ADVERTISEMENT

Running the Table - 18-0, 0-18

Has RLCA played anyone besides Delcastle that has a winning record? Delcastle just got beat by 3-8 CSW. By end of year they may have played 2 teams that end the season with winning records. Would rather see them play a tougher schedule and go 10-8 to get in then see them go 18-0 playing a extremely weak schedule. Not fair to teams playing tough schedules.

Oldtimer...i agree that i would rather see them 10-8 because they played tough competition. Im just curious to see how good they are. If they had scheduled maybe a couple of teams from Hen South (like Delmar, Wood even IR), a couple of teams from Diamond State or middle of the road teams like St E, Wm P, Newark, Glasgow, Mt P. That would have been interesting to see how they fared.

St Marks just squeeked by Seaford 4-0 to keep Seaford winless. Can't imagine Seaford not winning a game based on their recent games vs St Marks and Sussex Tech.

Oldskool how would they have faired if they played Newark Charters schedule? Or even Wilmington Christian?

St Marks just squeeked by Seaford 4-0 to keep Seaford winless. Can't imagine Seaford not winning a game based on their recent games vs St Marks and Sussex Tech.
Seaford's is definitely going to get off the schneid soon. How cool it would have been to get their first win against the Evil Empire!!

Christiana's nightmare season continued today. They lost 20-0 to a horrible Brandywine team. Dropping to 0-10.

Reactions: spartakos
How about a rule that states each Team shall schedule at least 2 teams from every Conference?
This would require us playing more games given the current conference rules. I t'm fine with playing more games and this year we just bumped up to 18 from 16. Henlopen plays everyone, so there's 13 games. +2 for Blue Hen, +2 for Independent, +2 for Nonconference, +2 Diamond State. There's 21 games.

oldtimer. I wouldn't recommend any middle of the road team taking on New Charters schedule. Coming into the season it was one of the tougher schedules in the state. They had 9 playoff teams from 2015 on it. Only StMarks and IR had more at 10 with Sallies at 9. Everyone else had less. Lots of teams had 7 or 8 playoff teams on their schedule.

Wilmington Christian is a good example because the play 6 playoff teams with 12 of their opponents having a .500 or better record in 2015.

So first off if WC played RLCA's schedule I think WC would possibly be 9-0. Delcastle/WC would intrigue me but I think WC is a little better.

So on the flip side if RLCA played WC schedule thus far. (WC is 6-5)

RLCA already played Sanford, Mckean, dppss and tower with simular results. RLCA would crush demarva. That's already 5 wins. Friends lost to TH so I'm assuming RLCA beats friends. That's six wins in my mind. So at a minimum RLCA would have the same record as WC if RLCA had their schedule. Now the big question is could RLCA beat Conrad, DMA, arch, Sals or Newark charter. I say no to Sals and Conrad. I say no probably to DMA and arch but maybe. I think the Newark charter game would be a good matchup.

So I think RLCA would have at least the same record(6-5) if they played WC's schedule. Maybe beating NC to get to 7 wins.

For the record I have RLCA, WC, NCall just outside the top 20 around Newark, Glasgow, Friends, Hodgson. Just behind Delmar, cr,

Sanford sits at 0-12 after thewir 12-8 loss to St Andrews yesterday

I thought this might have been one of the games where they could get beat but Red Lion moves to 10-0 with a 2-1 win over Friends today.

Sanford led Westtown 6-4 top of the 7th inning, lost 7-6. That might be their best shot too with Newark Charter, Tower Hill, Concord, Friends and Red Lion left on their schedule.

Last edited:
Take Seaford off the list. HUGE win over cape today.
Great news! While I enjoy following which teams go undefeated and winless each season, I don't like seeing any HS team go winless. You could see a win coming for Seaford as they were very competitive against two decent teams (S. Tech and St Marks) in their previous two games. Way to go Blue Jays!

Red Lion moves to 12-0 squeaking by Tatnall 2-1 today.

Christiana drops to 0-12 after a 20-2 shellacking by DAPSS today

Reactions: spartakos
So the only teams left are on the other side, with Sanford sitting at 0-14 and Christiana at 0-12

Both Sanford (0-15) and Christiana (0-13) remain winless with losses yesterday. Sanford lost 5-0 to Concord, Christiana lost 22-0 to Red Lion. Christiana has Dickinson, Poly, DAPSS and Howard left on their schedule. Sanford has Friends, Red Lion and N.Charter. It's a shame Christiana and Sanford don't play each other so at least one of these teams would get a win.

Just noticed RLCA has Sussex Central on the schedule. Last game of the season. Don't remember this game on their schedule. Is this new or did I miss something?

Definitely a last minute added game. Looks they each had a game cancelled against out of state teams. Great move by central to play the softest of any 2 pt bonus teams.

Definitely a last minute added game. Looks they each had a game cancelled against out of state teams. Great move by central to play the softest of any 2 pt bonus teams.

I was told that Central gets the points from the canceled JM Bennett game because that's what was originally scheduled , doesn't make sense to me but was a pretty reliable source

Sadly, neither Sanford or Christiana could get a win in their final game. Howard (who's actually won a handful this year, wow) beat Christiana 12-0 and Sanford dropped a close 2-1 game to Friends.

In the 13 games that Christiana actually played, they were outscored 234-11. And that's with a mercy rule. Ouch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT