ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies 48 WP 44

This is what you get when you have admin that cares more about athletics than academics. It is the culture.
Here's an idea...give it up. The school has won exactly 3 titles in 57 years of state competition. The tone of your postings makes me think you would be out on a ledge somewhere if they had won a 4th.

Here's an idea...give it up. The school has won exactly 3 titles in 57 years of state competition. The tone of your postings makes me think you would be out on a ledge somewhere if they had won a 4th.
I think you are missing the point. You are just focused on basketball. They won 6 out 7 boys chips this year alone. They have the most state championship in the state. They have a soccer program run but the person that runs the largest soccer program in DE and just brings kid in from there. Part of the point here is that you have schools doing things the right way and will never win. You have public schools with harder discipline than the Big S these days. That's a fact

Reactions: DEfootballFan6
Also, they win swimming every year, cross country almost every year. You don't hear anything about the athletes in those programs.

This is where I am with it. Folks can cry and whine about whatever standards the school may or may not have, but the odds that DIAA would let them sweep anything questionable under the rug are slim and none. They won fair and square.

And y'all should stop projecting your adult issues onto teenagers.

This is where I am with it. Folks can cry and whine about whatever standards the school may or may not have, but the odds that DIAA would let them sweep anything questionable under the rug are slim and none. They won fair and square.

And y'all should stop projecting your adult issues onto

And y'all should stop projecting your adult issues onto teenagers.
If you really think DIAA would do anything, where have you been for the last I don't know, decade. Where countless thingsike this are reported to the DIAA. Also, the DIAA doesn't know what the schools don't tell them.

If you really think DIAA would do anything, where have you been for the last I don't know, decade. Where countless thingsike this are reported to the DIAA. Also, the DIAA doesn't know what the schools don't tell them.

As much hate as Sals gets on these platforms, you think somebody wouldn't dime them out?! Come on.

Reactions: 84rider
As much hate as Sals gets on these platforms, you think somebody wouldn't dime them out?! Come on.
If you listen to DIAA meetings, they get dimed out all the time. Problem is, all DIAA does is go back to the ADs and says "is this true?" What you going to tell on yourself 🤣

If you listen to DIAA meetings, they get dimed out all the time. Problem is, all DIAA does is go back to the ADs and says "is this true?" What you going to tell on yourself 🤣
Donna Polk is the Queen of schools self investigating. How many times was DMA caught doing things…Proven publicly and Donna still listed then on the agendas as “self reporting” . Let’s be real, if it wasn’t for Twitter Phil and a couple others…Nick Lincoln would still have a job and most of his antics wouldn’t have been thrown out to the public. Their shit head of school and AD would have kept it all hush hush.

Reactions: InsideKnowledge
The Bezos grants guaranteed will be used to help the basketball team again….millions! And it can only be used on Wilmington residents and children of immigrants. Somehow a recipient of that this year lives by the canal and his parents were not born outside the country. Frances De Sales…Pray for us!

• Haha
Reactions: InsideKnowledge
The Bezos grants guaranteed will be used to help the basketball team again….millions! And it can only be used on Wilmington residents and children of immigrants. Somehow a recipient of that this year lives by the canal and his parents were not born outside the country. Frances De Sales…Pray for us!
For sure one recipient was on the team this year as a Freshman...you can go-to the roster and figure it out

Talent level was very low in that game.. Some how . DE has to get a shot clock.. smh.. Hard to watch...
A shot clock will not make the kids better. That Champinship game has a few D1 prospects in it.

However grassroots development.
More coaches who don't work in the district.
More coaches should work camps and go to clinics to get better.
just a thought

A shot clock will not make the kids better. That Championship game has a few D1 prospects in it.

However grassroots development.
More coaches who don't work in the district.
More coaches should work camps and go to clinics to get better.
just a thought

Regarding NFHS and shot clock. In 2021 they came short of mandating it but recommend states start using it for the 2022-23 season. My guess it will be mandated soon for uniformity.

Currently 11 states have it mandated. California, Oregon, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, and Washington

Reactions: 84rider
So here is what most folks don't know.
Sals has their own academic standard "above" what the state sets. Even if you qualify by state standards....if you miss the school standard you will not play. Thats all sports not just Hoops and Football.

So here is what most folks don't know.
Sals has their own academic standard "above" what the state sets. Even if you qualify by state standards....if you miss the school standard you will not play. Thats all sports not just Hoops and Football.
That is just factually incorrect. They used to, that is for sure. They certainly don't anymore.

Actually That is 100% true. Even if you can play by DIAA standards. Sals requires .5 more. Meaning if the gpa is 2.0 for a freshman. Sals requires 2.5, 3.0 sals
Actually That is 100% true. Even if you can play by DIAA standards. Sals requires .5 more. Meaning if the gpa is 2.0 for a freshman. Sals requires 2.5, 3.0 sals requires 3.5
so you are saying if the Reeder brothers were below the “Sals Standards” the school wouldn’t allow them to play?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT