ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies 48 WP 44

tophill29

Varsity
Oct 24, 2005
This game was won/lost on the foul line, mostly. Not Sallies best win of the season but they did just enough . Penn fought like hell, never gave up

Reactions: InsideKnowledge
Saw the second half on nfhs network…top, how could winning the state championship by beating a team that waxed you by 12 in January not be their best win? Maybe not their best played game….

Talent level was very low in that game.. Some how . DE has to get a shot clock.. smh.. Hard to watch...
Not sure how you consider talent. Can't speak for Penn but I guarantee D1 scouts will be on Hynson. At 6-4, 225 pounds he has the size and shot making ability plus another year. Keep an eye on the young sophmore, Robbie Johnson

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Not sure how you consider talent. Can't speak for Penn but I guarantee D1 scouts will be on Hynson. At 6-4, 225 pounds he has the size and shot making ability plus another year. Keep an eye on the young sophmore, Robbie Johnson
He will have offers, already does. Let's see if he has the academics to accept those offers

Rumors are starting to circulate of 1 or 2 Sals players being ineligible.
Surprised this is something more widely discussed. My guess would be that they making sure they do everything they can to keep them eligible. It will just hurt those kids in college

Silencing fake news. Salesianum school has their own eligibility standards that are even more demanding than what the DIAA mandates.

Division 1 Rankings

There are 363 D1 programs. There is D1 talent here in DE. Yes, it is a relatively down year talent wise. I agree with dove. Hynson is D1. I also like that Thomas kid but both guys need continued development.
Would say it is more than just a down year. We need more people to be realistic about their level of college play. Playing D2 and D3 is great, nothing wrong with that. The reality of it is, these athletes need to ensure they further their education first. Facts are facts and there is little no chance they will play beyond college. Where is the Gatorade POY from last year at?

Inside, glad you said chirping, Thanks for the explanation. I don’t recall players’ academic eligibility being discussed here before. (For sure, eligibility status based on transferring has been discussed.) I don’t like giving chirping more credence than it merits…

Last edited:
Inside, glad you said chirping, Thanks for the explanation. I don’t recall players’ academic eligibility being discussed here before. (For sure, eligibility status based on transferring has been discussed.) I don’t like giving chirping more credence than it merits…
Yeah, I hear ya. There were reports this year (didn't see them on here) about some members of the team being engaged in nefarious behavior on and off school property. Supposedly a lot of things were swept under the rug and "handled" internally.

Lol.. I speaking about whole state... Ounce again iam say it again.. There are no D-1 players as of right now in state .. That I have seen this year period..

Division 1 Rankings

There are 363 D1 programs. There is D1 talent here in DE. Yes, it is a relatively down year talent wise. I agree with dove. Hynson is D1. I also like that Thomas kid but both guys need continued development.
You named 2 kids .. As of right now .. There is none.. facts.. If you name only 2.. That means there is no talent in DElaware.. smh..

Yeah, I hear ya. There were reports this year (didn't see them on here) about some members of the team being engaged in nefarious behavior on and off school property. Supposedly a lot of things were swept under the rug and "handled" internal

I imagine we would be hearing squat about academics if they lost. Anyway, it’s something to think about for next season. Four of the five starters are back.
Sals with the winter Grand Slam- Wresting, Swimming, Track, Basketball, even Hockey I think. Of 7 Titles to be decided so far, Sals have taken 6.

Reactions: 84rider
Please know facts before you make a statement like that. This is 100% false.
Salesianum absolutely has stricter academic standards than DIAA. And as far as the "nefarious behavior" goes, it was handled internally. How else would it be handled? Kids got in trouble, were punished by the school. That doesn't require that they be suspended from or kicked off the basketball team. No school is going to issue a press release about that kind of stuff, nor should they. How Salesianum or any other school administers discipline is nobody's business but their own.

Surprised this is something more widely discussed. My guess would be that they making sure they do everything they can to keep them eligible. It will just hurt those kids in
Salesianum absolutely has stricter academic standards than DIAA. And as far as the "nefarious behavior" goes, it was handled internally. How else would it be handled? Kids got in trouble, were punished by the school. That doesn't require that they be suspended from or kicked off the basketball team. No school is going to issue a press release about that kind of stuff, nor should they. How Salesianum or any other school administers discipline is nobody's business but their own.
Sounds like we struck a nerve. How about the fact that when the football players got caught stealing they didn’t “serve” their school suspension until AFTER the football season. The incident happened the week of the Appo game (week 10) no suspension during the season. Players were asked to “apologize”. Notre Dame has high standards too for grades but somehow Randy Moss was enrolled before FSU. Sals used to be that school…now they are just another school that’s putting athletics over academics for certain skilled individuals.

Sounds like we struck a nerve. How about the fact that when the football players got caught stealing they didn’t “serve” their school suspension until AFTER the football season. The incident happened the week of the Appo game (week 10) no suspension during the season. Players were asked to “apologize”. Notre Dame has high standards too for grades but somehow Randy Moss was enrolled before FSU. Sals used to be that school…now they are just another school that’s putting athletics over academics for certain skilled individuals.
Moss was offered a scholarship to ND that was withdrawn when he got in trouble his senior year. He was never enrolled at ND.

Yeah, I hear ya. There were reports this year (didn't see them on here) about some members of the team being engaged in nefarious behavior on and off school property. Supposedly a lot of things were swept under the rug and "handled" internally.
If you go back to early in the year, you will see that a couple of Big S Basketball student athletes were suspended for games. Based on what I can put together, there was no "felonious" behavior, no law enforcement intervention, no violence, & no destruction of property.

Hope the kids learned their lesson. Just because it was a minor incident doesn't mean it can't embarrass the school or parents.

Every year kids get suspended for games for bad behavior.

Next time I visit the Big S, I will look under the rugs.

If you go back to early in the year, you will see that a couple of Big S Basketball student athletes were suspended for games. Based on what I can put together, there was no "felonious" behavior, no law enforcement intervention, no violence, & no destruction of property.

Hope the kids learned their lesson. Just because it was a minor incident doesn't mean it can't embarrass the school or parents.

Every year kids get suspended for games for bad behavior.

Next time I visit the Big S, I will look under the rugs.
1 was the same kid in the football issue….football issue was stealing from the school store….bball issue was stealing from Wawa. Bball kids were suspended I believe week 1 or so vs the PA school …Dinardo did not suspend the football kids…they just had to apologize to the rest of the team.

Hit the nail on the head with this!

Congratulations to Sals on a great win. That end of year run was impressive and worthy of a championship.
I agree, Rider. I think there is a need by some here to throw shade on the Sals.
I can’t speak to the FB situation. This is the first I have heard of it. (If you read my FB posts you know that I am not a shill for the Big S.)
My sense is that the basketball suspensions were handled properly.
We have had a tumultuous year thus far in DE HS sports with police interventions at games and gyms being cleared. Yet there may be an attempt to diminish the Sals Bball title because of of the Wawa report,
Once again, kids do dumbass crap. Let’s hope they learned a lesson.

Reactions: 84rider
I agree, Rider. I think there is a need by some here to throw shade on the Sals.
I can’t speak to the FB situation. This is the first I have heard of it. (If you read my FB posts you know that I am not a shill for the Big S.)
My sense is that the basketball suspensions were handled properly.
We have had a tumultuous year thus far in DE HS sports with police interventions at games and gyms being cleared. Yet there may be an attempt to diminish the Sals Bball title because of of the Wawa report,
Once again, kids do dumbass crap. Let’s hope they learned a lesson.
Agreed that it has been a wild year in terms of sportsmanship, whether it be with fans, coaches, players, etc. I think that plays into a lot of comments here. You hear of things and then you hear that maybe the punishment doesn't always meet everyones standards or views on how it should be handled. With the Wawa thing, students left school campus during the school day and stole from Wawa. Some of those students were involved in an earlier instance at the school. So, when is enough, enough? One could argue that if it was a non star athlete, the consequences would have been more severe. St Mark's had the whole issue with the baseball team last year and smashing mailboxes (felony btw). They tried to hide it until it was getting too much play on SM. The main kid was kicked out. Where is he now, Sallies? Howard, earlier this year. Kid was kicked off the team for the instance in FLA. That is because it made the news. You don't hear a lot of things with the Big S actually making the news.

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
Sure is a different world in the parochial schools these days. I had a couple kids I coached in Middle River got into Archbishop Curley. They got caught steeling from the school store and got kicked out of the school immediately and they were excellent athletes. this was around 2010-2011 though. There was zero tolerance for this type stuff back then I suppose.

Agreed that it has been a wild year in terms of sportsmanship, whether it be with fans, coaches, players, etc. I think that plays into a lot of comments here. You hear of things and then you hear that maybe the punishment doesn't always meet everyones standards or views on how it should be handled. With the Wawa thing, students left school campus during the school day and stole from Wawa. Some of those students were involved in an earlier instance at the school. So, when is enough, enough? One could argue that if it was a non star athlete, the consequences would have been more severe. St Mark's had the whole issue with the baseball team last year and smashing mailboxes (felony btw). They tried to hide it until it was getting too much play on SM. The main kid was kicked out. Where is he now, Sallies? Howard, earlier this year. Kid was kicked off the team for the instance in FLA. That is because it made the news. You don't hear a lot of things with the Big S actually making the news.
All true but the crime pales in comparison to some of the other issues we have. Let me say I’m glad the Wawa guys got caught and punished. Let the chips fall where they may.

All true but the crime pales in comparison to some of the other issues we have. Let me say I’m glad the Wawa guys got caught and punished. Let the chips fall where they may.
I think what’s more surprising to me is that the same individual was caught in both stealing incidents and only suspended 1 game total and most likely a day from school. The incidents were only about a month apart if that.

I think what’s more surprising to me is that the same individual was caught in both stealing incidents and only suspended 1 game total and most likely a day from school. The incidents were only about a month apart if that.
This is what you get when you have admin that cares more about athletics than academics. It is the culture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT