ADVERTISEMENT

SAT Scores Week 2

Dover came out strong, not sure if it was a much 'running out of gas' or Sals adjusting well on D. Watkins is something. Hopefully Peace is 100% going forward.

PS: New Journal reporter should find a different color than purple in the future ;)

Dover looks exhausted in this 2nd half. There were glimpses of it late in the 1st.

Given their result last week against Hodgson it was good to see them come into the game tonight and went tic for tac with Sallies. They needed to do that because if they didn’t their season would be over with no hope of playoffs. They responded well, but Sallies has the horses to outlast them and it’s showing.

Seeing Dover last week I thought Sallies would have ran away with it. If they can keep making the right moves, and play smart (something they aren’t known for) they could make make some ground up against the Henlopen conference. They have Central, Tech and Smyrna.....if they could pull the upsets over some of them they can still make the playoffs after going 0-2. They will get some serious bonus points this season too. But they need Peace healthy and right now he’s limping.

I don't see much from this team other than Peace.. All the schemes are bad,, I can't see them top 3 Henny North at this point

I thought they were going to fix Dover’s QB situation, Oops, I mean offensive situation, but I was wrong. Dover was mounting a good series until the QB threw an easy interception. Score was 28-20 at that point. That was the turning point of the game. For some strange reason Dover kept running weak side instead of giving Peace an opportunity to use his speed and agility on the strong side.

Reactions: Downstate4
No, going for it on 4th down in Sallies territory was dumb, plus #4 should get more snaps he will be better option at QB in the long term.

Sals/Dover. First half - Peace = the quickest slickest back since Joe Todd and the Slowskys are back all in 24 minutes of football plus the extra added attraction of Sals O-line costing themselves 2 TD's.

Sals/Dover. Second half - Sals returns to the road grading machine that they can be.

On a side note. The Dover and Sals players were not only well behaved, they were down right cordial.

Sat week 2 wrap up

St Marks 23 St E's 7
Sallies 42 Dover 20
Parkside 42 Delmar 7 RC
Archmere 28 Conrad 14
Penn 27 Cape 6
Glasgow 28 Brandywine 24
HVT 42 St G 7 RC
Tower Hill 34 Charter 10
Mt P 41 Newark 8
Friends 28 Sid Friends 0

Joe Todd? Maybe. I thought that Peace looked like Gale Sayers on those runs.

Brandywine has done a magnificent job with their facilities. That FB field looked great. The lights were outstanding. Great investment for the community. The stadium was packed. (Someone posted that there were empty seats. Maybe late in the 3rd quarter or when the bands were on the field.)

Even though it was the first night football game at Brandywine's Modica field, Dover's Band was lights out. Great show by Dover's Band.

Go Sals. .

Last edited:
27-0 Parkside 2 min left half

Parkside is either very good and will win the region to go to final four or Delmar and St Mary's are really down.. If Parkside is that good I don't see any Bayside or Cecil County or Harford County team beating them
parkside came in 0 and 1 with a bayside conference loss in week 1, so maybe not world beaters on the maryland side, maybe delmar is a little down.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Their second best player was suspended due to 2 PF vs Hodgson last week.

Dover had enough pieces out there to do the job last night, but they’re in the wrong place. A better QB option was on the sideline #4 for most of the game. Another potentially best QB option is playing WR. #3. He and Peace has had the most chemistry since Pop Warner days. He would be a run and pass threat option that teams would have to account for. Right now, they have only Peace to account for. JMO

Dover had enough pieces out there to do the job last night, but they’re in the wrong place. A better QB option was on the sideline #4 for most of the game. Another potentially best QB option is playing WR. #3. He and Peace has had the most chemistry since Pop Warner days. He would be a run and pass threat option that teams would have to account for. Right now, they have only Peace to account for. JMO
IMO they should have never added Hodgson and Sallies to their schedule, let alone the first two games of the season.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Spot on advice with this from a fathers prospective. I would love for you to explain to everyone how you put #3 and #4 in the correct place. If these boys have had chemistry since Pop Warner days why are they just now playing together their senior year? Pop Warner and HS football are completely different. If #4 is the better QB threat where has he been all of HS? Did he not want to play behind Magee as QB the last few years? I mean if #4 is such a threat he should’ve easily beat out a sophomore QB. Stop making sideline excuses if you aren’t offering sound advice.
Whoever was in charge of making Dovers schedule needs to be questioned. Those football players did a good job against the 2 best teams in the state.

Spot on advice with this from a fathers prospective. I would love for you to explain to everyone how you put #3 and #4 in the correct place. If these boys have had chemistry since Pop Warner days why are they just now playing together their senior year? Pop Warner and HS football are completely different. If #4 is the better QB threat where has he been all of HS? Did he not want to play behind Magee as QB the last few years? I mean if #4 is such a threat he should’ve easily beat out a sophomore QB. Stop making sideline excuses if you aren’t offering sound advice.
Whoever was in charge of making Dovers schedule needs to be questioned. Those football players did a good job against the 2 best teams in the state.

o_O

Ok, the soph QB is not threat to run and when he's pressured he panics and doesn't step up on the pocket and go through his progressions or just dump
ball off to a check down.

Did you notice that Sallies QB ran a necked bootlegs for a TD when they loaded up on Walkins. So Dover lines up in RPO but really only run three plays, Peace run, WR screen or Jet sweep. There is nothing keeping the defense honest.

These is not to bang on #13, he would do well in system like Sallies or he should concentrate on kicking and puting that's where I think his ceiling at!

Yes he was but Dover defense got to get better real quick.. One man should never beat you.. Dover game plan should of been focus strictly on Watkins.. Force somebody else to beat you.. Smh.. Common sense
Ok, the soph QB is not threat to run and when he's pressured he panics and doesn't step up on the pocket and go through his progressions or just dump

Did you notice that Sallies QB ran a necked bootlegs for a TD when they loaded up on Walkins. So Dover lines up in RPO but really only run three plays, Peace run, WR screen or Jet sweep. There is nothing keeping the defense honest.

These is not to bang on #13, he would do well in system like Sallies or he should concentrate on kicking and puting that's where I think his ceiling at!
Downstate were you even at the game or watching on 302? Apparently Senator paid attention, as was noted in his thread about the bootleg. Don’t make judgement if you aren’t knowledgeable. Did you see the way Dover bit hard on the play action every time... common sense... stop trying to troll...

I know people like you think fathers don’t know much, as if we haven’t played and coached the game. Smh. Nevertheless, You must not know who #4 and #3 are. Yes, Pop Warner is different from HS ball, but athletes are athletes, and chemistry is chemistry. #3 has played varsity ball since a freshman. Started varsity ball his sophomore year. #3 and #4 didn’t play their junior years because certain influences were in their ears to focus on something different. And before #4 and #3 got moved up varsity near the middle of their freshman year, they together were destroying teams!!! Google them, and you will see what I’m talking about.

I know people like you think fathers don’t know much, as if we haven’t played and coached the game. Smh. Nevertheless, You must not know who #4 and #3 are. Yes, Pop Warner is different from HS ball, but athletes are athletes, and chemistry is chemistry. #3 has played varsity ball since a freshman. Started varsity ball his sophomore year. #3 and #4 didn’t play their junior years because certain influences were in their ears to focus on something different. And before #4 and #3 got moved up varsity near the middle of their freshman year, they together were destroying teams!!! Google them, and you will see what I’m talking about.
I don’t know who you are or your son. I can tell you that my sons were never veered off path athletically by another person on whatever sport they participated in or not.

Last edited:
Dover came out strong, not sure if it was a much 'running out of gas' or Sals adjusting well on D. Watkins is something. Hopefully Peace is 100% going forward.

PS: New Journal reporter should find a different color than purple in the future ;)
Yup. Give Sals a great running back, a big line, and a defense which always gets better as the year goes on, and that’s a recipe for a state title

Very very impressed by Sals QB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT