ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Scores 10/21

ravensrooster2

Top 100 Prospect
Jun 30, 2010
SATURDAY’S GAMES
St. Georges at Concord, 10:30 a.m.
Delcastle at Hodgson, 10:30 a.m.
Red Lion Christian at Christiana, 11 a.m.
McKean at Conrad, 11 a.m.
Indian River at Laurel, 1
Tower Hill at St. Andrew's, 1
St. Elizabeth at Archmere, 2
Glasgow at Mount Pleasant, 2
Wilmington Friends at Tatnall, 2
St. Mark's vs. Delaware Military at Baynard Stadium, 7

As someone who played at Howard before they were allowed to have night games at Baynard (and apparently, it's gone back to that), 10:30 am Saturday morning was ALWAYS painful. Part of the reason the team really didn't get good until 1) Dan Ritter's arrival and 2) Winning games made for better match-ups at night.

Gonna be funny when Conrad makes the tournament only to get buzzsawed by Archmere/Caravel/Delmar/Glasgow...

Actually Conrad won't won't make the tournament if they lose to Tower Hill or DMA.. 8-2 wont be good enough for them with only 1 or 2 bonus pts,, 33 or 34 wont make the cut and they would lose in a tie breaker situation

Last edited:
Actually Conrad won't won't make the tournament if they lose to Tower Hill or DMA.. 8-2 wont be good enough for them with only 1 or 2 bonus pts,, 33 or 34 wont make the cut and they would lose in a tie breaker situation

nevermind I just realized they have Charter and Delcastle on the schedule for D1 points..doh!

after going over the numbers with lilrooster its looking like 3.7 or 3.8 will be the cut-off best CA can do is 7 or 8 seed but they have to win out but if Howard beats Glasgow then Howard will be ahead of CA and ST Marks then the last spot will be between St Marks and CA.. If St Marks beats DMA or Woodbridge then they would get in.. So basically the Howard vs Glasgow will determine things.. Truth be told its not looking good for CA in the final analysis Glasgow has to beat Howard for CA to get in or St Mark lose to both DMA and Woodbridge

Whats crazy is St Marks could be ahead of Howard and Caravel even though they lost to both of them grrr

Last edited:
Its a good thing neither of these team play up tempo no hudle or they would be in trouble.. The tub o lard ref setting the ball just waddles to pick it up and set it..Takes 10 secs to set the ball and seems to be laboring and its not even half time yet lol

nevermind I just realized they have Charter and Delcastle on the schedule for D1 points..doh!

after going over the numbers with lilrooster its looking like 3.7 or 3.8 will be the cut-off best CA can do is 7 or 8 seed but they have to win out but if Howard beats Glasgow then Howard will be ahead of CA and ST Marks then the last spot will be between St Marks and CA.. If St Marks beats DMA or Woodbridge then they would get in.. So basically the Howard vs Glasgow will determine things.. Truth be told its not looking good for CA in the final analysis Glasgow has to beat Howard for CA to get in or St Mark lose to both DMA and Woodbridge

Whats crazy is St Marks could be ahead of Howard and Caravel even though they lost to both of them grrr

@ravensrooster2 St Marks beat Howard last week 23-16.

Its a good thing neither of these team play up tempo no hudle or they would be in trouble.. The tub o lard ref setting the ball just waddles to pick it up and set it..Takes 10 secs to set the ball and seems to be laboring and its not even half time yet lol
Easy Raven- its warm out there lol

Reactions: ravensrooster2

Caravel Bucs are without doubt a playoff team-if they get screwed by the point system, that's a travesty. Matter of fact-they are a top 3 D-2 team!
.....all that said-I have seen plenty of teams miss the postseason in scenarios like this.

Reactions: ravensrooster2
Caravel Bucs are without doubt a playoff team-if they get screwed by the point system, that's a travesty. Matter of fact-they are a top 3 D-2 team!
.....all that said-I have seen plenty of teams miss the postseason in scenarios like this.

kind of did it to themselves .. no reason to schedule Edmonson or Howard but then you off set that scheduling Silver Oak and Cap Christian,, is what it is,,, DE teams need to just step up and play them its silly they have to scramble to find 4 games every year.. DSC and SPL should be playing them.. They only have 32-35 players in the program.. good grief

lilrooster didn't mess up I did... should have been Howard could be ahead of CA and St Marks even though St Marks beat them and St Marks could be over CA even though CA beat them.. bottom line CA is F'd lol

Who's an idiot?

latest

Reactions: 84rider and Jawnsky
Caravel gets ducked by a lot of Delaware teams because they know they'd get tuned up. It's why Conrad scheduled Delcastle and why they, DMA and Archmere welcomed Charter with open arms because it's a cheap 6 points. No way in hell Conrad should be a tournament team and DMA/Archmere being as high up as they'll be. It sucks but maybe it'll force DIAA to make some changes. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

Caravel gets ducked by a lot of Delaware teams because they know they'd get tuned up. It's why Conrad scheduled Delcastle and why they, DMA and Archmere welcomed Charter with open arms because it's a cheap 6 points. No way in hell Conrad should be a tournament team and DMA/Archmere being as high up as they'll be. It sucks but maybe it'll force DIAA to make some changes. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

DMA has a victory over Milford

Archmere isnt getting in.. If they win today the most they will have is 36 They cant get in over Caravel with head to head.. CA will be at 36 or 37

And that's it for that conference. Everybody else has been cupcakes.

DMA's top level opponents in 2017
Milford-24-23 win
Hodgson-14-8 loss (division one)
St. Marks--TBD

Yep a few lesser competitive teams are on the schedule but with the three aforementioned opponents I don't think anyone would call it a weak schedule.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT