ADVERTISEMENT

Semis location

Dec 14, 2018
Why are the semis being held at caravel? We have two downstate and two upstate schools playing, yet the location is at caravel which is much closer to both Sallies and Archmere than it is to CR and Cape. Same thing happened last year.

Reactions: 84rider
My guess is Dover was on the table, but girls' soccer stretched its semis over two days because of graduations and whatnot. Also, there's a possibility DIAA didn't want to overuse Smyrna's turf, although Appo would've been a nice midpoint option.

Last edited:
Geography is just one factor in determining where the games will be played. DIAA can't just call a school and tell them they're hosting a doubleheader.

I'd rather have the lacrosse at Appo or even Smyrna, even though both are further from Wilmington. Getting to Caravel for a 6 p.m. start is no picnic.

Geography is just one factor in determining where the games will be played. DIAA can't just call a school and tell them they're hosting a doubleheader.

I'd rather have the lacrosse at Appo or even Smyrna, even though both are further from Wilmington. Getting to Caravel for a 6 p.m. start is no picnic.

NO matter which way you take. 95 to 896 is insane, Kirkwood Highway is slow, 13 to 72 can be rough.

My guess is Dover was on the table, but girls' soccer stretch its semis over two days because of graduations and whatnot. Also, there's a possibility DIAA didn't want to overuse Smyrna's turf, although Appo would've been a nice midpoint option.
Exactly there are other locations that would be a better fit as a neutral location that just hasn’t been picked, unfair.

Exactly there are other locations that would be a better fit as a neutral location that just hasn’t been picked, unfair.

Cape is the #1 seed they should have a game further downstate. Thats crap IMO - Middletown, Smyrna, Dover, Milford, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT