ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Predictions

GateKeeperRefugee

All-State
Jan 3, 2013
We're at the Bob now and just about everybody we expected to be there (save for maybe one or two teams) is there, so let's take a look at today's games.

1 Ursuline vs 8 Sussex Tech - The Ravens have had a nice year and with a team made up of mostly sophomores and juniors, this will be a good experience for them, even if they're playing a red and black buzzsaw. Coach Noonan won't have his girls looking ahead to Sanford or Conrad, so this one's a safe bet. Ursuline 66-40.

4 Sanford vs 5 Conrad - rematch of last year's semifinal game. Conrad's no longer the Cinderella story and Sanford is still a top three team in the state. The key is if Conrad can hit their shots and get to the lane and get at least of Sanford's triple towers (Pollich/Warren/Kubek) in foul trouble. Sanford doesn't have the depth, but their talent is still better than most. If Olivia Tucker were playing, I wouldn't have a second though picking Sanford. I think Conrad's ready to take the next step though. Conrad wins 61-56.

2 CR vs 7 St E - It's hard to beat a time twice in the same season - can CR do it three times? St E has hit their stride and are playing their best basketball of the year at the right time. CR has the scoring and the talent to match St E, so it could come down to coaching and Bill Victory's one of the very best. I'll take CR in a close one, 57-54.

3 Caravel vs 11 A.I. duPont - Caravel's another team peaking at the right time. A.I. has been a fantastic story, but they don't have the depth or the talent to match. Although Ber'Nyah Ward-Mayo is going to be another one of these young kids to watch for many years and Lauryn Griffin won't go out without a fight. Still, Caravel returns to the semis, 61-48.

Why does everyone keep saying CR beat StE twice already? They played 1 time at beginning of year. So "can CR do it three times?" I don't understand.

I'm going with St.Elizabeth and their seniors in a close one against Ceasar Rodney. Ursuline over Sussex in a blowout, Ursuline has too much fire power. Caravel over AI,Caravel has that Bob experience,size and a overall better team. Now the tough one, I'm not to sure about Sanford and Conrad, both teams are well coached. I will say if Conrad hit their midrange shots,cause turnovers and hit a few 3s they win. Hell I'm going with Sanford.

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep saying CR beat StE twice already? They played 1 time at beginning of year. So "can CR do it three times?" I don't understand.
Confusion is coming from the way the schedule reads. CR beat ST E early in the season and the Diamond state classic was played at ST E, so it's list CR playing at ST E twice, although they didn't play them at ST E, the game was against Damascus, very confusing

Still a homer, I like CR to beat ST E, riders are getting points from 3-4 players, gotta defend all of them not just one scorer

Reactions: big-picture
Olivia Tucker is back for Sanford and scored 14 points the other night. She is a difference-maker for them. I still think Conrad can win by going over the bigs; they'll need to be accurate from outside. And if Whittlesey can stay out of foul trouble, she'll help neutralize Sanford's size. Plus, the Red Wolves will have last season's matchup in mind. Conrad in a very tight one.

Ursuline.

I think St. Elizabeth pulls it out today. I'm not sure why. They needed a big rally to get past Archmere. CR is really good. This could be the game of the day.

And Caravel starts the day off with a win. The Bucs just have too much for A.I. If you haven't seen the Tigers' Ward-Mayo yet, keep an eye on her. She is a scoring machine. But Caravel is too experienced and much deeper, primed to make a run to their third final in the past six years.

If Tucker is back, I think Sanford wins.

Ursuline rolls easily, Caravel beats AI, but think CR takes down St. E to prevent an all-private final four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT