ADVERTISEMENT

Sills headed to CA

Perhaps Delaware should offer that Red Lion/ECA head coach who recruited and put that team together. That guy put something together and in very short order. Where is THAT guy? And why have we not heard of THAT guy? I bet Coach Judy, certainly not Coach Joe would want to see THAT guy across the field.
He was offered a lot of jobs in that short time at a lot of high profile programs, he wanted to build somthing of his own, with his own kids, and didn't want to go back to college.

I'm pretty sure he is spending time with his family for the time being.

Reactions: eagle control
I think there were maybe three UD verbal offers to former ECA players, and another of interest. Just not a lot of visibility while school was still kicking.

Would some college please step up and give the father and kid what they want!!! This is taking oh so long.
not going to happen.. its very rare a JUCO QB gets an offer,, I am sure some teams will give him a prefered walk on but BCS schools wont spend a scholly on a JUCO unless they expect them to play right away.. would rather put the scholly into a redshirt freshman prospect...if he looks FCS he has a shot but his arm is not there

"Leppar"

Now that's funny.

Personally I think the kid screwed up by leaving WVU. Most of us weren't good enough to even play in college let alone see good time at a Big 12 school. He was playing WR at DI level. Not easy to do. Embrace that.

Kid had too much put on him at young age . Shame. You can thank Daddy and Kiffin.

Reactions: spartakos
not going to happen.. its very rare a JUCO QB gets an offer,, I am sure some teams will give him a prefered walk on but BCS schools wont spend a scholly on a JUCO unless they expect them to play right away.. would rather put the scholly into a redshirt freshman prospect...if he looks FCS he has a shot but his arm is not there
He has 2 offers according to a former ECA coach

Reactions: jwb703
Perhaps Delaware should offer that Red Lion/ECA head coach who recruited and put that team together. That guy put something together and in very short order. Where is THAT guy? And why have we not heard of THAT guy? I bet Coach Judy, certainly not Coach Joe would want to see THAT guy across the field.
Are you talking about Coach Day or Coach Thomas? Coach Day was the HC at Red Lion originally and was the mastermind of the offense that Coach Marks now runs at Smyrna.. Day and Thomas was hired away from Del STate but Day was the OC there... Thomas became the DC at RL... Thomas was the trainer that ran the Flash Training.. Day was let go over covering up a fight in the RL locker room between two players.. Thomas then became the HC and Marks the OC... I dont think Day or Thomas was involved in the recruiting.. Mostly assistant coaches, middleschool coaches and parents.. Really the recruiting was inviting kids to Flash then they hear what RL was planning to do from other parents while waiting for their kid to finish his workout.. the bugaboo was Sills financial aide program FOCAS. Kids and parents knew they could go there and be a part and not pay much

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Sills and "not pay much" seem to always find each other
between training, Red Lion, ECA and travel schedules I bet he paid more than a million but none the less the FOCAS deal was based on parents having to file with a financial aide evaluator and went off their findings as far as what percentage a family was able to pay.. That part was legit

Last edited:
Some highlights, looks good
finally getting around to watching this.. Some good plays, runs well and throws on the run well. but many of the plays on this reel are not highlights. A handfull or more plays are of incomplete passes and some of him just escaping pressure and running out of bounds for no yards.. no plays of him firing it in tight spots or any showing of him being able to make the tough throws.. short dumps and lobs,, not hating just calling what I see..

Last edited:
between training, Red Lion, ECA and travel schedules I bet he paid more than a million but none the less the FOCAS deal was based on parents having to file with a financial aide evaluator and went of their findings as far as what percetage a family was able to pay.. That part was legit
And probably spent triple that for ECA

Not a hater though hell he did me right,, He paid my ticket to travel with the team to Ft Lauderdale to play University High and invited me to join him and the coaches to a dinner at a fancy steak place there and paid for it.. For that I am very greatfull.. That food was good as hell.. and it wasnt the first time .He always treated me like I was in the fold. I don't really know him as I have had very few real converstions with him if any but he and his family were always very cordial and giving to us

The only issue I have with Sills is my sons freshman year at Red Lion which is also his sons freshman year.. He was putting stats into Maxpreps when previousley Eric Day did it.. but he was only putting his kids stats in but no one elses. Well my son had a 21 tackle performance agains Pennsgrove and was up for the Air Force national player of the week and the RL coaches said he was a shoe in.. Only Sills didnt enter the stats when he should have.. Sills did appologize and said it was his fault but really? Not that tmaxpreps stuff really matters but its just the principle of the thing.. I did have the feeling he screwed my son from an award because no one was going to upstage his.. but I got over it

wtf who enter stats for just one kid when the three previous years all kids stats were entered?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/red-lion-christian-academy-(bear,de)/football-fall-11/stats.htm
Was his steak Very VERY VERY under cooked ? Lol

That being said the sails are some of the nicest and most generous people I've come across with money, I know throughout the summers, they're literally open up their beach home for the kids to go down to when ever they wanted. Mom sills wasn't always ok with it but I know Mr sills would always say if the boys want to be here instead on the street somewhere he could care less.

I have no reason to doubt any of what the two of you say and it is all very good. You on the other hand have no reason to doubt what I have asserted and the results were very very bad for a lot of people. Good companies were ruined, families ruined, and all so this guy could play his game and buy dinners. It's not done yet
I have reason to doubt (not saying it's not true) because I just have no knowledge of it, nor have I even heard about it anywhere but here, 'mainly (maybe only) from you.

I only know and experienced the good from him, and I am grateful for all he has done for my family and the 30-40 other young men.

If what you say is true, and to the extent you are speaking of, and on purpose, then the truth should come out

Was his steak Very VERY VERY under cooked ? Lol

That being said the sails are some of the nicest and most generous people I've come across with money, I know throughout the summers, they're literally open up their beach home for the kids to go down to when ever they wanted. Mom sills wasn't always ok with it but I know Mr sills would always say if the boys want to be here instead on the street somewhere he could care less.
Its wasnt as raw as Toal Steak lol

Toal, a Toal, a Toal steak please good misses a Toal steak.
An apple, a pear, a plum, a cherry,
any good thing to make us all merry,
One for Peter, two for Paul, three for Him who made us all

Last edited:
I have no reason to doubt any of what the two of you say and it is all very good. You on the other hand have no reason to doubt what I have asserted and the results were very very bad for a lot of people. Good companies were ruined, families ruined, and all so this guy could play his game and buy dinners. It's not done yet
I dont doubt what you say.. just I don't know.. Thats all business stuff and a lot of businessmen to do shady stuff to make a buck.. I just don't pay any attention to it.. yeah if it effected someone I know or their families then I would have something to say.. I just judge people on my own dealings with them and what I witness not what other folks say about them

Last edited:
So Raven, how did this experiment turn out in your opinion? I just took a brief look at the not all to impressive stats. Looks like they went 4-6 and QB play not very impressive
What you said is pretty much it., arround 50% completion and less than 200 yrds passing per game.. The oppossing QB's pretty much dwarfed his stats every game..... could blame it on bad D for ELC but is what it is... All dink and dunk nothing much downfield .. Is what it is he has a great head for the game and can run some but at the end of the day the arm isnt there..not his fault just nature you cant buy arm strength you have it or you dont its that simple

Last edited:
last 7 games (looks like another QB played their last game) was 132 completions for 283 attempts with 7 interceptions. Any chance he can go back to WVU as a receiver? Seemed like he is a play maker, just not at QB. Maybe his old man can find a hobby.
I have no idea.... maybe walk on.. not gonna get a scholly there to play WR..Its anyone's guess where he ends up.. my humble opinion is he should come home and go to UD with his sisters and walk on as a WR,lord knows UD could use some WR's, but who knows word is he has some offers out there..

Last edited:
ehhI dont have anything bad to say about Mr Sills... He was always cordial to me and treated us well,, Didn't have many convos or dealings with him but he did invite me to a few fancy dinners with the the coaches so I had a few great steak and seafood dinners on his dime,.He paid my way to Ft Lauderdale for the University game as well and fed me a outragous steak dinner at a restraunt where there were billion dollar yacht's tied to the the docks That was interesting.. I felt out of place but it was interesting and the food was crazy good.. He snubbed me after we left ECA but that is to be expected.. I know nothing of his business dealings but I judge folks on my dealings with them nothing else

Last edited:
but in retrospect my Kansas bred ass don't belong in Ft Lauderdale eating filet mignon with a side of something I can't pronounce while looking at boats with helicopters and smaller boats on them.. I belong in the backyard with a bib. keg of beer and a rack of ribs.. A bushel of steamed crabs are always a welcomed addition lol Anyone up for a game of horseshoes?

Young Sills will be just fine.. He has a good head on his shoulders and is very intelligent... Once he realizes he has a different purpose than playing football. He will choose his path and be very successful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT