ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies v Conrad Sportsmanship

Sean Greene mentioned something about a coach and opposing teams dugout having words, wasn't there, so i don't care to speculate

I was there. Lots of heat between the two coaches. Words exchanged and even a bump. Security and officials came on the field between innings to settle things down. The ending was also heated because of a less than emphatic called third strike on the Sallies batter. It's tough to tell who was at fault but as a Salesianum grad I'm disappointed in the leadership of that team. Back in the day we were taught to take the high road but obviously that doesn't apply today.

That wasn't all !! Sallies 3rd baseman made a great play to get the 3rd out in the inning. He might of said something to the coach then the Conrad coach went at the kid. It was way out of line and the coach should of been tossed. I don't care if there is bad blood between the 2 teams because of the Conrad coach once coached there or not. Control yourself COACH be an example.

That is the second time in a week the same coach also flipped on an umpire a few games back and actually bump the umpire but never got tossed then either. You can watch this one on youtube under 302sports. Again.... nice example coach.

That wasn't all !! Sallies 3rd baseman made a great play to get the 3rd out in the inning. He might of said something to the coach then the Conrad coach went at the kid. It was way out of line and the coach should of been tossed. I don't care if there is bad blood between the 2 teams because of the Conrad coach once coached there or not. Control yourself COACH be an example.

That is the second time in a week the same coach also flipped on an umpire a few games back and actually bump the umpire but never got tossed then either. You can watch this one on youtube under 302sports. Again.... nice example coach.
Lots of examples of poor sportsmanship on both sides. Sals coach bumped the Conrad coach after some words were exchanged. It doesn't matter what was said there was no reason to make it physical. The Sals also over reacted to the third strike call that ended the game. There was no need to go after the umpire that made the call. I didn't see the interaction between the Conrad coach and Sallies player but I certainly would agree that it is not acceptable. If this were a regular season game I'm certain there would have been ejections on both sides.

Reactions: DESPORTSFANFROMPA
Lots of examples of poor sportsmanship on both sides. Sals coach bumped the Conrad coach after some words were exchanged. It doesn't matter what was said there was no reason to make it physical. The Sals also over reacted to the third strike call that ended the game. There was no need to go after the umpire that made the call. I didn't see the interaction between the Conrad coach and Sallies player but I certainly would agree that it is not acceptable. If this were a regular season game I'm certain there would have been ejections on both sides.

But it should not matter if its a regular season game or playoff off game. Coaches should have been tossed. I agree 100% with the over reaction to the called 3rd strike. However, I didn't even see the umpire call it. The catcher made the call and rushed out to the mound and again the umpires failed. Take control of the situation. But, it is over now and hopefully the Championship game there is more class shown.

Reactions: steeler41
From the urinal

"Conrad loaded the bases on three walks with two out in the bottom of the third. Bradigan grounded sharply to Sallies third baseman Josh Maguire, who fielded the ball and stepped on third for the final out. A split-second later, Conrad third-base coach Doug Nowell got into a heated argument with Sallies players and coaches near the Sals’ dugout, with umpires quickly intervening.

Then, in the top of the fourth, between pitches Red Wolves players and coaches spilled out of their dugout and were quickly separated from a Sallies coach along the first-base line. Between innings, DIAA executive director Tommie Neubauer came onto the field behind home plate and met with coaches from both teams, and the rest of the game was played without incident."

Doug Nowell got a raw deal at Sallies. Glad to see him stick it to the Sals.

Also good to see a little competitive fire back in baseball . Tired of watching the dead ass Phillies.

I'm sure some of the girls on the board here will have a problem . Most of them probably never played anything .

Also good to see a little competitive fire back in baseball . Tired of watching the dead ass Phillies.

I'm sure some of the girls on the board here will have a problem . Most of them probably never played anything .
The sad part about last night is that it was a well played and well pitched game,but what I will remember about the game will not be the play on the field but the actions of the coaches. I was at the game,but don't really know who started the whole thing,but the coaches need to be above all of that and be examples to their players on how to conduct themselves. For a fight between coaches to have to be broken up on the field is utterly ridiculous. I hope that this type of behavior stops in the future and that if it does not that the schools involved take some actions against the coaches involved.

Sally's and their fans, have never been very sportsman-like when things didn't go their way.

Reactions: Jawnsky

http://www.wdel.com/sports/video-co...cle_c8203f72-474e-11e7-b08c-9f237fbef814.html

Take a look at the video on wdel.com. Right after the 3rd baseman from Sallies makes the play. He yells at Conrad's Coach. I was sitting right near Sallies dugout with friends from Sallies and heard the kid yell the F-bomb at Conrad's coach . How about the Sallies 3rd baseman control himself. No discipline and entitled kid from Sallies crossing the line big time. Just complete bush league!! Coaches at Sallies should be held accountable just like the players. Sallies whines when they feel they are entitled and shouldn't lose to the public school. Their fans were just as bad. They should of clapped at the end of the game instead of booing. Respect the opponents.

I was at a few of Sallies games this year and sat very close to their dugout each time and 2 players in particular were very disrespectful to their own coach. Just bad sportsmanship by Sallies all the way around. Got to learn to lose with pride and be a respectable player or coach.

http://www.wdel.com/sports/video-co...cle_c8203f72-474e-11e7-b08c-9f237fbef814.html

Take a look at the video on wdel.com. Right after the 3rd baseman from Sallies makes the play. He yells at Conrad's Coach. I was sitting right near Sallies dugout with friends from Sallies and heard the kid yell the F-bomb at Conrad's coach . How about the Sallies 3rd baseman control himself. No discipline and entitled kid from Sallies crossing the line big time. Just complete bush league!! Coaches at Sallies should be held accountable just like the players. Sallies whines when they feel they are entitled and shouldn't lose to the public school. Their fans were just as bad. They should of clapped at the end of the game instead of booing. Respect the opponents.

I was at a few of Sallies games this year and sat very close to their dugout each time and 2 players in particular were very disrespectful to their own coach. Just bad sportsmanship by Sallies all the way around. Got to learn to lose with pride and be a respectable player or coach.
Amen! It's the same with football.

AGREED!! Check the video. Clearly Salesianum player had some words for Conrad coach as he was walking off the field. Coach Nowell went to the Salesianum coaching staff to address the players vulgar comments. Godfrey, in turn, reacted with objection to Doug's comments. Godfrey cannot handle his players or that team.

No "FBomb" was yelled. and no one seems to know that the Conrad player on third cussed at and threatened to punch the 3B from sals for tagging "too hard". Neither is acceptable but it goes both ways.

From the urinal

"Conrad loaded the bases on three walks with two out in the bottom of the third. Bradigan grounded sharply to Sallies third baseman Josh Maguire, who fielded the ball and stepped on third for the final out. A split-second later, Conrad third-base coach Doug Nowell got into a heated argument with Sallies players and coaches near the Sals’ dugout, with umpires quickly intervening.

Then, in the top of the fourth, between pitches Red Wolves players and coaches spilled out of their dugout and were quickly separated from a Sallies coach along the first-base line. Between innings, DIAA executive director Tommie Neubauer came onto the field behind home plate and met with coaches from both teams, and the rest of the game was played without incident."

Good stuff, if the kid said something to Dougie, he's not going to let it slide. Sounds like someone's kid got a little out of line. Doug has earned his stripes, you don't disrespect that man. Should he have fired back, probably not, however, whoever the kid was that said it needs a history lesson.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter because if Conrad does that bush league bs against caravel they stand no chance. A couple of years ago Dover had a feud much like that against caravel and lost every time. Caravel feeds off bulletin board material. Plus neither team's one or two are available making it most likely an offensive game, advantage caravel

No "FBomb" was yelled. and no one seems to know that the Conrad player on third cussed at and threatened to punch the 3B from sals for tagging "too hard". Neither is acceptable but it goes both ways.

Stop it!!! You sound like an enabling parent. More excuses.

There was no hard tag. It was a force play at 3B. Don't make stuff up about the Conrad player to try to deflect the blame from the player that was disrespectful to a coach.

There was no hard tag. It was a force play at 3B. Don't make stuff up about the Conrad player to try to deflect the blame from the player that was disrespectful to a coach.
The inning prior there was a tag on a stolen base attempt. Sorry you don't have all the facts The comment was regarding a play in the prior inning NOT the force play.

The inning prior there was a tag on a stolen base attempt. Sorry you don't have all the facts The comment was regarding a play in the prior inning NOT the force play.
Hey 3 poster... Gotta be very clear on here b/c this one guy might get chippy with you

Everyone can keep going around and around with this but all you have to do is watch the video of the game. Then you see the whole thing with your own eyes. But like I already said, there is absolutely no way all those coaches should of been there to finish the game.

Reactions: baseballfan1811
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT