ADVERTISEMENT

Rankings Sunday March 26, 2017

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
A short cold week to start but a nice weekend for baseball. Lots of great comebacks.

My preseason top four (based on last year) didn't do anything to drop down. All but Dover were a little shaky to start. Tech with two wins over playoff teams last year gets some respect.

1. St Marks 2-0.
2. Caravel 1-0.
3. Dover 1-0
4. Mtown. 1-0
5. Tech 2-0
6. Appo 2-0
7. Delmar 2-0
8. St George's 1-0
9. Sallies 1-0
10. Conrad 2-0

Teams like cape, Dma, Smyrna, Milford and Poly could make arguments to be in Top Ten. But there is plenty of time for that.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Hope we have a great season with great weather and no injuries. Good luck boys.

Reactions: jwb703
A short cold week to start but a nice weekend for baseball. Lots of great comebacks.

My preseason top four (based on last year) didn't do anything to drop down. All but Dover were a little shaky to start. Tech with two wins over playoff teams last year gets some respect.

1. St Marks 2-0.
2. Caravel 1-0.
3. Dover 1-0
4. Mtown. 1-0
5. Tech 2-0
6. Appo 2-0
7. Delmar 2-0
8. St George's 1-0
9. Sallies 1-0
10. Conrad 2-0

Teams like cape, Dma, Smyrna, Milford and Poly could make arguments to be in Top Ten. But there is plenty of time for that.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Hope we have a great season with great weather and no injuries. Good luck boys.

All I hear is about how cape has great arms and all that and they aren't too 10? DF is that about?

I think Cape will be a top 5 team but giving up 11 runs in your first game and losing isn't top 5 worthy in my book. I probably "punished" them too much in my rankings not including them in the top 10.

The rankings don't mean much early on anyway. Weather, rust are a factor and keeping kids injury free is the main priority early on.

I think Cape will be a top 5 team but giving up 11 runs in your first game and losing isn't top 5 worthy in my book. I probably "punished" them too much in my rankings not including them in the top 10.

The rankings don't mean much early on anyway. Weather, rust are a factor and keeping kids injury free is the main priority early on.
Makes for good banter though!

So does that mean Caravel is not top 5 for giving up 10? Have you seen Cape play? Trust me top 5.

Central at Delmar yesterday sounded like a classic. Anyone go?

Highlights: Strong pitching performances by both sides dominated this tense struggle, with Dylan Pasta putting down a suicide squeeze in the bottom of the 11th to score Isaac Austin with the winning run. Each team had pushed across a lone run in the 10th, in a game that saw 31 strikeouts between the two squads.

Delmar is now 3-0, with wins against SC & Smyrna, definitely early season top 10 numbers for a D2 school, just saying

Delmar is now 3-0, with wins against SC & Smyrna, definitely early season top 10 numbers for a D2 school, just saying
Agree 84, but let's be honest....no one saw Delmar to start out 3-0 with that schedule. @oldskool42...great job to start. I like Cape at 4 to start then Dover at 6 or 7 (with the loss of talent). you could make a case for Poly and some others, but I think people feel some teams need to earn their way into the top 10. Nice job...it has definitely got people talking. Can't wait to see Delmar play

Delmar win over Central is a nice win for sure. Those don't come around that often. Sussex Central is a young team and may take some lumps this year. To be honest, I was impressed with the relatively strong showing by Indian River vs. Caravel. Wasn't at the game but given the fact Caravel is a top tier team and IR had the lead early in the game tells me you don't want to sleep on IR either.

Just to explain my rankings a bit.

First off its early and their just for fun to get some discussion going. But i do put a lot of effort into seeing who played whom and do a lot of evaluation. I don't just throw names out there. Not saying i'm right, but a lot of thought does go into it.

As far as this early in the season, right or wrong, i always give credit to last years final four. They usually are my top 4. And after less than a weeks worth of games, they would pretty much have to lose to fall out of the top 4 in my opinion. So Caravel despite lots of runs given up and almost losing, they maintained their top 4 spot with a win. Dover had a big win over Lake, so they kept their spot at 3. Do i think Cape is one of the best teams in the state...YES. But they lost, giving up tons of runs. I'm not saying they arent still one of the best teams. But the facts are they lost. My rankings aren't on potential, but results. So after only 1 game for some teams its hard to evaluate. So i was a little too harsh on Cape, not in the top ten is a little silly. But was trying to give a little bit of props to teams like Delmar, Conrad & St G for good starts.

As more games get played this week, the rankings should tighten up a little.

Please keep the discussions going.

Cape is legit. Couple of errors or they most likely beat Caravel. They'll win their share, I'd bet on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT