ADVERTISEMENT

Shock of the Year?

Longagoplayer

In the weight room getting big
Jun 16, 2021
Before the season gets officially under the way why don't we have a little fun. How about posting an absolute shock for the year, something that really comes out of left field. I'm doing this more for fun and discussion than for real seriousness. For my shock I will go back to my days of being a Dover homer and saying they will go 8-2 and end up with a #2 seed in the state tournament.

For real: Cape will beat Salesianum on Thursday night. Reports from the Big S scrimmages have been dismal.
This is not the 2006 Bummy trying to be provocative. Word is that they are the worst team in the BDN era.
Thank God my son in law doesn’t read this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: Longagoplayer
Bummy, BDN has said they would unveil a weapon little used in the BDN era, the forward pass! Unheard of but maybe true. Instead of a school where quarterbacks go to die there may be something that the old boy says. I looked down the list of Sallies coaches and see Gene DelleDone is now an assistant. What better coach for a quarterback normally trained to handoff.

Smyrna vs. Bergen Catholic, and Middletown vs. St. Joes.
One of our in state boys will pull the upset.

that’s my shock of the year cause no one will expect it

After watching the Appo-Green Knights scrim, I can see the Jags going .500 and making the Tourney.
2021 Summary: When the 4th Qtr starts, he still weighs 300+.
Technically all Division 3 teams make the tourney since there is only 11 of them.

Thanx, you are correct. The shock for me will be making tournament with a home game.
I am pulling for Appo, Kurt Von Brandt coached my son for the last four years for youth football and we are really pulling for Ryan and the whole Jags team.

I like Tatnall to compete in Class 1A & compete for a State Championship over the next few years. They are very young this year, but if those young guys they brought in stick around they could very well be a team to watch in the next couple years in 1A. I’m told they handled Polytech pretty easily in their scrimmage last week.

Reactions: Longagoplayer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT