ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday quarterfinals 3/2/19

As I sit

I was told the State Police that were there were even turning down presale tix & no refunds...sad if true.
Correct, there weren’t any refunds given out tonight. Such a poor job by DIAA, Polytech is definitely one of the smaller gyms they could of found a better spot.

Correct, there weren’t any refunds given out tonight. Such a poor job by DIAA, Polytech is definitely one of the smaller gyms they could of found a better spot.
Absolutely no excuse for that...selling tix for an event, not allowing those who bought the tix to get in AND most of all no refunds should be a crime. Plain & simple you just stole money from these people...smh

Absolutely no excuse for that...selling tix for an event, not allowing those who bought the tix to get in AND most of all no refunds should be a crime. Plain & simple you just stole money from these people...smh
Lines were ridiculous, I can only imagine how much money they robbed from people tonight. I mean a bunch of parents and kids just standing in lines and outside not a good look for DIAA tonight.

I remember going to a Henlopen championship game at CR years ago. My friend and I got there a half hour before the game but didn't have tickets. We waited in line and they were letting people in who had got tickets in advance. Sounds like that didn't happen at Poly.

Never heard Sanford final. They win easily?

They won by like 20.. They were in a tight game first half. I think Sallies had a 7 or 8 point lead at one point. Vaughan got hurt in the middle of the second QTR and Sallies lost all momentum and never got it back.

Sanford was in the bonus 6 minutes into the first... refs were very whistle happy early.

Really boiled down to Sallies not having an answer for Sanford inside.

Reactions: 8yaz
BYW they announced that the Sanford - Sals was also a sellout.

Wonder if there were any issues at St George's? I didn't hear anything...

The DIAA knew these would/could be big games. So they pick one of the smallest gyms to host the game??!! Not to mention the fans that drove a distance and to not refund $$. Absolutely messed up! What a bunch of idiots!!

And the officiating in all the state games so far boys and girls, has been the worst I’ve seen. They should be embarrassed. Teams make it this far, let them play the damn game!!

Reactions: Roddav3557
Hard to beat Stanford. There’ must be something “magical” about the little school tucked away in the rolling hills of Hockessin....”give me your poor, tired masses yearning to play basketball”. Dam; I could write for the NJ.

Hard to beat Stanford. There’ must be something “magical” about the little school tucked away in the rolling hills of Hockessin....”give me your poor, tired masses yearning to play basketball”. Dam; I could write for the NJ.
Nothing magical. Maybe one year 5 parents down lower DE will put their heads together and send their 5 studs to the same private school. On that note, is St. Thomas More the only private HS in lower DE?

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I have been all over the map with the Sanford model. I used to think it was not a good thing for DE HS Bball. I have changed my perspective on that.

First off, I have know Stan for like 30 years. He is a great person and a very good coach. He obviously has the competitive model embedded. His kids are classy.

I now support the model. I think the Big S should play them twice a year. Back in the day they played Howard and PS home and away. What the hell. (and they only played 16 games back then.)

(Don't tell Stan this but this year I will be rooting for Dover this year. Dover is long overdue and should have won the title in 1972. Dover was up by one point with less than like 8 seconds left in the game, Dover's Ty Schultz got called for walking on a layup. The basket would have put Dover up by 3 but instead WHS gets the ball back and makes a shot from the corner at the buzzer. The Red Devils win by 1 point!!! Why did Lou Moser make that call? Why did Schultz try to score? Why hasn't Dover ever won the title?)

It’s about time DE stops worrying about privates recruiting. The public’s have been doing the same with school choice. Just suck it up an enjoy watching the good teams play who cares how they were formed. Neighborhood teams are no more and won’t ever be again

Not 100% agreement on that, BinB. I really think downstate still has that hometown flavor. I realize there is still choice and that the vo-techs are county wide. There still is some of that Town vs Town thing.

A few years ago there was talk of consolidating Delmar, Laurel, Seaford and Woodbridbge. It got shot down very quickly.

You are right the neighborhood feel has been lost in New Castle County...

Does the Mayor of Dover go to the Dover games?...

Reactions: 84rider
I have been all over the map with the Sanford model. I used to think it was not a good thing for DE HS Bball. I have changed my perspective on that.

First off, I have know Stan for like 30 years. He is a great person and a very good coach. He obviously has the competitive model embedded. His kids are classy.

I now support the model. I think the Big S should play them twice a year. Back in the day they played Howard and PS home and away. What the hell. (and they only played 16 games back then.)

(Don't tell Stan this but this year I will be rooting for Dover this year. Dover is long overdue and should have won the title in 1972. Dover was up by one point with less than like 8 seconds left in the game, Dover's Ty Schultz got called for walking on a layup. The basket would have put Dover up by 3 but instead WHS gets the ball back and makes a shot from the corner at the buzzer. The Red Devils win by 1 point!!! Why did Lou Moser make that call? Why did Schultz try to score? Why hasn't Dover ever won the title?)

Dover has the most tournament appearances of any school without a title - 42. Maybe the 43rd time's the charm?

(Also co-sign on Stan being a great person, our families have known each other my entire life, but I wouldn't be upset if Dover did take this one.)

Reactions: Patcomic
Not 100% agreement on that, BinB. I really think downstate still has that hometown flavor. I realize there is still choice and that the vo-techs are county wide. There still is some of that Town vs Town thing.

A few years ago there was talk of consolidating Delmar, Laurel, Seaford and Woodbridbge. It got shot down very quickly.

You are right the neighborhood feel has been lost in New Castle County...

Does the Mayor of Dover go to the Dover games?...

Honestly, that's why the downstate schools remain competitive, because they do have a neighborhood pride thing going on and privates/vo-techs/charters haven't polluted the area...yet.

Reactions: 84rider
But is that a good thing? Personally I think drawling lines in the dirt and having an us vs them attitude is bad. Whether it be this street vs that street or this county vs that county or this state vs this state or this country vs that country. Why do we have to feel we are better than our neighbors? We’re all just people trying to navigate our lives Why the need to be better than folks on the other side of whatever line is drawn?

But is that a good thing? Personally I think drawling lines in the dirt and having an us vs them attitude is bad. Whether it be this street vs that street or this county vs that county or this state vs this state or this country vs that country. Why do we have to feel we are better than our neighbors? We’re all just people trying to navigate our lives Why the need to be better than folks on the other side of whatever line is drawn?
Wait a minute. Do you want to have all the kids line up and pick teams?? Dweeb Jim and Geek Steve are captains!!

Not necessarily but yeah. The best games I was involved in was at the courts and sides were chosen and we were shirts vs skins. We balled all day on that and loved it. no refs.no parents. Just ballin. And we did it up riteous.

Reactions: soccer07
You guys got my memories flowing. Damn the parkville courts in Baltimore the Dunbar boys used to come and run every one but I was known as the enforcer a defensive master. I remember Sam Cassel and his creew came to play. I drew Sam of course Shut him down and as it turned out scored the winning lay up thanks to my homies great dime. Those were the days. Do kids even ball on the courts these days? Are there any courts to ball on?

What do you say84? Me vs you You have 30 seconds to score. If not winner winner steak dinner to the winner. I guarantee you have no shot scoring against me unless you just throw up a lucky shot . In that case you win and eat steak

12 yr old me was there and I remember that final shot. What a play!!!! They had to take it the length of the court in 3 secs. Nate Evans took the ball out and threw it to mid court where 6'6" Ron Johnson jumps high and catches the ball. Then the over the head pass to an open Floyd Evans in the corner. SPLASH! They used to let us kids right next to the court on the side where there were no bleachers. So, I had a great view of the play. Never forgot it, and always think of it when they need to go the length with just seconds left. Great win, with a great coach. Wilmington High!!!

What do you say84? Me vs you You have 30 seconds to score. If not winner winner steak dinner to the winner. I guarantee you have no shot scoring against me unless you just throw up a lucky shot . In that case you win and eat steak

lol, I can still play for an old guy, it me be my pleasure to do a meet and greet one one one to 11

Like and get are two different things. This will be like taking candy from a baby. No not till 11. Your ball and 30 seconds to score. If no score you lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT