ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinals recap

Filmore00

Tackles too high
Jan 13, 2017
AI was trying to hang with Caravel early but Caravel has to many horses. I don't think this was one of Caravel best performance. I'd look for a better game when they face St. E's

St. E's wore down a very overrated CR team. #15 did get into foul trouble early & often which eventually resulted in her fouling out but no way she is a 20pt difference. Also, not the best performance by St. E's. Should be another exciting game with St. E's & Caravel just like they played during the season.

Sanford/Conrad was by far the best game of the day. What a great battle by both teams. Conrad is one of the best coached teams. There execution was very good at times. They had Sanford frustrated but couldn't get over the hump. May of even exposed Sanford to the benefit of Ursuline. Sanford did hurt on the boards at time w/ a slight advantage over them.

Ursuline coasted tonight and will still be the favorite to win it all. This game in itself is a good reason Delaware needs to look at there playoff system. There are 5 or 6 teams that are 15-20 or more points better than Sussex Tech.

Ursuline vs Caravel are my favorites to be in title game.

Seeds/brackets definitely seemed a bit whacked. No offense to the downstate teams but ... I just do not think they play the same quality of teams, and you get rankings that are well over ranked.

Definitely not over ranked, the lady riders went 6-1 against upstate teams and 1-0 against there only out of state game, which led to the diamond state classic championship.So you can say over rated by I say great season to awesome team.

Last edited:
It's hard for any public school team to get to the Bob on the girls side, let alone a downstate team two years in a row, so I think Coach Victory and his girls deserve some credit. They just ran into a Cinderella story (Conrad last year) and a team peaking at the right time (St. E).

Ursuline coasted tonight and will still be the favorite to win it all. This game in itself is a good reason Delaware needs to look at there playoff system. There are 5 or 6 teams that are 15-20 or more points better than Sussex Tech.
Absolutely correct, I watch first half of game and it seemed like Sussex Tech didn't belong... Although Ursuline blew them out as expected they didn't look good at all, seemed uninterested and out of sync. If they come out like that against Sanford they done.

St. Es won a game that I thought would be much closer, Caravel beat AI as expected, Ursuline didn't look good but blew away Sussex whom I thought didn't belong and the best game award goes to Sanford and Conrad, by far the most competitive game of the day. Both teams played well. Conrad has a nice system, chips just didn't fall their way,thought they would have attacked more after Sanford picked up its 7th team foul in the 3rd.
Difference for Sanford was Pollich hitting midrange shots, Park-Lane refusal to lose but the key element was Warren who came in off the bench and played a flawless game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT