ADVERTISEMENT

Reclass

DaDude01

Getting reps on JV
Oct 3, 2016
How do you think the reclass will go up willingly or who will get forced to move up and who will go down?

I have heard that Odessa is asking to move up. I also heard that Brandywine want to move down. What are the chances that Laurel and St E’s will move up since they have been in the ship that last two years? I think that they both should move up.

Will anyone move up to 3A or drop out? I know CR is struggling but they have a huge number of students but are they cut out for 3A? I know they are getting a new coach but is that going to change the culture? Hopefully the new coach will bring them back to the program they used to be.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
How do you think the reclass will go up willingly or who will get forced to move up and who will go down?

I have heard that Odessa is asking to move up. I also heard that Brandywine want to move down. What are the chances that Laurel and St E’s will move up since they have been in the ship that last two years? I think that they both should move up.

Will anyone move up to 3A or drop out? I know CR is struggling but they have a huge number of students but are they cut out for 3A? I know they are getting a new coach but is that going to change the culture? Hopefully the new coach will bring them back to the program they used to be.

No one will be dropped from 3A. One from 2A will be put up to 3A. If there are no volunteers they will use the last two years records and move someone up with the caveat you can't be forced up if you are not in the top 50% in enrollment. If St Marks, Howard or DMA don't want to go then it will fall on Mt Pleasant or Newark

Last edited:
Here is how I see 2A

2AD1
St Marks/Mt Pleasant (which ever doesn't go up)
DMA
Caravel
Newark/Mt Pleasant (if one of these go up and St Marks stays)
Concord
Delcastle

2AD2
Friends
Howard
Archmere
Red Lion
Tower Hill
Odessa

2AD3
Delmar
Woodbridge
Laurel
Sussex Tech
Lake
Milford

Last edited:
Move Caravel or Friends up to 3A

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
Here is how I see 2A

2AD1
St Marks/Mt Pleasant (which ever doesn't go up)
DMA
Caravel
Newark/Mt Pleasant (if one of these go up and St Marks stays)
Concord
Delcastle

2AD2
Friends
Howard
Archmere
Red Lion
Tower Hill
Odessa

2AD3
Delmar
Woodbridge
Laurel
Sussex Tech
Lake
Milford

If St Marks stays down you could do a private school district

Something like this (I know some people would like this)

2AD1
St Marks
Caravel
Friends
Archmere
Red Lion
Tower Hill

2AD2
Newark/Mt Pleasant
Howard
DMA
Odessa
Concord
Delcastle

2AD3
Delmar
Woodbridge
Laurel
Sussex Tech
Lake
Milford

No school that can keep their numbers low by design should get the benefit of the Howard rule, especially Howard. DMA and St. Mark's can do this as well, so one of the three has to go up, and this can't get moved if you don't want to crap has to stop. Newark and MTP do not have this advantage so it is not comparing apples to apples with regard to school size.

No school that can keep their numbers low by design should get the benefit of the Howard rule, especially Howard. DMA and St. Mark's can do this as well, so one of the three has to go up, and this can't get moved if you don't want to crap has to stop. Newark and MTP do not have this advantage so it is not comparing apples to apples with regard to school size.

Do you really think a school will purposely not admit students just so their football team can play in a certain class? You really won't know exactly where that 50% cut off will be exactly either. Maybe know a range where it will be. Somewhere in the 900s

I know it would benefit St Marks playing in 3A in terms of attraction of players and the continued growth of the school and football program but not everyone shares that opinion because they are being short sighted and want to win now. There is also an obvious different level of college recruitment of players that play in 3A vs 2A. Rarely do you see a 2A player get good D1 offers. Certainly not as many as those in 3A

Last edited:
Howard's numbers are probably within 5, maybe 10 students each year. The other three vo- techs have larger numbers. This is by design and has been since they got successful at football about 10 years ago. If today we still had the old BHC flights from years past, Howard would be the only votech in flight B based on attendance. They game the system.

Howard's numbers are probably within 5, maybe 10 students each year. The other three vo- techs have larger numbers. This is by design and has been since they got successful at football about 10 years ago. If today we still had the old BHC flights from years past, Howard would be the only votech in flight B based on attendance. They game the system.

I understand your focus on the numbers. Please know that Howard is like 65% female. That should be considered. Of course, I would love to see Howard play Salesianum on a regular basis.

From a thread I posted earlier. Howard is 28 students shy of the line now for the 2022 adjustment and with Odessa adding a class this year next go round (2024) they will be further back.. Looks like the line will fall in the 950 range going forward

1 WPenn- 2239
2 CR- 2202
3 SC- 2039
4 Sallies (est 2000)
5 Cape- 1813
6 Smyrna- 1807
7 Dover- 1771

8 DelCastl- 1585
9 Appo- 1484
10 Mtown- 1355

11 S Tech- 1292
12 Milford- 1279
13 Poly- 1203
14 STG- 1153
15 Mt Pleasant- 1107
16 Newark- 1105
17 IR- 1088
18 HVT- 1061
19 Charter- 1029
20 Concord- 1014
21 Christiana- 972
22 BWine- 950
23 Odessa- 917 (9-11)

24 Glasgow- 895

25 Howard- 889
26 Seaford-879
27 Lake- 870
28 Dickinson-849
29 McKean- 825
30 Laurel- 749
31 WBridge- 723
32 Conrad- 698
33 AI- 680
34 Delmar- 670
35 DMA- 584
36 FSMA- 439
37 ECS- 389

There are 46 football playing schools.. List does not include the privates sans Sallies...

Teams below the midline in enrollment can not be forced to move to 3A.

not listed- none would come close to the midline (917) except maybe St Marks

St Marks
Caravel
Red Lion
Archmere
Friends
TH
St E
St A
Tatnall

3A Teams
2A Teams

1A Teams

Last edited:
Heard StE requested to stay in 1A. Wont be good after this senior class graduates. Also heard Tower Hill and Friends both petitioned to go to 1A.

I could see Tower Hill wanting to move down... but Friends... hard to see them moving down when they played for 'ship last year and a good chance at playing for it again this year.

Heard StE requested to stay in 1A. Wont be good after this senior class graduates. Also heard Tower Hill and Friends both petitioned to go to 1A.

What a bunch of weak bullshit. Why the hell would teams want to be in 1A? I just don't get it. 1A is where you put teams that can't compete or are terrible. I would consider it more of a punishment and embarrassing being put down to the bottom dwellers class. I mean who really cares who wins 1A anyway? 1A is one of weakest classes in the country. I knew TH were chickenhawks but Friends? C'mon man

Last edited:
I could see Tower Hill wanting to move down... but Friends... hard to see them moving down when they played for 'ship last year and a good chance at playing for it again this year.
It's already written in the process that no one in 2A that made the playoffs the last two years will be allowed to go down. TH and Friends if this is true is just trying to buck the new system. If DIAA starts entertaining this nonsense the new set up will be scrapped and it will just go back to enrollment.

Friends nor Tower Hill should even be asking

Tower Hill- 7-2 (lost second round playoffs) and 5-4 (lost 1st round playoffs)
Friends- 9-1 (lost second round playoffs) 10-0 ( in semi's)

2A In order to determine which teams from 2A will move down to 1A the following steps will be taken

1. Combining the final regular season records from 2021 and 2022 the teams with the lowest in classification winning percentage will be identified.

2. The two teams with the lowest in classification winning percentage will be suggested to move down.

3. If a team from 1A is interested in moving up to 2A, the team with the third lowest winning percentage would be suggested to move down.

4. No teams who have an above .500 winning percentage or have qualified for the playoffs will be considered to move down.

Last edited:
Tower Hill is a bunch of whiny Silk Panty pansies.

Silk Panty leaguers are only associate DIAA members anyway. If they don't like it they can succeed from the union and do their own thing and play each other and the small PA and NJ private school cupcakes they like to play. They could be like a poor man's Inter-AC that no one cares about. Lol

Reactions: DaDude01
Tower Hill probably wants to go back to a 9 game schedule playing only other Indy schools and then those cast of characters that they used to beat 44-0. Oh then they'll complain about playoffs when they will have played absolutely nobody. And they'll still lose to Friends.

Reactions: Seerock9223
Tower Hill probably wants to go back to a 9 game schedule playing only other Indy schools and then those cast of characters that they used to beat 44-0. Oh then they'll complain about playoffs when they will have played absolutely nobody. And they'll still lose to Friends.

genius-little.gif

Have not heard a word about Friends wanting to go to 1A. That would be very disappointing if true.

Have not heard a word about Friends wanting to go to 1A. That would be very disappointing if true.
yeah not sure I buy that either unless it's some sort of play by the Indy schools to get their league back together or something like that. I am willing to bet the Indy schools were against this whole realignment thing from the jump but whatever they can go full Indy if they want, DIAA doesn't cater to them.. I hope not anyway

Last edited:
I am only reporting what I heard from an AD. I agree it’s a hard sell to go down when you have been as successful as both have been. More so Friends wanting to go down is disappointing but just reporting what I’m hearing.

Having reviewed all this, I do know that the Indy has had some basketball dominance. Sanford, of course, but the reigning DE HS BBall Champ is Tower Hill.

Having some inside perspective on the Indy conference, some schools have success in particular sports, and that is true. The big difference is who is successful with home grown athletes and those who scour the hedgerows to keep feeding the teams. And up until two years ago, TH basketball was irrelevant...just saying.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I know the one poster indicated he is just passing on info, but I just don't see that being true for Friends. It would make no sense to know the reclassify rules and make the pitch.

Damn! I take a social media hiatus for 2 weeks and come back and all hell is broke loose. St. Marks is Class 3A now, Odessa is now 2A, they even have Appo and Middletown on the schedule. We’re arguing over who’s the better QB between 3-4 guys. I got a lot to catch up on. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT