I read that to mean either the whole Henlopen or just the South isn't what it once was in prep sports and I disagree with either statement. I think both are stronger than they have been in a long time.
Well, that will teach me to post without either beer or coffee in me.Must have been my ego, me thinking everything is about me. I agree with you completely however, there are a great many very good teams down here.

There's some strength and talent along with program building a LOT down south, but there's still a talent gap IMO. It may not be as sizeable as I'm thinking, but there was a time when a Henlopen team winning a state championship in football wasn't a huge surprise and basketball routinely placed teams in the final four. Just seems to be a bit of a let down from the 80s and 90s to me.

We'll have to agree to disagree since this is a basketball thread and I don't want to litter it with a long post about how you are wrong.

Out of curiosity, did we work together a few years back? I guessed at who you are when I first saw you posting but have never been certain.

Reactions: Ikeyfbst2
The name is dead giveaway, lol, yep, we did.

It had me fairly certain and then the Howard stuff pretty much convinced me. Hope all is well for you. I still tell the story of how I was about to bitch at you for shaking our desks until I turned and saw the look of terror in your eyes because the ground had just shook. Earthquake in Dover, who would've thought?

It had me fairly certain and then the Howard stuff pretty much convinced me. Hope all is well for you. I still tell the story of how I was about to bitch at you for shaking our desks until I turned and saw the look of terror in your eyes because the ground had just shook. Earthquake in Dover, who would've thought?

And I thought it was the ad rep because our desks were in front of their offices and I thought they were playing around, but it was a damn Earthquake. I'm good man, still doing some freelance stuff every once in a blue moon.

Glad to hear it. Hopefully I'll run into you at some point. Maybe at The Bob or at a football playoff game or something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT