ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies vs Calvert Hall

BlueTea

D1A Prospect
Oct 3, 2006
I just saw that Calvert Hall was ranked # 1 in the country before they were upset at home by # 3 ranked Conestoga PA yesterday.

What are your thoughts on Sallies chances down there tomorrow ?

Conestoga upsets Calvert Hall

Originally posted by dukkieee:
Tea, what do you do for a living?
just curious

I'm retired from the marketing and sales branch of a well-known New York based consumer products company. I also briefly practiced law.

These days. I'm a gentleman investor and part time teacher of AP Astrophysics and Applied Quantum Mechanics for an internet "cyber school" company called National Connections Academy. I teach high school students and pre college football players.

See link

http://www.nationalconnectionsacademy.com/private-school/home.aspx

you could of just said "I sit back and count my money".....that would of worked.....haha

Sallies is by far the best Delaware has to offer. However, I think Sallies is in for a LOOOONG day vs Calvert Hall. Especially with CH coming off a loss!

CH 13 SALS 5

Just found this posted:

Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 3/25/12

Salesianum School was within two goals midway the third period of today’s game at national power Calvert Hall (Md.)

The host Cardinals then took over and claimed a 13-5 victory over the defending Delaware state champions, who fell to 1-1.

The Sals (1-1) got two goals from Troy Reeder and a goal and two assists from Sean Giampietro. Calvert Hall (4-1) was coming off an 11-10 loss to Conestoga Friday in a game that will probably knock it off the perch as the No. 1 team in the nation ? but that also made the task that much together for Salesianum.

“I thought we played hard and we made some mistakes that they capitalized on and you can’t do that against a Calvert Hall,” said Sals coach Bobby Healy. “Coming off of a loss we knew they’d be ready to play. But we matched their intensity level and we were swinging toe to toe.”

The Sals are hoping this year to repeat as Delaware champs and make noise on the national scale.

“I thought we definitely took a step in the right direction, without a doubt,” said Healy. “It’s our second game of the year and we need to clean up a few things ? once we do that, hopefully good things will happen.”

Salesianum School
Troy Reeder 2g
Dylan walker 1g, 1a
Sean Giampietro 1g, 2a
Craig Zebrowski 1g
Jason Kelly 1a
Matt Barone 11 saves

Calvert Hall leaders
Ryan Brown 3g
Stephen Kelly 3G
Jordan Germerhausen 3g

I wonder if the Sals would've made it closer of they had a few more games under their belts.

I went down to the game with my son. Sallies was close at the beginning of the third quarter then CH went on a run scoring several quick goals off transition to pretty much put the game away.I actually thought Sallies played fairly well but you can't make any mistakes against a team like Calvert Hall and Sallies made a few and bang the ball was in the net.

I rememeber years ago calvert hall coming into newark, and they were nationally ranked in football, etc etc...newark opened up a can a whop-a$$ on them.

Sals are boss.....state tourney trophy in the bag...
uzi.gif

Originally posted by ceech1:
I rememeber years ago calvert hall coming into newark, and they were nationally ranked in football, etc etc...newark opened up a can a whop-a$$ on them.

I posted something like that on the football board a while back and Rockchalk (the red lion fan from MD) tracked down and posted Calvert Hall's record from that year and they had a losing record.

It was still a nice win for Newark - a kill actually - but Calver Hall was far from being nationally ranked that year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT